Pinball fans?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiny

Est. Contributor
Anyone remember pinball machines?! I remember staying in American motels in the late 80s to early 90s, and (being around 11 years old) always excited when there was a "games room" where we were staying. I'll never forget the one with just a lone pinball table shoved into the corner. It was Twilight Zone and I loved it. God knows how many coins I shoved into that machine!

I was in a bar recently and they had a Theatre of Magic pinball machine. It was so cool! It brought back all the memories of playing pinball when I was a kid.

Anyway... I came across this game on Steam, which has simulations of the real tables you used to find in video arcades. It's free to download (with one unlocked table), but otherwise you have to pay a few quid/bucks/euros to play the other tables.

It's called Pinball Arcade:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/238260/Pinball_Arcade/

Maybe I'm "old school", but I'm a bit uncomfortable with the whole concept of Steam... I'd prefer to just buy a game and have the installation files, rather than own some etherial thing in the cloud that could disappear if Steam goes bankrupt...

But other than that, it's a great game. I can't stop playing Twilight Zone! It's not as good as real pinball, but it's so damned close!

Anyone else into this, or is it just me? :p

Me personally, I am into arcade games/old school console games as well as pinball. Also, while I am more comfortable with Stream, I agree that I prefer the download files mostly because I don't have internet at home. There are places where you can get the download files but there pretty shady, and if your not comfortable with that sort of thing, I wouldn't recommend it, but if you are than go for it, you can find some cool stuff, but you have to look and some of them could be a virus, So yeah. Also there is a thing called MAME in case you want to play some old school arcade games. Only thing is you have to download them and put them in a file.

I was in Las Vegas (U.S.) a few years ago and they have the pinball museum with machines going back to the early 1900s. You can play them, too! It was a blast from the past seeing and playing some from my childhood.

Update....They have a website. Look at the list of games they have!

Last edited by a moderator:
The ones I remember most were time tunnel, quick draw and gator ball. My formative years were spent in a local luncheonette playing pinball after school.

There are sites out there that catalog every pinball ever made. I used it to look up some of the old games I remembered.

I am. It's a whole lot of fun. :D

I played a bazillion of them when I was a kid. Growing up near Seaside Heights, N. J. with the boardwalk and all the arcades, pinball was a way of life.

ah jeez. When I played my XBox 360 very often, I downloaded Zen Studios Pinball FX2 and eventually bought all of the machines. I spent a couple hundred dollars ???? I can't remember how much, but I know it was a crazy amount XD Maybe a year later I bought them again for either my phone or my computer on steam, one of the two.... Then I stopped playing :laugh:

Now I gotta find out which one it was... Might actually dig out my 360 to play some pinball XD (Thanks...)

I've loved pinball computer games since Cadet.
I had at one point a mobile Ghostbusters one, and on Steam I have one where you can purchase certain boards such as South Park and Deadpool (that one's my favorite table).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back