Abena plastic backed still ok in U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcusP

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I recently tried switching from Abena through the V.A., to another diaper. They replied "we contacted the vendor and they told us the manufacturer has no plans on discontinuing". The vendor was Xpmedical. Maybe they are discontinuing in Europe, but it seems they are still being made in the U.S. for now.

This is great news!

I had a feeling this was going to be the case.

Curiouser and curiouser...

damn...that sucks

Thank god.

MarcusP said:
I recently tried switching from Abena through the V.A., to another diaper. They replied "we contacted the vendor and they told us the manufacturer has no plans on discontinuing". The vendor was Xpmedical. Maybe they are discontinuing in Europe, but it seems they are still being made in the U.S. for now.

You must be on the west coast then. I tried to get anything better than wings diapers from the VA. They said their east coast supplies contract simply doesnt include anything better at all.

Slomo said:
You must be on the west coast then. I tried to get anything better than wings diapers from the VA. They said their east coast supplies contract simply doesnt include anything better at all.

You have to ask for a non-formulary prescription, after trying all the formulary products and tell them why they are inadequate. It isn't easy, but it has nothing to do with which coast you reside.

MarcusP said:
You have to ask for a non-formulary prescription, after trying all the formulary products and tell them why they are inadequate. It isn't easy, but it has nothing to do with which coast you reside.

Oh, I did. Numerous times in a row, and with multiple visits to my pcp. We even tried going the route of requesting specific diapers via a specific distributor. Nope, I'm told it's physically impossible for the VA to even drop ship what I need.

I know I've asked on here several times if/how others managed to get them, but never got any actual replies. Kind of confirming it isn't possible- on the east coast. (Note the VA west coast has a different supplies contract which does allow for this).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back