How do you know when you've been wearing nappies too long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can pee very easily when I'm standing up. I can't pee when I'm walking but when I stop and pee I can continue walking still peeing, my sphincter doesn't automatically clench when I've finished peeing, when I'm peeing its a very steady stream, no forcing and its a slow peeing feeling with no clench afterwards. I pee in short bursts even when I haven't got much in my bladder. When I'm sitting I can feel the build up, it's a little harder to pee but still can, if I stand up I automatically pee and a little pee comes out then when I'm standing, it feels uncomfortable when I'm sitting and holding urine until I stand up and I pee freely. I can't wet if I'm lying down or when I'm asleep.

How are your peeing abilities? Are they similar to mine? How do you know if you've overdone wearing nappies? Do you think the way I'm heading it's a steady progression into incontinence?

I've been diapered 24/7 for over 20 years now. It has not been too long for me yet.

Though my conditions are different, brought on by urge incontinence and neurogenic sphincter dyssynergia after a car wreck. I never gradually lost bladder control like that. Mine just went haywire from the start, and got worse from there.

For me the same issues as Slomo coming one day suddenly, with some early signs, most likely due to a cerebral palsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No medical issues here, I wear diapers every night now for close to 3 years straight and I spend most of my not at work time diapered, I've notice that it's just easier to go, just like you, when diapered I tend to go automatically with short bursts, as if my body knows it's ok not to hold it in, when I do go I tend to start off with a stream but then lingering long dribbles, that I don't feel, except I know I'm going.. it's weird. At night I prob wet automatically 3 times a week.
When I'm not diapered though I have no issues, I can hold my bladder just fine, I prob can hold more than a water buffalo to be honest.
I guess I get to have the best of both worlds.

I remember when I first started to wear at 11 I had to stand like a statue and concentrate to pee and my sphincter would spasm and clamp shut, it would also sting like I still had pee in my urethra. It was impossible to pee with people present, now I can pee anywhere if I'm standing up and it don't sting anymore. That has been a steady progress to get here. Is anybody at the state where they can pee walking all positions etc? Do you think that state comes with wearing 24/7?

When I started wearing diapers occasionally as an adult, I found it almost impossible to relax enough to pee -- I'd have to really concentrate and force it out.

Now I've been wearing diapers occasionally (anything from one to ten diapers a fortnight) for the past decade or two, I can use my diaper much more easily. I can relax and... what happens happens... even if I'm walking.

For me, it's just been a case of telling my body that it's okay to relax "those" muscles, in spite of ingrained potty-training. It's taken a long time, but, if I relax, my body reacts as if it's completely incontinent. I definitely haven't become incontinent, though. I can relax "those" muscles if I choose, but I still have neurological control over them. The best of both worlds, really.

I have had a few more incidences of mild "urgency" when I'm not diapered, but... I think that's more because I "can't be bothered" to hold myself as opposed to not being able to.

I can't pee laying down, though. I find disposable diapers don't work well in that position (how do incontinent people cope?!) and somehow gravity means that I don't pee even if my muscles are relaxed.

If I'm sitting down and then stand up, I often find that I pee myself. I guess the internal tubing is kinked a bit when you're seated.

(Sorry if that's TMI!)

I pee all the time walking or even sitting, it just comes out like a pulse then never stops

And it is the same when lying down. When you are IC it comes out regardless of the position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been wearing for 11 months. I haven't detected any changes in my capacity, and I wouldn't expect any. I still hold and release and it's pretty much on the same schedule I have when I'm not wearing. I can go easily when I want, although while walking a d driving are a challenge. It's easy to do but I'm only going when I want.

I don't wear very often at all in the daytime, but 9 nights out of 10 I'll be diapered for bed.

For a reason I've never been able to pin down--I've always had ridiculous bladder control in the daytime. I recently did a 20+ hour drive, without needing to pee even once. I'm assuming it has something to do with posture...? But I'm not sure.

However, as far as nighttime goes, I HAVE noticed that once I'm laying down comfortable in bed it's been more and more sort of 'second nature' to just go in small, constant amounts gradually all through the night. I try and wear genuinely very good night diapers, so I'm only assuming that over time I've just learned that it's fine to not hold it at nighttime--as it's pretty much become a normal part of nighttime for me to be peeing once I'm in bed.

The moment I'm up and changed though--it's like my body does a complete 180, and somehow I can hold it for hours and hours on end.

I wear 24/7 however I definantely do not pee whenever. At night if I wake up having to pee I usually just roll over to my back and have sometimes multiple wettings a night. During the day I’ll do this too unless I’m at work. Something about public wetting still makes me shy but it’s gotten easier. I can hold until I feel the urge to go and when that happens it takes a lot of concentration to just go but I eventually go. I hope that goes away because I’ve been wearing 9 months straight now :(

I was at home depot buying lumber last weekend, I bent down to pick up a 2x4 and the needing to pee feeling came by, while picking the wood up I felt myself going.. I loved every moment of it

I don't think it's possible to wear diapers for too long lol.

I've been wearing nightly now for about 6yrs. Even though I wet the bed most nights, I have no problems during the day. But whenever I wear a diaper during the day, I can wet it just as comfortably and natuarally as using a toilet. As well as while walking, sitting or laying...I think after a while, the mind/body just gets comfortable being diapered and realizes its a totally acceptable place to do business.

I haven't worn in years unfortunately, so I don't know how easy it'd be for me now. Back then though, if I was sitting I could just go ahead and pee, with the same sort of force as if I were on the toilet. I did get kinda pee shy sometimes though.

I did try to wet myself out of boredom a couple weeks ago. It didn't work at all, my bladder was just too clenched and I couldn't get anything out. I don't know how that would translate to diapers though.

Last edited:
I've been wearing cloth diapers with plastic pants 24/7 since the beginning of May after opening up to my wife about wearing. She is quite accepting but when I wet my diaper at night sometimes she smells pee in the bedding even if I haven't leaked. She gets irritated about that but I don't know how to prevent it. As far as my peeing habits are concerned, I wet my diaper freely during the day and change once or twice by evening. It's easy for me to wet myself while standing if I have an urge although not so much when I'm sitting down and there's pressure on my urethra. At night I have to force it to start but then continuing is easy, either on my stomach or on my back but not on my side for fear of leaking. I wear Y-front Jockeys under my diaper to keep me centered and to hold the stream close to me so I can feel the warmth on my scrotum. I'd like it to be easier to start peeing in bed but so far there hasn't been much change. Incidentally I have no problems controlling myself while on vacation or elsewhere when not diapered.

bobbilly said:
I can pee very easily when I'm standing up. I can't pee when I'm walking but when I stop and pee I can continue walking still peeing, my sphincter doesn't automatically clench when I've finished peeing, when I'm peeing its a very steady stream, no forcing and its a slow peeing feeling with no clench afterwards. I pee in short bursts even when I haven't got much in my bladder. When I'm sitting I can feel the build up, it's a little harder to pee but still can, if I stand up I automatically pee and a little pee comes out then when I'm standing, it feels uncomfortable when I'm sitting and holding urine until I stand up and I pee freely. I can't wet if I'm lying down or when I'm asleep.

How are your peeing abilities? Are they similar to mine? How do you know if you've overdone wearing nappies? Do you think the way I'm heading it's a steady progression into incontinence?
You cannot become incontinent...but I am not a doctor...so maybe? I like your story though and I love peeing in my diapies
Diapered is my preference but my clothes are too tight...this conversation is exciting. Being a straight female DL I think of dating while diapered... Lol

Sent from my U673C using Tapatalk

extremecomfy said:
You cannot become incontinent...but I am not a doctor...so maybe? I like your story though and I love peeing in my diapies
Diapered is my preference but my clothes are too tight...this conversation is exciting. Being a straight female DL I think of dating while diapered... Lol I started wearing at age 3. I had steal them from diaper bags. I initially was a bed wetter but rarely. By age 5 I never wet the bed but my desire to be diapered never left
By age 6 I had to sit on a toilet diapered in order to pee. Now I am 43 and with a little effort I can pee anywhere

extremecomfy said:
Diapered is my preference but my clothes are too tight...this conversation is exciting. Being a straight female DL I think of dating while diapered... Lol

Except we know you can become incontinent. This is also commonly known as reverse potty training, and enough people even just here have confirmed they were able to achieve it.

After all, the sphincter is just a muscle that by default rests open and had to be trained and strengthened to remain closed. Like with any training, it can be untrained. And like with any strengthened muscle, it can atrophie. When this is achieved, so is a level of true incontinence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back