Not open for further replies.

MapleBerries

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Hi guys,

In the past, I've been fortunate enough to be able to ship briefs, such as Rearz Inspire+ and Comficare M10, from abdlfactory (Netherlands). The shipping used to range from 70-80USD.

Sadly with the 2018 price increase from FEDEX, the price of shipping is fast approaching ~150% of the order price, we need to work out an alternative!

It would be really exciting to get (1) our first big groupbuy shipment down here and (2) perhaps a shop in the future.

If we register enough interest I will start calling for details and possibly ordering a shipping container!

Pop your interest and questions below! Cheers =)

Volunteers needed! - Ideal Team for this sort of thing know anyone?
- (2) Anyone wanting to invest?
- A superstar Logistics/Customs person to handle a shipping pallet
- A superstar in Auckland with a Garage or Warehouse to store the Shipment - Class 2-5 Drivers License is a bonus!
- A superstar willing to help package individual orders - Trademe experience?
- A superstar HR manager - Safety net role - Someone who can publicly reveal their identity act as a intermediary
- A superstar webdeveloper - Me =)
- A superstar Treasury - Owner of a registered business and business bank act willing to be legal anchor to fulfillment of our orders

Costs:
Shipping a 20 ft container from north side of the planet costs $2600-2800 USD - roughly 450 Cases, 3 packs percase, 12 Briefs per pack.
Each case will be roughly be 45-60USD = $20190USD

Cost before duty and gst $29800USD on the high end
Total Cost including customs duty and GST *1.055 *1.15 = $36154USD/$49249.42NZD/$45854.87AUD

Cost Price Pack of 12 = 36.48NZD/33.97AUD + individual Shipping
Versus current Prices we pay = 44.04NZD/~41AUD + individual Shipping - 10-20% profit for local AUS online stores atm (they probably only shipped pallets not 20ft containers)

^^ this is the high end estimate of shipping to NZ, cheaper if shipped to AUS, pretty sure doable

Lets say the avg person gets 6 packs a year, that means 225 People will need to invest/groupbuy $216-230 NZD/AUS into this.

Side note: I know there are Quite a few ABDL's here in NZ given that my friend sold some premium diapers VERY quickly on trademe for me! DEFS worth setting up a store...

Last edited:
I think you might want to add to that list, very near the top you might want someone with import/logistics experience, have you though about how you'll deal with the customs/GST issues etc?

- - - Updated - - -

And at the very top of you list, right above the logistics dude, you'll need to add SOMEONE WITH VERY DEEP POCKETS!

Hey @aleakybb

I'm planning a group buy one off so the money would come from NZ/AU mates.
Regards to customs - Something I did overlook!

Cheers

One thing i'll point out - Its currently around $217AUD for a full case of ABU shipped from Australia, so roughly $3 each
Rearz Inspire+ by the case, no shipping are $3.20 ish

Shipping in NZ, unless we have someone who has a corporate account with CourierPost etc is going to be really expensive

What? you think he is going to CourierPost a container?

Well, unless he is planning on personalised deliveries, they have to get from the container to peoples homes.

I would be interested in this, but it working out the maths. I don't think it worth to included Australia, there are already have abu, Rearz, Fabines & Bambino Products available locally, which their prices in AUS $ are pretty reasonable, the shipping between Aus & NZ is what often puts me off buying (Makes me think twice) It would be difficult to know if NZ has a big enough market to bring in a container, i suspect if you can bring in a good mixture of products (know the right ratio of sizes etc) it could work over time, but end sales price is the big thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back