Adult Baby Puree Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleAndrea

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Ok, so as many of you from my previous threads may know I am a sucker for making my own purees. Most baby foods that comes in a jar from the store are unappetizing, especially those that are made for lunch or dinner. I have made many recipes before both that I found online for real baby food as well as regular recipes that I have pureed to varying levels of success.
My hubby is out of the area today so I decided that all three meals today were going to be purees but I also didn't want to spend the entire day cooking so I stopped on the way back from getting my car serviced and since they were on sale grabbed a few of the Compleats by Hormel. Thought that I would give those a shot to make my lunch and dinner.
They are PERFECT! Not the most healthy thing for you but great in a pinch. They have the perfect amount of liquid in them to make the consistency spot on! They taste awesome as well. So many things lose something when they become blended but these do not. Just throw the contents in a high powered blender and puree. Perfect meal size as long as your having another veggie or fruit with it. Plus they are cheap for under $2 each.
123.jpg124.jpg

That's cool! Just please, make sure your Big side remembers how much sodium is in one of those. Either that, or drink even more water to balance it out.

Oh trust me I know, That's why I said they are not the healthiest things ever. Just something to eat in a pinch. Most of the time I make my own recipes and puree them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back