Status
Not open for further replies.

Beloney

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hello,
Do any of you know what doctors exactly look for in urine samples. I hear they can tell as much as if you have STD's, HIV, all the way down to kidney functions, bladder functions and other infections. Are there any Dr on here that confirm this. I've had three urine samples over the past two months. They say everything is fine but, Erg.....

Only certain STDs can be detected in urine (gonorrhea and chlamydia being the major ones) and I don't think even that is in a stanard UA order. Herpes, hepatitis, HIV and syphilis, all have to be done with a blood teset.

Pregnancy is a common test on UA.

Just looking at my online test results from a screening UA done a few months back. The tests were:

Glucose (diabetes).
Ketones (also diabetes, or burning fat seriously).
Specific Gravity, pH, Protein, Nitrite... all kidney
Bilirubin - (liver)
Various white blood cells and related compounds (infections).
Bacteria (infection)
Nitrites (UTI)

This reminds me of the old joke about the automated urinalysis machine. A man is skeptical and tries it. The machine tells me he is healthy other than for his tennis elbow. THe man in incensed. He doesn't play tennis, his elbow is fine. He decides to get even with the machine. He collects urine from not only himself, but his wife, his daughter, and even his dog. Just to further confound things, he jerks off into the sample. He feeds the test into the machine. The results:

Your wife has the clap, your daughter is pregnant, your dog has distemper, and if you don't quit jerking off you're never going to get rid of that tennis elbow.

Of course, the truth of the matter is that Everything Comes Down to Poo...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsVgi8hoFFc

Main reason is looking for glucose, that's pretty much all they do in the surgery, anything else they have to send to the lab.

My urologue is able to test within minutes for many more items, including infection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joelvc said:
My urologue is able to test within minutes for many more items, including infection.

wow that's handy! never heard of a urologue though,

Pete67 said:
Main reason is looking for glucose, that's pretty much all they do in the surgery, anything else they have to send to the lab.

The test I described above was done in minutes in my primary physician's office.

Hi willnotwill,

Thanks for the joke. Needed something to make me laugh right now!

- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR

- - - Updated - - -

PyjamaBaby said:
I am no doctor, but check out these links

https://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/urinalysis/tab/test/

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/urine-test

They tell you about what is tested for. Hope everything is ok.

I've had a rash around my penis and thought it might be from diapers due to my incontinence and I wear 24/7. However, I've seen my primary physician, he looked at it and said not an STD. Recommended I see a dermatologist. I have and he said not an STD, and prescribed me Desonide steroid cream. Said if it does clear up then go to your urologist. I've now seen my urologist and same thing, not an STD and prescribed a steroid cream. All three Drs asked for a urine sample but no blood work. I have no other symptoms other than when erection its discomfort and decreased sex drive. Areas of inflammation/red/rash with no other symptoms are.....top of corona gland, neck of glands, frenulum, and preputial(Tyson) gland. It's been irritated since May. Erg... No other symptoms.

Last edited:
Pete67 said:
wow that's handy! never heard of a urologue though,

Sorry, English is not my first language. It is a urologist.

Beloney said:
Hi willnotwill,

Thanks for the joke. Needed something to make me laugh right now!

- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR

- - - Updated - - -

I've had a rash around my penis and thought it might be from diapers due to my incontinence and I wear 24/7. However, I've seen my primary physician, he looked at it and said not an STD. Recommended I see a dermatologist. I have and he said not an STD, and prescribed me Desonide steroid cream. Said if it does clear up then go to your urologist. I've now seen my urologist and same thing, not an STD and prescribed a steroid cream. All three Drs asked for a urine sample but no blood work. I have no other symptoms other than when erection its discomfort and decreased sex drive. Areas of inflammation/red/rash with no other symptoms are.....top of corona gland, neck of glands, frenulum, and preputial(Tyson) gland. It's been irritated since May. Erg... No other symptoms.

Why are you thinking a rash would be caused by an std? It's most likely just a rash, possibly a bacterial infection.

Slomo said:
Why are you thinking a rash would be caused by an std?

because a lot of STDs have symptoms that look like a rash?

Could be fungal as well. Many diaper rashes are. Easy way to tell, treat with lotramin. If it goes away, then it was fungal.

Beloney said:
Do any of you know what doctors exactly look for in urine samples.

I'm no expert, but I imagine there are lots of things that they could look for in a urine sample. The chances are that they will only test for conditions that they think are likely or possible.

So... it depends what they're looking for, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back