How to dispose of pee stained mattress without people seeing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My new mattress is being delivered on the 28th Sep and I really need to dispose of my old pee stained one. I live in a shared house so can't really leave mattress outside, it's stained on both sides. I'm thinking about putting it in the cellar on the morning my new mattress is being delivered and waiting to the early hours of the morning and dragging it out my house and dumping down the street away from my house. I don't have a car and I don't want to leave it outside for everybody to see. What should I do?

Old ones have stains. No one will care. They don;t know if its urine or soda or any stain. You can;t just dump it on the streets. PS get a mattress protector for the new one.

Maybe the people who deliver your new mattress will take the old one away for you. [you might ask them and offer them a few $ to take it with them.]

chuck said:
Maybe the people who deliver your new mattress will take the old one away for you. [you might ask them and offer them a few $ to take it with them.]

They would have seen it all before, and not really care tbh, they just want to finish the jobs for the day and get home. Not good to dump on the street, if you get caught there would be a fine at least, ask the delivery guys for advice on where to dispose, while holding a note in your hand, I would suggest at least £10

I removed reasonably well pee stains in an old mattress using oxygenated water (I am not sur the exact term in English, basically H2O2, that is often used as disinfectant).

Zoanthus said:
I removed reasonably well pee stains in an old mattress using oxygenated water (I am not sur the exact term in English, basically H2O2, that is often used as disinfectant).

hydrogren peroxide

Wait till the dark of evening and put it in the middle of the yard away from trees or downwind from your home and put a cup of gas on it and set the sucker ablaze when the fire is out and metal is cool call your local scrapyard they would like to get the metal that is inside the mattress. And I give a rip about the effects from burning it shoot a volcano does far more damage than all of us do.

Just have the mattress company take it away when they deliver the new one. Some have a small disposal fee, but it takes out the worry of leaving it out front for the trash pickup.

Go out and buy the cheapest mattress cover you can find and put it over the old mattress. That will hide the stain while you take it out to dispose it. You can either throw the mattress cover away or take it off before you put the mattress in the dumpster. This is how I did it when I had to throw away my pissed in mattress.

A good upholstery cleaning company can get the pee stains out and doors out.

Kapelmeister said:
A good upholstery cleaning company can get the pee stains out and doors out.

Except he is tossing the mattress out. Who is going to call in pro cleaners to get a stain out of trash?

Life happens, lots of things end up staining a mattress. Pets, spills, just old age and being used and of course bedwetting accidents. Nobody really cares. After all those stains COULD be anything.

When I last got a new mattress, my old was pretty stained too, mostly from wetting and diaper leaks. I kept mine in the basement until garbage day and put it out that morning to be taken. No worries. I live in a neighborhood too, so I know at least a few people saw it. It is what it is.

I've actually disposed of a lot of pee stained mattresses in my time, in blatant view of people who weren't aware of my problems. After Katrina they started doing a large garbage pickup if you piled the large items on the edge of your yard, and I've put them out there for anyone to see. Nobody has ever commented on it, and honestly it's hard to tell a distinction between a urine soaked mattress and a sweat soaked mattress at a glance. Just toss it and don't act nervous or make a big deal out of it and you'll be fine.

Zoanthus said:

That's hydrogen peroxide, be careful when using it, the fumes are horrible!

bobbilly said:
My new mattress is being delivered on the 28th Sep and I really need to dispose of my old pee stained one. I live in a shared house so can't really leave mattress outside, it's stained on both sides. I'm thinking about putting it in the cellar on the morning my new mattress is being delivered and waiting to the early hours of the morning and dragging it out my house and dumping down the street away from my house. I don't have a car and I don't want to leave it outside for everybody to see. What should I do?
Pour grape pop on mattress. They will never notice. No one can positively identify a pee and pop stain
And honestly no one will go looking out back
Don't sweat

Sent from my U673C using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back