Not open for further replies.

PaddedDeist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Well my wife agrees that I need a better nighttime diaper.

The cheap medical Pro Cares that are supplied by insurance leave me on a wet pad in the morning--even with a Tranquility Super booster--I'm sure it's just leaking before it is completely absorbed.

The Tranquility ATNs are OK, even better with one of those boosters but I'll still get the occasional leak.

So now I'm looking for a good diaper--will likely order through Amazon and i live in the USA. Now I have been hearing great things about the Northshore Supremes or the Comfidry 24/7s. How well do these perform with a side-sleeper like me?

I know perhaps some of the ABDL diapers may work better too but I'm not trying to break the bank and I'm not into the really babyish prints but the Rebels and Seduction diapers look fine to me. Perhaps the ABU Space would be pushing it a bit but not too far.

I don't know about going into cloth even though I do hear that it works great for side sleepers.

I think if I had a real need and sleep was the major concern, I'd be strongly inclined toward cloth diapers. I enjoy disposables more but if it's just a practical matter, a good cloth diaper seems to me like it might be cheaper and more reliable. When I do wear cloth to bed, I'm much more confident about potential leaks. I suppose volume is the biggest concern. Cloth will handle anything but it gets thick fast.

BetterDry.

Cloth is a nightmare. Have fun with all that laundry and taking several cycles to dry. I tried it and it was not worth the hassle.

Cloth is definitely better for someone who sleeps on their side. I tried it once, and didn't really like the feeling when wet, and definitely didn't like the work required (rinsing,washing,drying,etc). It's really a preference thing.

I'd recommend you try both the NS Supremes and the Confidry 24/7s, the two best in my opinion, and see which one fits you best. Order a bag of each to give them a fair trial (1 or 2 diapers isn't enough to really tell). Then order a case of your favorite from there.

PaddedDeist said:
Well my wife agrees that I need a better nighttime diaper.

The cheap medical Pro Cares that are supplied by insurance leave me on a wet pad in the morning--even with a Tranquility Super booster--I'm sure it's just leaking before it is completely absorbed.

The Tranquility ATNs are OK, even better with one of those boosters but I'll still get the occasional leak.

So now I'm looking for a good diaper--will likely order through Amazon and i live in the USA. Now I have been hearing great things about the Northshore Supremes or the Comfidry 24/7s. How well do these perform with a side-sleeper like me?

I know perhaps some of the ABDL diapers may work better too but I'm not trying to break the bank and I'm not into the really babyish prints but the Rebels and Seduction diapers look fine to me. Perhaps the ABU Space would be pushing it a bit but not too far.

I don't know about going into cloth even though I do hear that it works great for side sleepers.

They are still only ok for side sleeping. I was using confidry, but with a baby diaper cupped over my penis (pointing up), then would diaper up normally. This worked good to absorb my initial flooding, and to redirect my pee towards the center of the diaper. With this setup I would hardly leak. Without it, I would still leak most evey night.

Even better though is Betterdry. They cost the same, and do not need a booster to work really great without leaking. These are the ONLY disposable diapers I know of which work overnight and on their own for me without leaking. I highly recommend Betterdry for side sleepers like myself. (Note, IF you did want an abdl diaper then Crinklz is the same as Betterdry but with AB prints).

Better Dry and ComfiDry 24/7 are both outstanding, high-capacity diapers that should do the job for you. Cloth diapers and plastic pants would also certainly work. I've been incontinent for many years and used to make my own cloth diapers and plastic pants. However, I now definitely prefer disposables. Laundering and drying cloth diapers is a chore that needs to be performed at least a couple of times a week. I got sick and tired of it and switched to disposables about 20 years ago. Throwing out wet disposables is much less of a hassle than washing and drying cloth diapers and plastic pants.

Cloth diapers and plastic pants are much better for around the house and for nighttime use. But, as stated before you need to care for them, and wash your used ones at least once or twice a week. If you have the time, you should at least try them.

Yeah, the care of the cloth diapers is the big turnoff. I could do it but the initial expense is frightening. (Yes, I know disposables are more expensive in the long run.) I have heard great things about the BetterDry but what is a good US distributor for these diapers?

The two I listed in my OP are easily available from Amazon though which is why I mentioned them.

I'm also considering plastic pants with my disposables but the warmth worries me a bit. I overheat easily.

How about abriform m4? They work pretty well for me and are very cheap in sweden (ship from saveexpress).

This is why I still don't understand why someone won't make a true nite time disposable where the matting goes all the way out to the edges like the old style thick Huggies of the 80's for example. I wonder if it is an issue with the machines or something. I get why a daytime diaper should be thin on the sides, so you can wear them under pants, but a nite time diaper does not have those restrictions. I am surprised we don't seem to have anyone on this board that is intimately familiar with the actual manufacturing, who could answer this question.

ArchtopK said:
This is why I still don't understand why someone won't make a true nite time disposable where the matting goes all the way out to the edges like the old style thick Huggies of the 80's for example.

I've found that you don't want the padding to get closer than 1" from the edge, it's too likely to leak or wick out

Ok, 1 inch I would go for that too.

putte said:
How about abriform m4? They work pretty well for me and are very cheap in sweden (ship from saveexpress).

You'd better be quick to get in before the old stock sells out -- they've stopped manufacturing Abri-Form M4/L4s now, having replaced them with the Air Plus (aka Premium) version.

tiny said:
You'd better be quick to get in before the old stock sells out -- they've stopped manufacturing Abri-Form M4/L4s now, having replaced them with the Air Plus (aka Premium) version.

So I have heard, however, I have not been able to find any facts about it.

putte said:
So I have heard, however, I have not been able to find any facts about it.

It's mentioned on the Save Express website, and I've seen similar announcements on other sites that sell the plastic-backed M4/L4s.

Are those announcements on only European websites? Is the US market handled in the same way.
I always had the sense that the US market was separate.

ArchtopK said:
Are those announcements on only European websites? Is the US market handled in the same way.
I always had the sense that the US market was separate.

I'm not sure, but I think that Abena manufacture all their diapers in Europe. What I've been able to piece together so far is this:

When Abena decided to stop production of the plastic-backed diapers (a few years back), they initially refused to take orders from anyone. Many retailers (and customers) tried to convince Abena to continue production without success.

Somehow, after a few weeks/months, a US retailer (was it XPMedical?) managed to convince Abena to allow them to buy plastic-backed diapers, which would be produced in "unofficial" ad-hoc production runs whilst there is still the demand.

Word got out, and the genie was out of the bottle. Most medical/incontinence/disability shops in the UK had moved over to selling only the cloth-like Abenas without fuss. But a few ABDL-friendly retailers went straight back to Abena and said, "Hey -- you're selling these to the Americans! We know you're still producing them in secret! Let us buy them and your production runs will be more economical!"... which probably made sense to Abena.

For some reason, Abena made the decision to ship only the PE-backed Abri-Forms to the US instead of the cloth-like version. I imagine this has something to do with the volume of sales of the company who persuaded Abena to continue manufacturing the plastic-backed diapers... and possibly because Abena don't sell many diapers to mainstream retailers in the US -- they're probably more expensive than domestic brands due to shipping costs.

Save Express (based in Germany) claim that Abena stopped production of all plastic-backed diapers on 15th September. And I saw a similar notice on another website (although I can't remember which one, or even which country it was based in). But I've seen plenty of sites that don't mention this.

TL;DR: I guess Abena are going to keep us all guessing again. But I fear the worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh -- just found an earlier post I made on the same topic:

https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthr...n-production?p=1459244&viewfull=1#post1459244

Go for Space!

Yeah, it would be great to have something that contains the side leaks better. We need an Elon Musk of diapers--someone with the goal, drive, and wealth to make a dream come true. In this case, it would be great diapers at an affordable price.

com-fri dry work great for me. They are high in front and back, and i feel completely enclosed when they are on. Only had one leak, in the beginning but have learned how to put them on tightly. It helps if I wear under armor shorts over them and I do sleep on my side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back