Thread: My 2nd dad just died

Default My 2nd dad just died

Really upset my 2nd dad passed away tonight after a year long battle with prostate cancer.

RIP warren I'll always love you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, Alex, I'm so terribly sorry to hear this. There are those truly special people in our lives who care for us, as he cared for you. That's the thing about cancer, it doesn't discriminate between gender, rich or poor, or ethnicity, yet it always seems to claim our kindest people.

I remember you saying how he cared for you and how he took you in when you had no place to go. He helped see you through some really dark times. He mentored you and influenced you to become the person you are today. He was obviously a very caring, loving person and his time on this planet was well spent. I do believe that the best of him will always live on through you.

Raise a glass in his memory and remember to take care of yourself as well. I know how difficult this is for you, but after all the grieving has passed, you will realize that you have been blessed with many fond memories of him to treasure forever.

Hugs and sympathy, my friend.
    Last edited by Starrunner; 19-Sep-2017 at 18:32.

I too am sorry for your loss. I lost my mom to cancer many years ago. It's never easy. It puts your whole being into a different state. Everything seems to stop for a while. Keep him alive in your heart and let him continue to speak to you, to help you and see you through the tough times. They still stay with us. I often think of my mom, and somehow, I think she still watches over me.

Laying in bed , everytime I open my eyes I see my mom and her dad strangely on a boat taking my grandmothers ashes out to sea , I lost her to breast cancer in '08 yet all ofer my house are things that to other people are just stuff,because they don't have the good memories invested in those things ,you keep them with you there is no death in a loving heart ,and i call her my mom she adopted me but she was my second mom,we have to consider ourselves blessed to not just have one mother or father , many people don't even get one ,so I know it's hard and it's an uphill fight but live your life to honor the man that gave you so much hand down a legacy of love and hope to someone else , just as you have recieved ,make it a new tradition!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words, had the funeral yesterday, which was really emotional. Going to really miss Warren, but I'm definitely better having known him.

Little hugs.
    In time you will feel ok.
    Think of the good times you both had it warms the heart and the memory.
    All the best .

I don't think I can add significantly to what has already been said here...

But I wish you the best and offer what comforts I can. o.o Losing someone close is very hard, believe me I know THAT,,, but as you say, you're better for having known him. *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by LittleManAlex View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, had the funeral yesterday, which was really emotional. Going to really miss Warren, but I'm definitely better having known him.
    Funerals are really tough, I know. I wish I could say something to make you feel better, right now but the grieving process takes its own time with each of us. You will feel better in time.