Molcare Super Plus Slips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucky129

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Not sure where I heard to try these but so glad I did. They fit perfect inside a tight pair of briefs which hold them. When I wet it is always a flood and these can hold 4-6 floods before bursting. Highly recommend these.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Chucky129 said:
When I wet it is always a flood and these can hold 4-6 floods before bursting. Highly recommend these.

While the release may be sudden, I suspect the volume is low? Six large floods into any diaper while standing *and* compressed against the body would be extraordinarily challenging for even the best of diapers available.

I've been using Molicare Super cloth backed (not even the plus) and I've been incredibly happily surprised with the value and Performance. Tapes are the best I've used on cloth. No sagging. No stretching. No smells. Very discrete for public. 2 settings easy. If I add a booster, it becomes double as absorbent. Excellent leak guards. Lots and lots of elastic.
Seriously. They are very very good diapers for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bambinod said:
While the release may be sudden, I suspect the volume is low? Six large floods into any diaper while standing *and* compressed against the body would be extraordinarily challenging for even the best of diapers available.

You beat me to it. That's exactly what I was thinking. 4-6 floodings of a full bladder will be difficult for even betterdry to handle, let alone the lesser capable confidry, let alone the even lesser capable molicare. For them to handle that, those "floodings" have to be more like controlled discharges.

No when I go it's a lot! That's what shocked me so much about these. I never go past 3 but tested to 6 standing. Sitting probably 4. The tapes hold great.

Chucky129 said:
No when I go it's a lot! That's what shocked me so much about these. I never go past 3 but tested to 6 standing. Sitting probably 4. The tapes hold great.

Oh, I'm not trying to diminish you at all. I'm sure to you it does seem lile a lot. Going strictly by real world capacity numbers it really isn't though.

Their total lab rated capacity is roughly 1500 ml. Their real world capacity before leaking is probably closer to 1000, but lets go with a high number of 1200 ml just for the sake of the argument. Divided by the six times you pee, that's a maximum 200ml per "flooding".

Except the average adult bladder holds 400-600ml. So you're not really flooding them, maybe 1/2 to 1/3 of a flooding. Like I said, really more of a controlled release.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit, if you really want to get a good comparison you should try using a premium diaper some time. They will blow you away with how much better of a performance you can really get with them.

Slomo said:
Edit, if you really want to get a good comparison you should try using a premium diaper some time. They will blow you away with how much better of a performance you can really get with them.

I have used premium nappies such as Bambino Bellissimo, ABU Lavender and Tena Slip Maxi and find that when I flood my pee doesn't wick to the back of the nappy and it tends to leak after more than one wetting. I like and continue to wear Attends Slip Regular Plus 10 and my pee wicks to the back of the nappies so it has a larger capacity. Is there a method to putting a nappy on that wicks the pee to the back of the nappy I don't know about?

bobbilly said:
Is there a method to putting a nappy on that wicks the pee to the back of the nappy I don't know about?

Different diapers have different wicking capabilities. You can try pointing down but other than that, you will need to try a different diaper.

bobbilly said:
I have used premium nappies such as Bambino Bellissimo, ABU Lavender and Tena Slip Maxi and find that when I flood my pee doesn't wick to the back of the nappy and it tends to leak after more than one wetting. I like and continue to wear Attends Slip Regular Plus 10 and my pee wicks to the back of the nappies so it has a larger capacity. Is there a method to putting a nappy on that wicks the pee to the back of the nappy I don't know about?

Silly, those aren't premium. They're good for sure, but there's still way better out there. Seriously, try premium diapers. You'll be blown away by them.

Slomo said:
Silly, those aren't premium. They're good for sure, but there's still way better out there. Seriously, try premium diapers. You'll be blown away by them.

What brands are the premium nappies you talk off?

Molicare is probably the best balance of capacity and wicking ability. Northshore supreme also wick well. But this appears to be the trade off. Diapers with higher amounts of SAP will have higher capacity, but they tend to have high suction which means that hold the pee right where you aim it. And they will not wick further than that point until that point is saturated, then the pee will move on, but it can take a long time. Which is also why those diapers have a longer wearable time before changing. I am beginning to think that Molicare with a good insert doubler could be the best of all worlds.

bobbilly said:
What brands are the premium nappies you talk off?

Well most any reusable nappy would have premium performance IF you add enough cloth layers to it. For disposable diapers, I only know of three diapers which meet the description of premium.

Northshore Supreme
Confidry 24/7
Betterdry (or Crinklz which is the same but with prints)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back