FootieCrinkle

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
Hi all,

Well, I have my own quite belated “mom found out” story. This actually happened several years ago, in late 2014 if I remember correctly. I live in an apartment above our family business, as I usually open up in the mornings. Well, an Abena M4 shipment accidentally got sent to the wrong address, and she found it. I was off that day so I was sleeping in, and she delivers the package and asks me about it. It was the single most uncomfortable conversation I ever had as I explained things to her. I have OCD, runs in the family, and she wondered if it was in relation to that, as some sort of coping mechanism. I assured her it was not and told her to call my therapist if she wanted to know, as I had told my therapist about it shortly after joining ADISC. That was another awkward conversation.

I didn’t show ADISC or any other sites to her, and I’m wondering if I should have. After this incident, she was okay with it, and we joke about it from time to time, as an example of how no one is completely “normal”. She still asks me from time to time if I’m sure it has nothing to do with my OCD, which it doesn’t.

Strangely enough, it’s actually brought us closer, not in a weird way, but in a more “understanding” type of way. She knew I wore footed sleepers, and I used to do so when I was home from college. I don’t much anymore when I stay the night at their house, as it makes my dad uncomfortable, even though she didn’t tell him about the diapers.

What made the initial encounter triply embarrassing was that I was wearing my Where the Wild Things Are Max costume, a replica of one from the film, permanently attached fingerless gloves and all, when she confronted me. I had slept in it the previous night as it was sometime in the late fall and vry cold, as it often is in Wisconsin at that time of year. I ducked out and took it off partway through the discussion, but it was embarrassing nonetheless. I’m just glad I wasn’t padded that night, as the order was because I was out entirely. Oh well.

Anyone heard from Piplup in a while? She’s my ADISC sister and her mom knows as well, but she hasn’t been on for a while. She might just be taking a break, like I do sometimes.

Cheers.

Don't you just hate getting caught. Mine didn't go quite as well back when my mom found out. I was eventually able to talk her out of sending me to see the psychiatrist.

My experience was a group effort to ignore it all together. When I was away for a school trip my mom had decided to clean my room and found a small stash of Good Nights under my bed...like i mentioned earlier it was a kind of one time acknowledgement and then we all tried to forget it ever happened. It hasn't been brought up since so hopefully she just forgot about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back