Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapelmeister

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Let me preface this by saying that if I could, I would wear diapers 24/7. Unfortunately that isn't the case. But I've had an interesting opportunity today.

As you might already know I need to wear diapers to bed, but because I can't actually enjoy the experience because I'm asleep and not aware that I'm wearing. So most nights I put my diaper on an hour or two before bed and usually have an accident or two (actually I guess they are "on purposes") before I actually go to bed. I've found I just fall asleep better in a wet diaper.

So last night I got diapered around 10 and went to bed around midnight. As usual I wet a couple times before going to bed. I know I wet a couple of times during the night just because of how wet the diaper was when I woke up. I then let that big first morning diaper pee flow into the already wet 24/7.

It is now after 2PM and I've now had the same diaper on for 16 hours not using the bathroom at all! Guess what not leaks! About 1/2 hour ago I did a poopie mostly because I want to keep this diaper on as long as possible. Because I have poop in my pants now I decided to put on Gary PUL just in case there is a poopy leak. So far, no problem.

Nothing is more comfortable to me that a wet diaper. I feel more relaxed in one, I sleep better with one. They're just great! And after today's experience I just want to say how much I really like the Confidry 24/7. There was nothing like this when I first started wearing diapers many years ago.

Has anyone else had a day like this?

My experience was similar. I wear 24/7 and put on a cheap Prevail diaper a little around nine last night. I stuffed it with a baby diaper and two cloth diapers. It was so stuffed under my plastic. I wet during the night and a few times this morning about noon I took it off because I never number 2 in my diaper. In all it lasted 15 hours and was no where near leaking when I took it off. I drank 27 oz of water last night and 14 oz this morning. Normal for me as I weigh less than 100 lbs. I'm expecting this pull-up to last until around 9 tonight if I keep a couple stuffers in it. So the cycle repeats and it still feels awesome morning noon and night even after over 3 years of wearing.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Many, many times similar to yours.

Although, 16 hours of peeing in a confidry is longer than you should normally be able to take them. You should consider upping your water intake.

for me, confidry just leak like as they were depends underwear. I don't know why but it's one of the most useless diapers for me.

I know you're having your fun, but wearing that long with both urine and feces in there is a recipe for a skin disaster.

I actually have trouble with the lower tapes coming undone while sitting.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Chucky129 said:
I actually have trouble with the lower tapes coming undone while sitting.

Make sure you're not touching/rubbing flat the area you intend to stick the tapes on. Also give each tape a little rub on after sticking them on. This helps ensure you get a good contact with the plastic.

Slomo said:
Make sure you're not touching/rubbing flat the area you intend to stick the tapes on. Also give each tape a little rub on after sticking them on. This helps ensure you get a good contact with the plastic.

It may also help to not have too much tension on the tapes, but like slomo mentions rubbing the taps and applying a little friction heat usually gives me good taping results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have urge urinary incontinence and need to wear a diaper 24/7. I've been wearing ComfiDry 24/7 diapers around the clock for the past several months. I generally wear three of them during each 24-hour period: I put on one in the morning, change into another late in the afternoon, and put on a third one before going to bed. I could get by using only two per day, but I have found over the years that wearing a diaper for longer than about 8 hours is likely to produce a rash even if the diaper never gets wet. A few weeks ago, I bought a bag of Better Dry diapers to compare with the Dry 24/7's. The two brands look and feel different, but I found them to be functionally equivalent. Both are outstanding high-capacity diapers. However, the Better Dry's cost a little more the Dry 24/7s; and I don't think they are worth the extra money.

Nolittleinjapan said:
It may also help to not have too much tension on the tapes, but like slomo mentions rubbing the taps and applying a little friction heat usually gives me good taping results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not friction heat. You don't have to rub them enough to acually heat them up. Just enough to ensure they have a good contact with the plastic shell.

- - - Updated - - -

Inconinmiss said:
I have urge urinary incontinence and need to wear a diaper 24/7. I've been wearing ComfiDry 24/7 diapers around the clock for the past several months. I generally wear three of them during each 24-hour period: I put on one in the morning, change into another late in the afternoon, and put on a third one before going to bed. I could get by using only two per day, but I have found over the years that wearing a diaper for longer than about 8 hours is likely to produce a rash even if the diaper never gets wet. A few weeks ago, I bought a bag of Better Dry diapers to compare with the Dry 24/7's. The two brands look and feel different, but I found them to be functionally equivalent. Both are outstanding high-capacity diapers. However, the Better Dry's cost a little more the Dry 24/7s; and I don't think they are worth the extra money.

Did you buy them by the case? When I got them a few weeks ago, they came out to almost the exact same price at about $1.60 each.

And I can attest that betterdry has much, much more total capacity than confidry. With both diapers fully soaked front to back, the betterdry easily holds (and weighs) double that of confidry. Note; this is with both at a capacity before leaking, not at maximum possible absorbency.

I'm in Canada and have to pay Canadian prices which are generally higher than in the U.S. When bought by the case from Healthwick.ca (one of the best places to buy diapers in Canada), Dry 24/7 diapers cost $2.32 per diaper and Better Dry cost $2.52. Keep in mind that a case of Dry 24/7's contains 72 diapers, while a case of Better Dry's contains 60 diapers.

Slomo said:
It's actually the second white tape that separates from the blue.

Chucky129 said:
It's actually the second white tape that separates from the blue.
That is one of the problems I've had with every two-part-tape diaper I've used. In my opinion two-part-tapes are the worst thing to happen to disposable diapers. When I have any diapers with those I use clear packing tape to make a landing zone on the front of the diaper and I just use the one part of the tape which is actually attached to the back of the diaper.

Hey I have problem with tapes and that is when use baby powder the tapes seem to fail. If I don't use baby powder its fine.

makena43 said:
Hey I have problem with tapes and that is when use baby powder the tapes seem to fail. If I don't use baby powder its fine.
I realized a long time ago that baby powder is of no benefit to me, so I don't use it. But I would recommend applying the powder after you've taped up your diaper (i.e. pour it in from the top of the diaper). If you get anything on any diaper tapes they are probably not going to stick.

Okay, I will try that.

Your hands and the outer plastic covering must by totally dry and free from oils and powders before you apply any diaper thats the golden rule. Also that second tape is for readjustment only once you get the diaper placed on you or the other person. That second tape is meant for final fit until you remove the diaper after its soiled or full. Remember if you do not follow this you will end up with failing tapes and oh by the way get the proper size so the tapes do not have to be stressed to the max to cause that "popping" off thing. Also remember to activate the adhesive by rubbing the tape for a good 30-60 seconds is my golden rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back