Not open for further replies.

sweetie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Hi, I was thinking about buying baby formula to try, what are your thoughts about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sweetie said:
Hi, I was thinking about buying baby formula to try, what are your thoughts about it?

Human taste buds change a LOT from baby to adult, as do out digestive systems. Most baby formulas don't taste as good as you might think, and most will give you a bad case of diarrhea.

In the quantities you are going to try, it's not going to be a problem. I've spent a week on formula and rice cereal and the like without any ill effects.
It does taste a bit funky.

A long time ago someone said it tastes disgusting and to try something like Ensure or one of those liquid nutrition drinks for toddlers.

willnotwill said:
In the quantities you are going to try, it's not going to be a problem. I've spent a week on formula and rice cereal and the like without any ill effects.
It does taste a bit funky.

Thank you for the information.

I love vanilla instant breakfast, but infant formula taste yucky and the amount of iron that you would get for the amount that an adult would need to be kept satiated would make you super sick so be careful!

Yeah, at first it tasted a bit like graham cracker but the immediate aftertaste was not pleasant.

I do likes me some ensure from the bottle, though! ^_^

I like to buy Vanilla or Choclate instant breakfast - mix it with milk and put it in a sippy cup or bottle. And it really fills you up!

Actual baby formula is NOT good for regular consumption. babies have different diet needs than adults and i really dont recommend it. maybe once in a while wouldn't do any damage- but be careful of how much u drink if you decide you like it at all.

I've read that if an adult were to consume a lot of baby formula, it would be bad for their health because they would actually consume too much iron. Too much iron can cause a number of serious medical problems, so go lightly on the formula. It also has a lot of calories so it's no way to lose weight.

As others have said, drinking formula all the time or in large quantities is not good for your health as a babies nutrient needs are different than adults, especially as it concerns iron.

However, if you just want to try formula and/or drink it occasionally, you should have no trouble if you are other wise healthy.

When I drink formula, I do not get diarrhea...you may or may not.

You may want to try a formula geared more toward toddlers than newborns as that may be 'better' tasting.

Some people also mix formula with other things to make it a bit more tasteful.

LittleAndrea said:
I love vanilla instant breakfast, but infant formula taste yucky and the amount of iron that you would get for the amount that an adult would need to be kept satiated would make you super sick so be careful!

I decided against it and got a teddy bear instead but thank you

Breast is best! Formula is gross (IMO) but I've tried substituting other drinks like vanilla Muscle Milk (yummy). Haven't hit on the perfect drink and I don't have a baby bottle but the search goes on.

Lots have already pointed out why you shouldn't have infant formula as part of your everyday diet ... and they are correct.
Small amounts are fine but might not taste great.
I'd check into toddler formula by Enfagrow, the vanilla one specifically.

I've ever tried it, yeah the taste was really bad. I think it was made just for baby's tongue.

I prefer an adult nipple on my bottle, formula bypasses the taste buds. I usually try one bottle of formula each morning. So far the only side effect is bad tasting burbs/ aftertaste. I work in heat outdoors that often lowers my iron levels so it balances out. I've tried the low iron formulas as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love age regression and do most things without embarrassment or really caring what others in the public think like wearing my hair in Pigtails or Braids, wearing clothes that are my baby age when going to the store with my Mommy and being in diapers as well in public. I even allow my Mommy to order my food for me at Mcdonalds or Pizza Hut and it is always a Happy Meal or Kids Cheese Pizza and Juice Cup. I have never had a comment from anyone before even though whatever they might be thinking. That be saying there are limits and drinking or eating yucky baby food or baby formula is one of those. I use a bottle all the time with Standard Nipples with Regular Milk and Juice and I am satisfied with that. It is yucky enough that my Mommy makes me eat all my veggies at dinner every night.

LittleD said:
I prefer an adult nipple on my bottle, formula bypasses the taste buds. I usually try one bottle of formula each morning. So far the only side effect is bad tasting burbs/ aftertaste. I work in heat outdoors that often lowers my iron levels so it balances out. I've tried the low iron formulas as well.

Hi, what do you mean bypasses the taste buds? Do you like the formula?

I bought some abdl bottles with long nipples from eBay.
The long silicone nipple fits my mouth more like an infants, therefore I don't actually taste the formula. I have several bottles, I love the playtex nursers for most fluids, not real formula though.

Oh Ok. I can't use the adult nipples, to me they are to soft plus I have a small mouth

I have formula whenever I want to feel little. I tend to use half the amount of powder that babies need as it tastes much nicer that way. I don't use it as a food replacement but just as a drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back