Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby formula

Default Baby formula

Hi, I was thinking about buying baby formula to try, what are your thoughts about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
    Hi, I was thinking about buying baby formula to try, what are your thoughts about it?

Human taste buds change a LOT from baby to adult, as do out digestive systems. Most baby formulas don't taste as good as you might think, and most will give you a bad case of diarrhea.

In the quantities you are going to try, it's not going to be a problem. I've spent a week on formula and rice cereal and the like without any ill effects.
    It does taste a bit funky.

A long time ago someone said it tastes disgusting and to try something like Ensure or one of those liquid nutrition drinks for toddlers.

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    In the quantities you are going to try, it's not going to be a problem. I've spent a week on formula and rice cereal and the like without any ill effects.
    It does taste a bit funky.
    Thank you for the information.

I love vanilla instant breakfast, but infant formula taste yucky and the amount of iron that you would get for the amount that an adult would need to be kept satiated would make you super sick so be careful!

Yeah, at first it tasted a bit like graham cracker but the immediate aftertaste was not pleasant.

I do likes me some ensure from the bottle, though! ^_^

I like to buy Vanilla or Choclate instant breakfast - mix it with milk and put it in a sippy cup or bottle. And it really fills you up!

Actual baby formula is NOT good for regular consumption. babies have different diet needs than adults and i really dont recommend it. maybe once in a while wouldn't do any damage- but be careful of how much u drink if you decide you like it at all.

I've read that if an adult were to consume a lot of baby formula, it would be bad for their health because they would actually consume too much iron. Too much iron can cause a number of serious medical problems, so go lightly on the formula. It also has a lot of calories so it's no way to lose weight.

As others have said, drinking formula all the time or in large quantities is not good for your health as a babies nutrient needs are different than adults, especially as it concerns iron.

However, if you just want to try formula and/or drink it occasionally, you should have no trouble if you are other wise healthy.

When I drink formula, I do not get diarrhea...you may or may not.

You may want to try a formula geared more toward toddlers than newborns as that may be 'better' tasting.

Some people also mix formula with other things to make it a bit more tasteful.