Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disposal in the green age

Default Disposal in the green age

My country is phasing out thin plastic shopping bags next year and eventually phasing out all plastic shopping bags.

This is a problem for me because I bag my diapers in those before putting them in the bin, which has a bin liner. Do I just have to switch straight to bin liners or what? Does anybody else have alternate solutions they use?

I try and use anything that would have been put in the trash anyway, like food wrappers (eg frozen veg bags) and the wrapper that my diapers came in as much as possible, although of course you can't get them all back in the wrapper lol.

If you have a garden you can empty the pulp from your wet (only)nappies into your compost bin and then wrap the plastic backing up with the tapes and put it your general rubbish.

Really though all councils should have a nappy/hygiene disposal bin separate in this day and age.

Diaper/nappy sacks, they are a lot smaller and hygienic

I funny enough will just be buying plastic bags to put used diapers in. Which is why I think the move is a little ridiculous on my part. I mean my entire family uses those plastic shopping bags to put rubbish into meaning once they stop we will just have to buy them! It seems pointless to me at least we were kind of recycling the plastic bags for another purpose after their purpose of carrying our shopping was done. Now the business get to virtue signal about how amazing their new policy is for the environment and make us buy plastic bags from them as a substitute thus making them more profits. Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPrincess View Post
    I funny enough will just be buying plastic bags to put used diapers in. Which is why I think the move is a little ridiculous on my part. I mean my entire family uses those plastic shopping bags to put rubbish into meaning once they stop we will just have to buy them! It seems pointless to me at least we were kind of recycling the plastic bags for another purpose after their purpose of carrying our shopping was done. Now the business get to virtue signal about how amazing their new policy is for the environment and make us buy plastic bags from them as a substitute thus making them more profits. Brilliant!
    Aha!!! A fellow cynic! It is indeed all about profit, isn't it.

SweetPrincess, you are a wonderful example of reusability of plastic bags. From I read about 90% of thee bags are tossed away. What you do is to simply used reusable solid, large bags for shopping and have at home a roll of small plastic bags. There are quite cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering that a bag is formed by one plastic bead this doesn't make sense.
    Same with water bottles, there made from a plastic bead about the size of a nickel sent through an extruder

Green age you mean money? or do you mean being a Tree Hugger and one of those environmental snowflakes? a scheme brought upon us by progressives to make our lives a living hell and make items cost more. I call it fuzzy science!