Abena

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
I really like to fit of the m4s ... why are they being discontinued? They are my go to diaper, who should I use now?

A lot of us are having this problem, Dry 24/7 and ABU Simple are my go to alternatives at the moment. I've heard good things about the BetterDry diaper but I'm waiting on a consistent US Distributor to give them a shot personally.

Do we know for sure that the Plastic backed Abena M4 is being discontinued? There have been rumors floating around about this for years.

They disappeared from Australia a long time ago and frankly I am surprised they are taking this long to shrinkflation their products in other locations.

I understand the fit is completely different but have you tried ABDL Diapers like ABU SDKs?

Maybe Nothshore Adam will chime in since he is a abena dealer.

Bummer. I wish the manufacturers would realize no actual wearers like their cloth backed garbage. All driven by well meaning but ignorant care givers who just assume cloth backed would be more comfortable and better for skin. The reality is cloth backed diapers are still really plastic backed but simply with a non woven layer over the plastic. Any "breathability" is negligible, but all the downsides are very obvious.

Mauxx said:
A lot of us are having this problem, Dry 24/7 and ABU Simple are my go to alternatives at the moment. I've heard good things about the BetterDry diaper but I'm waiting on a consistent US Distributor to give them a shot personally.

They still have the plastic backed ones on Amazon.

AnimeDude892 said:
They still have the plastic backed ones on Amazon.

Yeah, as long as they're still listed on XP Medical I'm going to keep buying Abena, I'm just searching for a consistent alternative in the mean time.

Mauxx said:
Yeah, as long as they're still listed on XP Medical I'm going to keep buying Abena, I'm just searching for a consistent alternative in the mean time.

You can get a pack for $17.00 on Amazon.

AnimeDude892 said:
You can get a pack for $17.00 on Amazon.

I get mine monthly from XPMedical by the case, which works out to about $19 a pack, with free shipping it probably breaks even with Amazon.

I always thought NorthShore Supremes were a really good alternative to the M4's.

Abena has been idiotic with some of their business actions, and truthfully--I never even cared for the M4's because I always had major issues with them being super clumpy and having not great tapes.

Although, I've always been more of a fan of high SAP diapers (like Northshore supremes), vs ones that are more heavy on pulp like the Abenas.

If you're wanting the more 'medical' look, ABU Simples are also a really good option as well.

Dan09 said:
I always thought NorthShore Supremes were a really good alternative to the M4's.

Abena has been idiotic with some of their business actions, and truthfully--I never even cared for the M4's because I always had major issues with them being super clumpy and having not great tapes.
Although, I've always been more of a fan of high SAP diapers (like Northshore supremes), vs ones that are more heavy on pulp like the Abenas.

If you're wanting the more 'medical' look, ABU Simples are also a really good option as well.

Back in the day Abena's (abri-form) were one of the best diapers you could get.
The plastic m4's of today are made different then 8 -10yrs ago, I recently bought a pack and had the same issues of clumping, I also don't think they are as absorbent as previous ones were, the plastic also feels a little different.
While it's a staple product, it's time for a change and there are much better products out there now, more then ever

That's funny you say that because I did notice they seemed different/ less absorbency than a few years back. They also seem less thick and I remember the padding used to clump and leave empty spots of just pure plastic shell.

qwertyqwerty said:
That's funny you say that because I did notice they seemed different/ less absorbency than a few years back. They also seem less thick and I remember the padding used to clump and leave empty spots of just pure plastic shell.

Yeah, the clumping issue seems to be an issue that almost completely exclusive to diapers that tend to overuse wood pulp as their main absorbency component. Pulp also tends to add more thickness than diapers that are SAP heavy--although the thickness doesn't exactly mean it does better, in this case. Whereas in diapers like the Rearz line, they're super thick, but also have a ton of SAP to balance things out more.

Mauxx said:

Fear of losing these is actually what prompted me to try BetterDry. BetterDry is the best diaper ever. Naturally, they're also hard to find a reliable source.

Mauxx said:

Have you tried ComfyCare? I've ordered from them a couple of times and haven't had any issues.

Jacorn221 said:
Have you tried ComfyCare? I've ordered from them a couple of times and haven't had any issues.
I may give them a shot once they get Large size back in stock. Thanks for the recommendation, ^__^

My go to after M4s is definitely north shore. Especially when they eventually come out with the elastic waistband on their diapers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought another case of m4's off of amazon with prime for 47 shipped and will try buying a case a month tell there gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back