Status
Not open for further replies.

alltimefun

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Ok been using diapers like Abu sdk, cushies and when taping them somehow I always get a huge gap at the top of my diaper and being male this might be a problem, any advice on how to get the top of the diaper it fit tighter would be very helpful

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Try angling the tabs down at a 20° to 30° angle. That's what I do and it helps a ton with fit and keeping them up.

Ry821 said:
Try angling the tabs down at a 20° to 30° angle. That's what I do and it helps a ton with fit and keeping them up.

That's how I tape my two-tape diapers... from ABU, from Rearz, and now from Cuddlz.

I just got in a case of cuddlz and am quite impressed with them - they've got front and rear elastic, a good cut to them, and the padding is excellent - it wicks well, doesn't sprint for the back corners to leak, and keeps my skin feeling pretty dry even when soaked. They're by far the least likely to leak of any two tape diaper I've tried, and the only one I can wear confidently overnight. Rearz's Little Squirts might have the capacity on paper, but by the time you get them to their halfway point you feel like you're wearing a soaking wet rag and they start to leak.

And yes, attach the tapes at a slight angle, so the tapes are closer together at the top. I don't know what angle I'm using, but I attach the tape right at the top of the tape panel. So the top root of the panel exactly meets with the top of the tape panel, and that leaves about 1/4" gap between the end of the tape and the top of the tape panel, if you can picture that. That, combined with the front (and possibly a bit also due to the rear) elastic, gives my waist a comfortable snugness while pulling the leg cuffs around my legs snugly without pinching, for a pretty leakproof fit. The padding they use helps a lot too, it seems to do a very good good job of wicking down to the back padding and not trying to spill out the sides. Cuddlz uses a fairly thick plastic shell too, not so much as to be hard feeling, but it's very crinkly.

I'll do a mini review here soon on the new Cuddlz if I can find the time. I'm quite impressed by them.

Just stick one side on by grabbing, say the front-right side with your right hand. Reach over and grab the back-right tape with your left hand. Now cross pull the two sides till they are loosely snug, and stick on the tape. Repeat one the opposite side, but mirrored. This time pull it enough to be nicely snug, and stick on the tape.

As long as you're also getting the tapes stuck on *above* your hips line, you will not have a gap at the front. Note, the top of the diaper will extend up another inch or two, at or about to your waist line. This is normal and how they are intended to fit.

I took a picture of how I pretape a new cuddlz 2-tape diaper, to give you an idea of what we mean by "angling the tapes".

https://www.adisc.org/forum/album.php?albumid=1926&attachmentid=29811

attachment.php

bambinod said:
I took a picture of how I pretape a new cuddlz 2-tape diaper, to give you an idea of what we mean by "angling the tapes".

https://www.adisc.org/forum/album.php?albumid=1926&attachmentid=29811

attachment.php

Those are actually 1 tape per side. While they look very babyish, they are not practical for adults. You will never be able to get a snug fit at both your legs, and your waist, with just one tape in the middle.

Anyone who uses a one tape diaper is just going to have to accept they will never properly fit. These are for play and looks, not practicality of fit and function.

Slomo said:
Those are actually 1 tape per side. While they look very babyish, they are not practical for adults. You will never be able to get a snug fit at both your legs, and your waist, with just one tape in the middle.

Anyone who uses a one tape diaper is just going to have to accept they will never properly fit. These are for play and looks, not practicality of fit and function.

Normally I'd agree with you and I have had poor leak or fit performance in the past with single tape diapers. (referring mainly to Cushies and Little Squirts) But in this case they seem to work pretty well. They do require very careful positioning of the tapes. Above, the top corners are exactly 8" apart. Not 7.5, not 8.5. And the angle is fairly specific. That's one reason I pretape my diapers most of the time, to insure optimal fit. In the case of two-tape diapers, it's very important if you want it to fit snug but comfortable around your the waist and both legs.

bambinod said:
Normally I'd agree with you and I have had poor leak or fit performance in the past with single tape diapers. (referring mainly to Cushies and Little Squirts) But in this case they seem to work pretty well. They do require very careful positioning of the tapes. Above, the top corners are exactly 8" apart. Not 7.5, not 8.5. And the angle is fairly specific. That's one reason I pretape my diapers most of the time, to insure optimal fit. In the case of two-tape diapers, it's very important if you want it to fit snug but comfortable around your the waist and both legs.

You must be pretty short then, but glad to see the work at least a little bit for some.

For me, the vertical distance from just above my legs to just over my hips is something like six inches. To get the top waist AND bottom legs snug I've always needed tapes that were as far apart as possible. Not just one in the middle (or even one at the top and one at middle for that matter).

Slomo said:
You must be pretty short then, but glad to see the work at least a little bit for some.

As I've gotten older I've dropped down to a flat 6', I used to be closer to 6'2"

Those Cuddlz do look gorgeous.

OP have you tried Kiddos as well? They have the front elastic which closes the diaper up that bit more.

I agree, it may seem odd not to tape the diapers with the tapes parallel, but even Abena demos in their videos the better method is to pull the bottom tapes upward and the top tapes downward when fastening them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cczg5VsM07o

For myself whenever I use two tape diapers I make sure I tape it a little upwards so it fits like pants. Sometimes there's a small gap at the bottom but al long as the leak guards are snug around my legs I generally don't have any issues. Also it's important no matter what kind of diaper you use to point it downward or else you'll always leak. It's kind of a male disadvantage with diapers :/

Good point promuse. Since pointing down the capacity really increased due to better distribution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back