Have you ever lost a plushie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I am not sure where this really belongs, but as it concerns Plushies, this seems the best spot (pun intended).

There has much said about plushies, or stuffies here. All our stuffies are loved, and well taken care of. I have mentioned several times that I have a real, live plushie that is a dog - blond in color, hence my name ( Blondiewoof ), and I am not, nor have I ever been trying to say a stuffed, plushie or a live animal is better than something else. It is our choice as to what we love whether stuffed or alive.

Last week my live plushies health took an unexpected turn for the worse and I knew she probably wouldn't last through the day. She was in way to much pain, movement was difficult and breathing was labored, so I had to have her euthanized within two hours of the onset. She was over 14 years old, but she was affectionate, playful, and a total tease when around her humans. She was loved by her humans and much as she loved them. We miss her terribly.

Love for a plushie of any type, or a stuffie by those who have one or more of any type, or a mixture of types is ... well, it just is. It's there, and the loss of one is never easy, no matter how it was lost.

Someday soon, I hope to have another live plushie, but I plan to do some traveling first.

I do not expect any condolences over my loss. As I said earlier, I have mentioned that I was fortunate to have a live plushie, and now I am simply reflecting on my plushie, and letting all know I have lost my real, live, plushie.

Mine is nearing that point as well. I've tried retiring her, but that just means less cuddle time which deprives her of my affection. Which she does not like. I have a feeling one more sudden need for surgery and stitching might just do her in. It's been a good long run though.

I'm sorry for the loss of your dog. It's always horribly difficult. When my wife and I lost our last dog, we couldn't even go back into our house. It just seemed so empty without her. We got another golden retriever puppy and she has filled our hearts with love, joy and amusement. She's now six years old but she's almost as active as when she was one year old. I can't imagine living without her.

dogboy said:
I'm sorry for the loss of your dog. It's always horribly difficult. When my wife and I lost our last dog, we couldn't even go back into our house. It just seemed so empty without her. We got another golden retriever puppy and she has filled our hearts with love, joy and amusement. She's now six years old but she's almost as active as when she was one year old. I can't imagine living without her.

FYI, His husky was a plushie (stuffie). And he wasn't asking for condolences.

Mine get kind of retired so they can live out their lives unmolested when they get fragile.

I thought when you say lost you meant "went missing." I had one take a tour of the US in my luggage rather than ending up at the airport with me.

I once lost an Angelina ballerina plush on a bus when I was an iddy biddy Buster, I cried for days, I took great care of my plush toys, more than I usually did!

I got mine right out of training 7 months old , he was do laid back they thought they would have to adopt him out as pet ,they told me it could be a wait as long as three years , I turned in my paperwork and expected wait ,instead they went over my social history and realized I was a really chill guy that needed a chill dog so within days they got us together to see if we would pair as a team it went so well that two weeks into our trial period when I was supposed to leave town for two months ,i said i wanted to take him with me , nobody has ever done it , they gave me lots ofvemergency numbers to contact them so they could come get him if it didn't go well , never called them , it's 11 years later and I love him more than anything in the world, I only used him as service dog for maybe four months because I ended in a wheelchair very fast, so since then I spoil the he'll out of him , i keep him fresh on commands and skills if I need him but mostly he is now my highly trained partner and very spoiled ,he doesn't run fast anymore doesn't enjoy recreational fetch ( he has no problem getting things for me , but he doesn't chase balls or sticks anymore) so at almost 12 he's probably older than I am in dog years and deserves every bit of the good life I give him , i would be lost without all his love and support .

I hope you mourn well on vacation and find another stellar partner , there is nothing like the love of an animal.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Slomo said:
FYI, His husky was a plushie (stuffie). And he wasn't asking for condolences.

I guess it was the "live" reference that had me confused. At this point I'm speechless.

Lol, the topic does say plushie.

And yes, to some people a stuffed animal can seem alive to them.

No problem, dogboy ,and everyone else who has replied. I think what I was trying to say was that we love our plushies, which can be inanimate such as teddy bear, or an animate (alive) animal - usually but not limited to dogs or cats. And when either is misplaced or lost, or dies, we do experience the loss of something we loved very much. Love is like that, and a quantative numerical value cannot be placed on love. Love is, or is not. At least, that is how I understand love.
And as for condolences, it is true that while I did not ask for nor expect any, I do appreciate the thoughtfullness and support expressed.
Love ya all!
Blondiewoof

- - - Updated - - -

I had said goodbye to all my stuffed animals from childhood many years ago, but my parents hold onto all kinds of random things from when I was a kid. Now that they are well into retirement they recently began emptying a bunch of old furniture and junk out of their house. Imagine my surprise when they arrived at my house with a ton of boxes of my old things from childhood into high school, and one of the boxes was packed tight with stuffies from my childhood. The intention was to keep them for my someday kids.
I haven't ever used a stuffy when I'm in my little space, but I recently began to think about getting one. It makes me so happy now to have pappy-bear with me when I am all warm and cozy and deep into regressing. My wife and I are currently talking about having children soon, so they all will get passed on to my kids if/when we have them. Pappy-bear might have to stay out-of-reach, though.

Blondiewoof - I am so sorry about your stuffy reaching the end of its life. Sounds like it was well loved, though

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your plushie. I lost my childhood plushies and dolls to the garbage truck. Sounds like your had a much more peaceful end.

Sometimes Mommy and I go out to eat at places like McDonalds or Chik A Fil or even Pizza Hut which is really the only place we go that we actually get waited on. I think it was about 4 months ago because it was in the beginning of the Summer time that Mommy and I went to Pizza Hut. When I go out in public I always am diapered and do wear semi aged regressed clothing and my hair is usually done in braids or pigtails. I am 19 but but am small so I look about 14 but the hair and clothing are definitely not for a 14 year old but I have gotten over that fear. So Mommy and I packed up the Diaper Bag just in case of an accident while out and I decided to take my Stuffie Unicorn Sprinkles with me. We got there and were seated at a booth and I sat next to Mommy and held Sprinkles. Mommy ordered a Personal Pepperoni Pizza and a Root Beer for herself and a Kids Cheese Pizza and a Apple Juice for me. We always get stares but honestly nothing is ever said so we just keep going with. I continue with my age play as any 1 year old waiting for there food to come and get very fidgety and wiggly in the seat. I still have Sprinkles to play with so that is good and I am drinking my Apple Juice to keep me occupied. The pizzas come to the table and I sit Sprinkles to the side on the booth seat next to me. Once we are done Mommy puts the tip on the table and takes me to the front to pay the rest of the bill. We walk out. We get home and start getting ready for my bed time around 7:30 p.m. and I notice that I don't have Sprinkles. I get very nervous as Mommy is looking all around and can't find Sprinkles. I then start to cry as this is my favorite stuffie that I sleep with. So Mommy calls the Pizza Hut and asks them if they found a stuffed animal left there. They did so Mommy told me and I became happy. She got me diapered and put me in my PJ's and back in the car we went to go get Sprinkles. Mommy went into the store and came out with Sprinkles and when she gave him to me I gave him a huge hug.

Me and My Sprinkles

nawl68D.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back