Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweetie said:
I leak urine constantly and right now I wear pads, I'm more comfortable in diapers or pull ups though but my mom says I'm to young (I'm 31) is she right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pffft. Too young? How about 1 or 2 years old. Is that "too young"? I was 18 when I got into a car wreck, and became urge incontinent with dependency on diapers and all. The real truth is that people of all ages need diapers. And for all kinds of reasons.

And medical/physical need is easy. I've found the best way to bring it up with a loved one is to just be straight forward with you medical issue of incontinence. Hold your ground, and make sure they have no say on what kind of "underwear" you need or choose to wear. Also make sure this isn't something you're just faking or being lazy about. Mention you've been to the doctors, and mention they didn't care and neither should your mom.

Slomo said:
Pffft. Too young? How about 1 or 2 years old. Is that "too young"? I was 18 when I got into a car wreck, and became urge incontinent with dependency on diapers and all. The real truth is that people of all ages need diapers. And for all kinds of reasons.

And medical/physical need is easy. I've found the best way to bring it up with a loved one is to just be straight forward with you medical issue of incontinence. Hold your ground, and make sure they have no say on what kind of "underwear" you need or choose to wear. Also make sure this isn't something you're just faking or being lazy about. Mention you've been to the doctors, and mention they didn't care and neither should your mom.

Totally agree with Slomo. Just tell your family you have a medically confirmed problem and you need sufficient protection to live a normal life. Just one note: the younger. The more important it is be sure that there is no underlying medical condition. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too young? Seriously, if you feel more comfortable in diapers then this is what you should wear!! No disrespect, but family is often clueless and do their best to stick their noses to problems that doesn't concern them. I don't know your situation very well, but as you are 31 I think you should be able to make your own decisions and stop looking back at what will your mom say. I, myself still listen to my parents and always listen to their perspective, side of the story or opinion with open-mind, but if she tried to force the idea that I'm too young for diapers, I would just get mad and told her to not stick nose into my stuff. You should go for diapers if they are more comfortable for you and I'm pretty sure they are because most of would choose diapers to wear. I myself wear diapers all the time, basically 24/7 and I don't see me changing it.

James202 said:
Too young? Seriously, if you feel more comfortable in diapers then this is what you should wear!! No disrespect, but family is often clueless and do their best to stick their noses to problems that doesn't concern them. I don't know your situation very well, but as you are 31 I think you should be able to make your own decisions and stop looking back at what will your mom say. I, myself still listen to my parents and always listen to their perspective, side of the story or opinion with open-mind, but if she tried to force the idea that I'm too young for diapers, I would just get mad and told her to not stick nose into my stuff. You should go for diapers if they are more comfortable for you and I'm pretty sure they are because most of would choose diapers to wear. I myself wear diapers all the time, basically 24/7 and I don't see me changing it.

Hi, my situation is that I leak pretty much all the time and even though the always maxi overnight pads are enough I feel more comfortable in a pull up or diaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I need constant leak and intermittent bigger wetting protection and agree that a good diaper - and Tena are effective and affordable - is the way to go. Possibly people like the OP's mum are swayed by the advertising that tries to depict adult pull ups as somehow not being a diaper which it suits them to portray as really only being for babies and very old people. It does not make sense to encourage people to think that the adult equivalent of bed wetting pants are more socially acceptable than the adult equivalent of a diaper.

What matters is that what you put on your bottom is effective,economical and comfortable. Pads are only useful for very small leaks, pull-ups are quite expensive and don't work well for me leaking and not holding enough.

I use a taped diaper at night but a belted one in the day. This is more convenient to put on than a taped one and as the fixings are velcro adjustment is very easy. For guys the front lowers so "conventional" peeing in a toilet is possible.

Only the wearer can tell if they have the right protection. Advice can only go so far - try out as many brands as you can - once you have something you can have confidence in life will get a lot less stressful.

It stacks up for me like this for a 12 hour active day: 6 sets of underwear OR 4-5 soggy uncomfortable pads OR 3-4 pull ups OR 1-2 taped diapers

This is highly subjective and probably says as much about me as it does the product, but I hope it helps

I'm in my late 30's, extremely strong, healthy, and I'm a good looking guy. That said, I'm also bladder incontinent. I have neurogenic bladder and wet myself with little or no notice or control. I wear diapers. You wouldn't even know unless you were specifically looking for signs that I was. You're managing a symptom of a condition. Your mom needs to grow up and stop with the stereotypes.

You're 31 and it's ultimately your choice.

I'm 22 and diapers are very definitely the right choice for me.

Yeah, tabbed diapers are the way to go if you even think you have to change outside the home. It's not always possible to strip off your pants and any other undergarments you may be wearing over a pull-up. But you can just lower everything and slip on a tabbed diaper easily after a little practice.

Most store-bought diapers are pretty much junk. The Tranquility ATNs are a step above and not too expensive--available on Amazon. But I do have to add extra tape strips to reduce leaking at night but I'm also a side sleeper.

There are even better diapers out there but you have to start spending more money--but you'll usually have to change less often so the price per day can balance out. (Cost Per Diaper X Number Needed Per Day = Cost Per Day)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back