Not open for further replies.

sweetie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I leak urine constantly and right now I wear pads, I'm more comfortable in diapers or pull ups though but my mom says I'm to young (I'm 31) is she right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Too young for diapers or too old? In my opinion, you're never too old. Or young. As we ask here often, if you are having ic problems, have you seen a doctor about this?

Yeah I have seen a doctor, she didn't say anything

I'm going out on a limb here. Do you still live with your parents and do they buy the pads or diapers for you? Maybe your mom feels they're too expensive compared to pads?

I live with my parents but I buy my own stuff

If you are 13, listen to your mom, if you are 31, do what feels right for you. Can you afford diapers? I like the Tena pull-ups from Wal-Mart and they are reasonably priced. Otherwise you can look for deals online like at Amazon.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

How are the tena ones

A step above Goodnites. Comfy and will take a wetting especially a slow one. The Always do not work for me because they are so thin but they do swell up I just prefer something with more filling.

Ok thanks

Sweetie, I have also a constant leak and my experience is that pads need to be changed very regularly (every 2 hours). Pull up (and I tried Tena) every 3-4 hours but are unpractical to change.,I found more reliable to have a Tena Slip the whole day and people noticing! If I can help you in any ways, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Pull-ups primarily work for me because I am in a dress. A discreet diaper would probably be better with pants. I have never tried pads except for periods and I hated that.

Fascinating said:
Yes, Pull-ups primarily work for me because I am in a dress. A discreet diaper would probably be better with pants. I have never tried pads except for periods and I hated that.

A dress is surely a big difference, however how do you deal with the shoes? I see you listed already the “Tena Slip” as you favorite! How long do the pull-on last for you?

How did you tell family about it, I'm afraid to tell because of what they will say.

sweetie said:
How did you tell family about it, I'm afraid to tell because of what they will say.

I had a sudden IC issue and I had to buy pull-ups and told my family step-by-step (medical appointment, finding, learning what works, etc...). Would you like to know anything in particular?

sweetie said:

I smell a troll. You said in your 1st post. ''I leak urine constantly and right now I wear pads, I'm more comfortable in diapers or pull ups though but my mom says I'm to young (I'm 31) is she right?''

And now your asking how to tell family?

My mom is not my entire family

Yes true.

I mostly wear slip on shoes. I do like Tena both diapers and pullups but I don't think I've ever tried the slip. My family just sort of found out over the years. I never tried to hide it too much, but the only ones I've told are boyfriends before it got too serious. That was mostly done by email but we also discussed it a little bit too. Like I said, "I was wearing a pull-up on our date." And he said, "I know, I went to ADISC and read about it." Then as it was a few days until our next date I said I would email more details. Of course they know I don't need them constantly but I don't tell them every time I have an accident either.

Did you get it checked at a Doctor? Are you too young for leakage or for diapers?

I am not too young. I did not see a doctor. I do wear to the doctor now but they never mentioned it. Mine started with sneezing leakage and then when I started back to work I realized I wasn't able to hold it during a normal shift since my breaks were scheduled 3 hours or so apart. That is when I decided on diapers because of embarrassing accidents, but I don't leak all the time. I have Ehler's Danlos Syndrome that runs in my family so all the women in my family have similar issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back