Status
Not open for further replies.

alltimefun

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I'm thinking of wearing full time for a couple of days while I'm. Off work and I know I have to be in town. For a couple of appointments. If I need to change what's the best way to do it in either a public restrooms or a restroom in a cafe

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

No good ways unless you can use a disabled stall. I would be extremely wary of private cafe restrooms as you won't have the anonymity.

Make sure you bring several spares and be prepared to take it slow and if you are used to changing lying down and you have to change standing don't stretch your diaper too hard.

I've never changed standing up before, always been able to lay down. think I might need to learn how to[emoji848]

My suggestion is to find a private restroom if you can so you can lock the door and have plenty of privacy. After a while of your like me changing in public becomes easier and easier. Since I work in a mall I generally can't get access to a handicapped stall or family restroom because they are all in use so I have to use a narrow stall to change but you get used to it. At first the tapes can be nerve racking as well but even ive figured out a way to untape diapers quietly. I've been fully diapered now for 9 months and I wouldn't go back ever! Also if you haven't mastered changing standing up you should try at home first because at first it's going to feel awkward and awful but now I can't change laying down anymore!

podmuse said:
My suggestion is to find a private restroom if you can so you can lock the door and have plenty of privacy. After a while of your like me changing in public becomes easier and easier. Since I work in a mall I generally can't get access to a handicapped stall or family restroom because they are all in use so I have to use a narrow stall to change but you get used to it. At first the tapes can be nerve racking as well but even ive figured out a way to untape diapers quietly. I've been fully diapered now for 9 months and I wouldn't go back ever! Also if you haven't mastered changing standing up you should try at home first because at first it's going to feel awkward and awful but now I can't change laying down anymore!
Will definitely have to practice, how do you dispose of your diaper after you changed out of it it's gonna look odd if I come out the stall with a used diaper in my hand

keep some plastic bags in your backpack and use them for disposal, eventually you will fined no one notices or says anything when you dispose of a used diaper and will stop stressing about wearing and disposing of diapers.

I've only changed into ones in public restrooms. First were pullups which wasn't too great as it involved taking shoes and trousers all the way off. Although it was quiet. The rooms weren't busy either which was good.
More recently I changed into a abdl diaper at a Mall. Hung my backpack on the door hook and put on standing against the wall of the cubicle. This was busy and in a way I think that was better as there were more people and hand driers to cover the noise. Doing that made me feel more comfortable about changing in public.

Yeah better get used to / good at changing while standing. You may like laying down on your bed to change when you're at home, but that's not going to be an option on-the-go. Best to develop some skills and get in some pracice at home so you're not struggling in the restroom at the mall.

Even if you still prefer to change laying down, at least get some practice in from time to time at home changing standing up. You'll be thankful later.

I change all the time in the stalls standing up. You pretty much just drop the diaper down, clean, up, then use put the new one one. I used to use the "put it behind you and then lean against the wall" method but I've gotten pretty good just squeezing it between my legs while doing up the tapes.

Of course, I also carry a few disposable underpads (chux) that I can use for a changing pad as well if I have to. I've been experimenting with using the changing table when one is of sufficient structure that it will support my weight (and big enough for me to fit).

It's not that hard. You'll need some practice changing while standing but otherwise, just focus on the task at hand. It's going to make noise but you're in there to take care of a need, even if it's one you've saddled yourself with. Take your diaper to the trash when you're done and don't fret about it.

alltimefun said:
I've never changed standing up before, always been able to lay down. think I might need to learn how to[emoji848]

it's not really that hard. You can lean against the wall if you need that support.

Well I rarely use any public restrooms, but whenever I did I could divide it into two periods: One was when I was very scared of anybody knowing about me wearing diapers and didn't want anyone to know about it and second is when I was and still am pretty confident of myself and don't bother with other people opinion. Back in the days I used to run to the bathroom with my bag, hide it somewhere so nobody sees and was very discomforted with this situation and was hiding a lot. Nowadays I don't give a da** about what other think and I just change, put a diaper aside/wear a new one and change. It's not that I brag about wearing diapers though I still feel a little bit discomforted and I don't eagerly attend public restrooms although it's not such a big deal as it used to be. Never ever received any comment from a stranger that I'm wearing diapers, maybe because I also work out and I'm pretty big, but I doubt it. Mostly because people won't laugh at your face and tell you about it, they are not teenagers anymore, so they know that people/themselves as well have a lot of different problems.

When I use to wear diapers with tapes, or snaps or pinning, I would stand against a wall (or bathroom stall divider) and put the back of the diaper between my butt and the wall and have it sandwiched between the two to hold it in place. This allowed me two free hands to bring up the front between my legs and tape or snap or pin my diaper up. Then it is easy to just pull my plastic underpants up over them and then put on my pants over that. For changing it is about the same, though urination is all I ever do (not into the #2 mess).

A plastic bag can then take any used diaper and then be packaged away (for washing later) or disposed of in the garbage. It never bothered me if another man was outside the stall waiting to use and suspected I was changing / putting on a diaper / plastic underpants. They can suspect all they want.......

JOCKMAN said:
When I use to wear diapers with tapes, or snaps or pinning, I would stand against a wall (or bathroom stall divider) and put the back of the diaper between my butt and the wall and have it sandwiched between the two to hold it in place. This allowed me two free hands to bring up the front between my legs and tape or snap or pin my diaper up. Then it is easy to just pull my plastic underpants up over them and then put on my pants over that. For changing it is about the same, though urination is all I ever do (not into the #2 mess).

A plastic bag can then take any used diaper and then be packaged away (for washing later) or disposed of in the garbage. It never bothered me if another man was outside the stall waiting to use and suspected I was changing / putting on a diaper / plastic underpants. They can suspect all they want.......
That's probably the biggest thing I'm.worried about one scared of other people noticing that I'm changing a diaper and making sure I dot screw up my tapes on my diaper

I had to change myself in public restroom really often. You can quickly learn how to do property. The only thing what make me nervous, the people who hears the crinkling sound, or noise of the tapes, then gazes at me when I come out from the restroom. That's really odd and embarrassing, but no one knows you there, and you just have to walk away.

Most places I change I don't care if people know what I'm doing or not. The places where I might be concerned are usually the places I don't even attempt changes (at work or when with other people I know).

A few days ago I was overnight flying from Bangkok to London so went to put on a MyDiaper Nacht white in the bathroom ambulant stall and somehow managed to tear a whole wing off while attempting a standing fit.

The second one I tried to use I somehow managed to put a hole in the wing.

Now it could be the MyDiapers I had were faulty or aged and the plastic was becoming brittle but the important thing is definitely practice and carry spares!

Argent said:
A few days ago I was overnight flying from Bangkok to London so went to put on a MyDiaper Nacht white in the bathroom ambulant stall and somehow managed to tear a whole wing off while attempting a standing fit.!

So are those still available? I heard a rumor they weren't going to continue producing the dark blue nacht pattern?

I'd stick with pull-ups, and yes plastic bag for disposal, I carry a couple of cable ties (zip ties in US?) and seal the bag with them, then just drop off in nearest rubbish bin,,,

I'm new to wearing myself but I am 24/7 and I have had to change in a few restrooms. I have not worn cloth so all of my experience is with disposables.

First of all good plastic bags are helpful to contain your diaper and the people who have to clean up the bathroom and dump the trash will be a bit happier. If the bag is large enough and you can roll the diaper just tight enough, the opaque dog waste bags are great and they can often be found for free where dogs are walked--parks, rest areas,... I usually have a few to pick up after my Chocolate Lab.

Hopefully the walls or door are not disgusting. If you can get your diaper positioned in the rear you can push your butt against the wall or the SECURELY LATCHED door to hold the diaper, freeing both hands up to do the rest of the job.

I've actually been changing more standing up than lying down at home so I have been getting practice with this maneuver. It is a handy skill to develop and it's not too tough to do unless you have some sort of physical issue that interferes with this operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back