Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you change in public restrooms

Default How do you change in public restrooms

I'm thinking of wearing full time for a couple of days while I'm. Off work and I know I have to be in town. For a couple of appointments. If I need to change what's the best way to do it in either a public restrooms or a restroom in a cafe

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

No good ways unless you can use a disabled stall. I would be extremely wary of private cafe restrooms as you won't have the anonymity.

Make sure you bring several spares and be prepared to take it slow and if you are used to changing lying down and you have to change standing don't stretch your diaper too hard.

I've never changed standing up before, always been able to lay down. think I might need to learn how to

My suggestion is to find a private restroom if you can so you can lock the door and have plenty of privacy. After a while of your like me changing in public becomes easier and easier. Since I work in a mall I generally can't get access to a handicapped stall or family restroom because they are all in use so I have to use a narrow stall to change but you get used to it. At first the tapes can be nerve racking as well but even ive figured out a way to untape diapers quietly. I've been fully diapered now for 9 months and I wouldn't go back ever! Also if you haven't mastered changing standing up you should try at home first because at first it's going to feel awkward and awful but now I can't change laying down anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by podmuse View Post
    My suggestion is to find a private restroom if you can so you can lock the door and have plenty of privacy. After a while of your like me changing in public becomes easier and easier. Since I work in a mall I generally can't get access to a handicapped stall or family restroom because they are all in use so I have to use a narrow stall to change but you get used to it. At first the tapes can be nerve racking as well but even ive figured out a way to untape diapers quietly. I've been fully diapered now for 9 months and I wouldn't go back ever! Also if you haven't mastered changing standing up you should try at home first because at first it's going to feel awkward and awful but now I can't change laying down anymore!
    Will definitely have to practice, how do you dispose of your diaper after you changed out of it it's gonna look odd if I come out the stall with a used diaper in my hand

keep some plastic bags in your backpack and use them for disposal, eventually you will fined no one notices or says anything when you dispose of a used diaper and will stop stressing about wearing and disposing of diapers.

I've only changed into ones in public restrooms. First were pullups which wasn't too great as it involved taking shoes and trousers all the way off. Although it was quiet. The rooms weren't busy either which was good.
    More recently I changed into a abdl diaper at a Mall. Hung my backpack on the door hook and put on standing against the wall of the cubicle. This was busy and in a way I think that was better as there were more people and hand driers to cover the noise. Doing that made me feel more comfortable about changing in public.

Yeah better get used to / good at changing while standing. You may like laying down on your bed to change when you're at home, but that's not going to be an option on-the-go. Best to develop some skills and get in some pracice at home so you're not struggling in the restroom at the mall.

Even if you still prefer to change laying down, at least get some practice in from time to time at home changing standing up. You'll be thankful later.

I change all the time in the stalls standing up. You pretty much just drop the diaper down, clean, up, then use put the new one one. I used to use the "put it behind you and then lean against the wall" method but I've gotten pretty good just squeezing it between my legs while doing up the tapes.

Of course, I also carry a few disposable underpads (chux) that I can use for a changing pad as well if I have to. I've been experimenting with using the changing table when one is of sufficient structure that it will support my weight (and big enough for me to fit).

It's not that hard. You'll need some practice changing while standing but otherwise, just focus on the task at hand. It's going to make noise but you're in there to take care of a need, even if it's one you've saddled yourself with. Take your diaper to the trash when you're done and don't fret about it.