Embarrassing moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebabyboy12

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I was working today and ran into someone who looked familiar. When I ask how do I know you? She thought for a second and then said the last thing I was expecting " I sell you your diapers". She works where I purchase all my diapers. This was said in front of multiple people. I'm just hoping nobody else heard it. I acted if it was no big deal but boy was it embarrassing.

Damn not funny. Feel for you.

Ouch! Well hopefully none of the other people know you.

I guess this is a: well, you asked. People recognize me all the time and I can't remember who they are. I played in a very good rock band for 15 years and as a church musician, I'm out in front of the public. Someone will come up to me and start talking and I'll think, who is this person. Thank god they didn't sell me diapers!

Wow! That wasn't the luckiest moment >.<

Same thing happens to me all the time - at least the: someone comes up to me and talks to me like they know me. My Abdl life is all and only online so I have yet to experience an interaction that links the two. Luckily!
Sorry my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eBay dude. eBay is way better than any store you can have to go in to.

It just was totally shocking that they would just announce such a private thing in such a public setting. eBay is good option. I did deserve the answer that I got as I asked the question. Anyone else been outed like that before?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh but they do. Co-workers

I also find very unprofessional. When dealing with such products, they should be more generic, like I sell you health products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I sell you your diapers."

"Not after that indiscrete remark, you don't."

If anyone did hear it. They won't give it a second thought. Diapers are like any product. Folks use them like anything else.

What a crude bitch she was.

omg i'd have had a panic attack right there :c

kerry said:

Beat me to it Kerry. Seems like any confidentiality is not on their agenda at your local store. You could maybe try and go back to explain that was embarrassing and you did not appreciate their brazen attitude. But that would be a big step and possibly thwart with difficulties.

Starrunner said:
Well, the OP could shop elsewhere if there are other places close by, but if he's stuck with this as the only store nearby, then his options may be limited.

If the woman was young and inexperienced, she may have blurted it out without thinking. It may have been a stupid thing to do, but it may not have been meant to be insensitive. I think the intent is important to consider before deciding how to approach it. The damage is done, it's how to deal with the aftermath.

If she's in retail, she may be young, inexperienced, working part-time and making minimum wage like a lot of other people. It may have been a dumb, really dumb, mistake but not meant to cause harm. If that was the case, and my options were limited as to available stores, I would probably call her out on it the next time I encountered her in the store and let her know why it was insensitive.

If, on the other hand, it was said in such a way that it appeared the intent appeared to demean, or not giving a damn if other people were to hesr it, then, I would get the manager's coordinates and follow up with a written complaint.

I haven't decided what to do yet. This store is my only option for decent diapers that actually work for me. I've highly considered calling and talking to mgt but then again I don't want things to be awkward when I return, which will eventually happen. Not to mention what are they going to say? I'm sorry here is a free bag of Diapers. I doubt it. The individual is fairly young but that doesn't excuse there actions. I appreciate everyone's support. It's nice to know we have such awesome community!!

Ugh. I'm sorry that happened to you. That person should have kept it discrete since it may be embarrassing purchasing diapers.

Silly kid would probably loose her job if you tell her management.

Pretty embarrassing I agree but from her reaction I take it Diapers are just like any other product for her and I wish it could be normalised to the point of no stigma.

kerry said:

Ehorton said:
I haven't decided what to do yet. This store is my only option for decent diapers that actually work for me. I've highly considered calling and talking to mgt but then again I don't want things to be awkward when I return, which will eventually happen. Not to mention what are they going to say? I'm sorry here is a free bag of Diapers. I doubt it. The individual is fairly young but that doesn't excuse there actions. I appreciate everyone's support. It's nice to know we have such awesome community!!

Before going with Kerry's advice, the next time you see her at the store, you might quietly point out that her remark when you ran into each other was rather thoughtless, since medical issues can be embarrassing for people. Tell her you're not mad at the moment, but she really ought not to do that as it can affect your trust in the store, but you're sure she just didn't realize it, which is why you're telling her.

That way you don't make things awkward, it winds up being more like a friend telling another friend they've got a bunch of spinach in their teeth, and hopefully her reaction is "oh gosh, so sorry, I'll fix that" and you walk out feeling like she's a good person while she walks out being a little smarter and more thoughtful.

PamperedGoddess said:
Ugh. I'm sorry that happened to you. That person should have kept it discrete since it may be embarrassing purchasing diapers.

Thanks pamperedgoddess. I've gotten use to buying diapers I just neve thought someone who works in the medical field would blurt out things like that. I guess it's a step in the right direction if she feels like a grown man buying diapers is no big deal. Wish more people would be more accepting. Especially my significant other. That's a whole nother conversation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back