Embarrassing moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prairie said:
What's the significance of this? Are you arguing that a young person's position on something is less valid than an older person's, merely because of their age?

Not less valid, but more over blown. As we gain life experience we also realise that worrying about certain things just isn't worth it. Calling for her to be fired for a simple recognition comment comes across as being completely over blown, hence from someone younger and inexperienced.

Forgiving and forgetting would really make us better people.

Prairie said:
What's the significance of this? Are you arguing that a young person's position on something is less valid than an older person's, merely because of their age?
No I'm make a point that the younger folks commenting recklessly need to buck up and stop acting like snowflakes, truthfully I'm seeing a pattern and it's not just here, it's with everything, a lot of people seem to show no constraint.

pampers4U said:
No I'm make a point that the younger folks commenting recklessly need to buck up and stop acting like snowflakes, truthfully I'm seeing a pattern and it's not just here, it's with everything, a lot of people seem to show no constraint.

Old people make some pretty nasty comments too and no one expects them to "buck up".

I remember faces better than names or where I know somebody from

NateSean said:
Old people make some pretty nasty comments too and no one expects them to "buck up".

True. Once you've been through an experience, and tried to help others learn from it too, then those who come afterwards start to see impertinent and even unwilling to learn from us. Sometimes we can't help but start talking down to them, though I try not to.

I did not read all of the above posts, but one thing that everyone seems to be missing is that this young lady is dealing with diapers and wearers all day long, and to her diapers are normal without stigma. Yes she should be more sensitive in the outer world, but this probably has never occurred to her. If the OP sees her again, perhaps he should gently remind her that diapers are embarrassing to some individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back