Idea for a Wearing Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

freechris

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This is what I've been following lately.

From Sunday through Friday-
Morning (during work): no diaper products whatsoever
Afternoon (after work): pull-ups (the new Magnifico brand)
Bedtime: traditional tape-on diapers (so usually one per night)

Saturday (my day off)-
Morning through afternoon: a second traditional diaper
Overnight into Sunday: no diaper products

Sunday: back to the Sunday-Friday schedule

The reasoning behind this is that while I enjoy wearing regularly (but only in safe places like the comfort of my own home), I also want to keep bladder control. Also, the rotation of what I wear seems to add a little variety in my life.

So far, this seems to work for me. It's something I recommend fellow ABDLs to try as I think it might keep certain things in balance. If anyone has other suggestions, though, I'd like to hear them, too :cool:

A schedule, yes, lets everyone try it. But your schedule, no, I think that is what works for you and everyone else should select their own.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Hmmm for me night time only.

I'm inclined to believe this would "change" up your diapering habits enough to retain bladder control fairly decently. You might have furthering problems with incontinence further down the line, but switching it up like this (especially overnight) should in theory delay that from happening.

Like Fascinating inferred though, everyone is different. What works for you might not work for someone else. It's a good starting point though.

Before my car accident, I only wore at night at home alone during the week. On the weekend, I would wear all day and night Saturday, and on Sunday, I would wear at night for bed time only. Now I get to wear 24/7 thanks to that accident. But that's not a bad thing, just gives me a reason to have my diapers.

I think everyone is unique, so different patterns and schedules might work for them. It's good to share yours though, since others might want to try it and, at any rate, it's very good that you've managed to find a good balance for yourself.

One thing I will note, though, is that it's pretty hard to cause incontinence just by wearing diapers. It's possible, especially if people intentionally mess up their peeing habits and never hold it. But if you just wear diapers, even all the time, and then pee when you have to pee, you're not going to lose your continence. I've gone several short 24/7 periods (like, for a week or so) and it's never been an issue, and even people who have gone much longer have not reported having problems simply from wearing a lot.

babymike1985 said:
Before my car accident, I only wore at night at home alone during the week. On the weekend, I would wear all day and night Saturday, and on Sunday, I would wear at night for bed time only. Now I get to wear 24/7 thanks to that accident. But that's not a bad thing, just gives me a reason to have my diapers.

first of all, Im glad youre okay! What kind of injury did you sustain ? Im just curious when i hear people who were DLs but then actually end up physically needing them.

ArchieRoni said:
I think everyone is unique, so different patterns and schedules might work for them. It's good to share yours though, since others might want to try it and, at any rate, it's very good that you've managed to find a good balance for yourself.

One thing I will note, though, is that it's pretty hard to cause incontinence just by wearing diapers. It's possible, especially if people intentionally mess up their peeing habits and never hold it. But if you just wear diapers, even all the time, and then pee when you have to pee, you're not going to lose your continence. I've gone several short 24/7 periods (like, for a week or so) and it's never been an issue, and even people who have gone much longer have not reported having problems simply from wearing a lot.

A week of freely peeing wouldn't cause incontinence. A year though is a whole different story. It's not as hard as you think to let a muscle atrophy. All you need to do is not exercise it.

Look at astronauts. After a year in space, and even with their exercising, they loose the ability to even walk when they get back. It takes months of rehab for them to regain it. Loosing continence through disuse of the sphincter muscle isn't that different.

Long list lol, but here it goes. Shattered jaw, broke arm, and just about all my ribs, collapsed lung, ruptured spleen, damaged my bladder, which is why I have to wear 24/7 now, and brain bleed. Cause of all the facial damage had to get a tracheotomy done so I could breath, and had a tube in my side to keep lung inflated.

babymike1985 said:
Long list lol, but here it goes. Shattered jaw, broke arm, and just about all my ribs, collapsed lung, ruptured spleen, damaged my bladder, which is why I have to wear 24/7 now, and brain bleed. Cause of all the facial damage had to get a tracheotomy done so I could breath, and had a tube in my side to keep lung inflated.

So sorry about that. :(

To the OP, You're actually going to use the Magnifico Pull-Ups? They're Horrible!

That wouldn't work for an incontinent person like me. My wearing schedule: When diaper is full, change to new diaper (or suffer the consequences).

babymike1985 said:
Long list lol, but here it goes. Shattered jaw, broke arm, and just about all my ribs, collapsed lung, ruptured spleen, damaged my bladder, which is why I have to wear 24/7 now, and brain bleed.

Sounds like an advertisement for seatbelts, were you buckled up? (or were you on a motorcycle??)

bambinod said:
Sounds like an advertisement for seatbelts, were you buckled up? (or were you on a motorcycle??)

Actually the cop that wrote me a ticket for not wearing a seat belt said he hated to do it because the only reason I survived that wreck was because I wasn't wearing it due to the fact my engine ended up in the driver seat and I ended up in a little cuby whole of the only place that wasn't crushed in the car. Which is funny cause I always hook my seat belt, and that day I just forgot to.

babymike1985 said:
Actually the cop that wrote me a ticket for not wearing a seat belt said he hated to do it because the only reason I survived that wreck was because I wasn't wearing it due to the fact my engine ended up in the driver seat and I ended up in a little cuby whole of the only place that wasn't crushed in the car. Which is funny cause I always hook my seat belt, and that day I just forgot to.

Don't let this mislead anyone. While it's true that seatbelts can be a part of what will kill a person in a wreck, they save the lives of a vast majority.

I am one such person. Back in the 90's I never wore a seat belt. One day I gave a friend a ride and she put her belt on, so I did as well. Dropped her off, then continued on a shortly after got hit by another driver.

Long story short, the force of the impact threw me against my seatbelt so hard I literally bounced ricocheted back into my seat. Also so hard that it literally ripped up the front bolts of my seat and put me into a reclined position. As my car came to a rest, a pole that I hit toppled on my roof. Collapsed it about two feet right into where my head would have been. (Had I not been thrown through the windshield too).

Without a doubt, a seatbelt saved my life. I always wear it now.

Slomo said:
Don't let this mislead anyone. While it's true that seatbelts can be a part of what will kill a person in a wreck, they save the lives of a vast majority.

I am one such person. Back in the 90's I never wore a seat belt. One day I gave a friend a ride and she put her belt on, so I did as well. Dropped her off, then continued on a shortly after got hit by another driver.

Long story short, the force of the impact threw me against my seatbelt so hard I literally bounced ricocheted back into my seat. Also so hard that it literally ripped up the front bolts of my seat and put me into a reclined position. As my car came to a rest, a pole that I hit toppled on my roof. Collapsed it about two feet right into where my head would have been. (Had I not been thrown through the windshield too).

Without a doubt, a seatbelt saved my life. I always wear it now.

For sure, that was just a miracle that saved me, because my brother just wrecked his car a few months ago and the only reason he survived is because he was wearing his seat belt. My belief is it wasn't our time, that is why we are still here today.

There will always be people with stories about how "NOT wearing a seatbelt saved their life", but those are so few in number compared to all the people whose lives were saved (or were spared more serious injury) because of their seat belt. You've got to go with the odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back