growing up a bedwetter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggreggy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i'm wondering if my growing up a bedwetter is typical for bedwettersor not:

when i was about 3 my parentsdivorced and mom and i moved in with aunt mary and my cousin bobby. it was a moble home, bobby and i shared a bed in his very small room. we both were bedwetters (runs in the family), so the bed was wet most mornings. mom would wake us up and take us to wash off i the tub. as we got older wewould grab the wet sheets and put them in the tub. we hated the feel of cold peedin pjs being pulled over our heads, so we would get inthetub in our pjs, turn on the shower and rinse them off.once they werewarm i would pull bobbys pj top and teeshirt off and he would pullmine over my head. the bottoms and underwear we would push off to the tub. that way we got wsshed and they got rinsed. after the shower we would put on clean underwear, dumped the wet stuffin the wssher and have breakfast. then get dressedand go off to school.

on weekends wewould watch cartoons on the tiny b&w tv instead of getting dressedand going toschool. when the sheets pjs and underwear were done we would hang them on the line outside. it never occured to us that standing there in our underwear most every weekend hanging our pjs and underwear and sheets would tell the world we were bedwetters.

i talked to bobby last night and he said i should add more info, so here at his suggestion:
last night we estimated that through grade school we each wet about 4 to 6 times per week. when mom woke us up we would have this conversation: you wet? yeah, you? im soaked. yeah, me too! " if we were both soaked we checked to see how big the puddle was. sometimes it was pretty big as wegot older.

since bed wetting ran in moms/aunt marys family they never seemed to make a big deal out of it. even when we wet doring the day. i remember coming home fromschool with wet pants occationally. and during the summer our typical clothes were a tshirt and swim trunks, which were often wet whether or not a sprinkler or kiddy pool was around.

by the time we got to jr high we were wet in the morningt about 3 to 4 times a week. then mom remarried when i was in high school and we moved away. in hidh school the wettjng went down to a few times per week. by jr college i had stppedwetting except after a night of drinking. that stilldoes it for me.

now back to what i had originally wrote:
when i went back years later to help bobby clean out aunt marys trailer we met one of our now old neighbors. she immediately recognized us and said you are marys bedwetters. i almost died. oh yes she said everybody in the park knew, how could they not with your night clothes on the line every day!

that was how i grewup. was this typical, or are bobby and i just wierd?

Last edited:
Not to make light of this, but GODS I wish I was a bed wetter. At least that would have given me a reason to need diapers instead of just loving them.

ggreggy said:
on weekends wewould watch cartoons on the tiny b&w tv instead of getting dressedand going toschool.

Looking at your age, I am guessing this would've been circa 1960. It would have been cool to see old cartoons as an actual little dude when those classics were new.

Illinoise said:
Looking at your age, I am guessing this would've been circa 1960. It would have been cool to see old cartoons as an actual little dude when those classics were new.

I was born in 76. Watched most all cartoons in back & white when I was but a wee tot. Not everyone was "rich" enough to afford color back then, and my single mom of three (plus my grandmother) was anything but rich.

Slomo said:
I was born in 76. Watched most all cartoons in back & white when I was but a wee tot. Not everyone was "rich" enough to afford color back then, and my single mom of three (plus my grandmother) was anything but rich.

I was also born in the Bicentenial year. I did watch my toons in color, but not because we were "rich". My folks just had good union jobs--the same place, actually. They met there, which, at least in part, led to my existence.

I'm a Bicentennial too. Must have been a good year.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Wow. It seems really weird to me that an older neighbor would reintroduce herself by announcing that you were the bed wetter. It seems incredibly rude. I think I would have been tempted to say, "Yeah, and I guess you're one now too at your age!"

I'm significantly younger than you but I did grow up wetting the bed. My routine was as follows: Wake up with soaked Pj's and sheets, take them off put them in the wash, shower/bath, get dressed then go to school (if it was a school day).

Illinoise said:

yep, i grew up in the late 50s through the 60s. once we were daytime potty trained the diapers came off. and either you stopped wetting at night or you end up cold and wet. thanks to dr spock and our pediatrition advice. dips!

- - - Updated - - -

as i recall she was an obxoius busybody when i was a kid. so while it was embarrassing, i guess i wasnt suprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back