Not open for further replies.

PaddedDeist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I've had a couple of nights in a TranquilityATN and they are decent--especially compared to the cheap store brands I've been using. But when I get up the diaper is sooo full that it starts to leak the SAP.

I'm considering boosters to deal with this though and I'm also wondering what would be the next step up in a plastic-backed diaper that's not going to break the bank. Or would a booster pad be a good solution?

PaddedDeist said:
I've had a couple of nights in a TranquilityATN and they are decent--especially compared to the cheap store brands I've been using. But when I get up the diaper is sooo full that it starts to leak the SAP.

I'm considering boosters to deal with this though and I'm also wondering what would be the next step up in a plastic-backed diaper that's not going to break the bank. Or would a booster pad be a good solution?

I say no. Boosters will increase how long you can wear the same diaper, but they do nothing for improving their actual performance, and certainly do not help to prevent leaks (they can actually make leaks worse even).

Despite the false advertising of their name, Tranquality ATN is not a good diaper for overnight use. Especially for side sleepers like me too.

The next level up from tranquality would be something like xpmedical aplus, id slip, or bambinos. Even these can be hit or miss though. I personally recommend northshore supreme, confidry, or betterdry (my favorite). And yes, you get what you pay for, so diapers that actually work are going to be more expensive.

Plastic pants would improve the diaper but they would catch the leaks

In the past, to address leaks, I've considered using the dog training pads (or you could also use the under-pads that are sold as well). For SAP, maybe just somehow catch it in the pad, wrap up the diaper inside of that, and then throw it away. I forget how much the pads cost, but I'm sure they are not too expensive.

Barush said:
Plastic pants would improve the diaper but they would catch the leaks

* would NOT*

And yeah, I find a good diaper cover (PUL, plastic, whatever) to be invaluable. NO diaper is fully 100% leak proof (yet). A good diaper cover not only helps contain any leaks, they also help you notice that leak before it becomes out-worldly noticeable. They are a must for any 24/7 diaper wearer, even disposables.

Buy some plastic pants in till you can get better Diaper's! [emoji64]

~Rob

Slomo said:
I say no. Boosters will increase how long you can wear the same diaper, but they do nothing for improving their actual performance, and certainly do not help to prevent leaks (they can actually make leaks worse even).

Despite the false advertising of their name, Tranquality ATN is not a good diaper for overnight use. Especially for side sleepers like me too.

The next level up from tranquality would be something like xpmedical aplus, id slip, or bambinos. Even these can be hit or miss though. I personally recommend northshore supreme, confidry, or betterdry (my favorite). And yes, you get what you pay for, so diapers that actually work are going to be more expensive.

Agree...for sleeping you need a serious diaper. BetterDry are incredible. I sleep in nothing but a BetterDry and wake up in a dry bed every single morning despite the diaper weighing 10lbs. They just don't leak.

Great ideas. I do sleep with a pad under me because I don'y want to wreck my mattress. But the underwear I wear over my diaper gets pretty soaked.

I'll have to look into some good plastic pants and find a better diaper then as well.

PaddedDeist said:
Great ideas. I do sleep with a pad under me because I don'y want to wreck my mattress. But the underwear I wear over my diaper gets pretty soaked.

I'll have to look into some good plastic pants and find a better diaper then as well.

I think just a better diaper would do the trick. Like Slomo said, can't go wrong with Confidrys or NorthShore Supremes. Both are reasonably priced and hold back like the Hoover Dam.

BetterDry.

Best diapers ever.

ProudPaddedBro said:
I think just a better diaper would do the trick. Like Slomo said, can't go wrong with Confidrys or NorthShore Supremes. Both are reasonably priced and hold back like the Hoover Dam.

Exactly, and when you take the cost of a cheap diaper and add the cost of a booster pad you're spending about the same amount as a better diaper would cost. It's better to just get the better diaper since it will perform better on top of getting that extra absorption.

In my opinion, the highest-performing diapers in the market are the Adult Baby themed disposables such as ABU Space, Bambino, or Rearz Safari. I have unleashed the fury on all three and had minimal performance problems, especially ABU Space. I also add plastic pants (terry lined for comfort) and a mattress cover for extra peace of mind. Tranquility ATN was my first adult diaper, and it is very good, but it does not stack up in raw performance with AB diapers. I have found that boosters can increase overall capacity but can actually lead to more leaks. Better to go with the real deal.

i can say the northshore supremes would work as i am currently wearing one lol i tested how much it could hold and i must dumped like 80 oz of warm water in it and it leaked like 2 drips when i sat down and stopped. thats pretty impressive since an average bladder holds about 16oz and theyre decent price like 15 for about 20$

Yup, I do need to try to get better overnight diapers. I did find that taping in between the two regular tapes helps a bit too. The diaper makes a gap between the two tapes that seems to let the urine through.

I could never get thru the night with just one.

SimCo said:
In my opinion, the highest-performing diapers in the market are the Adult Baby themed disposables such as ABU Space, Bambino, or Rearz Safari. I have unleashed the fury on all three and had minimal performance problems, especially ABU Space. I also add plastic pants (terry lined for comfort) and a mattress cover for extra peace of mind. Tranquility ATN was my first adult diaper, and it is very good, but it does not stack up in raw performance with AB diapers. I have found that boosters can increase overall capacity but can actually lead to more leaks. Better to go with the real deal.

Just curious, but what other diapers have you tried to come to this conclusion? Yeah Tranquility doesn't stack up, but you know there's better still right?

I did get in my Tranquility Super-sized boosters in yesterday and they really did up the absorbency. Even without the extra packing tape in between the regular tapes, I didn't leak out the side last night. I'll have to do a few nights to see how well they really work though. A bag of 25 was just over $10 plus it was eligible for Prime Shipping. For an inexpensive option, it seems OK.

I did look at some of the Rearz diapers and I like the pattern on the Rebels and the all-black Intimates. Are there more companies that have fun, but not necessarily babyish designs like these? My wife has always had fun picking out different printed boxers for me--TMNT, Star Wars, South Park, ...--and I do like fun patterns. I'm just not so keen on the really babyish prints.

the ads for tranquillity and the on line comparisons mis lead. So far the Mollicare work best, and also abena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back