I need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordFluffybuttz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I need advice as to how I can effectively suppress my desires for diapers. I know that I will never stop wanting them but I want to better resist as much as I can. I do believe that the DL in me is a hinderance to my life and I simply can not responsibly allow it to persist.

Be very active and keep your mind on other things. Anything that reminds you of diapers get rid of it.

I think if the desire has been with you for some time and you've actively worked against it but it remains, you're stuck with it. I'm willing to believe that some people have fleeting desires we might see as ABDL or that some other kink might be able to supplant it but I think we're in it for the long haul. In my experience, it's possible to stop acting on this but it's way better if you integrate it into your personality. That's the real challenge.

You've probably explained this elsewhere, but because I'm unobservant: What is it about the diapers that troubles you the most? Is it a mechanical thing (like hiding them), or something more complex (like finding an accepting partner)? Or all of the above?

I have to agree with Trevor, though: Finding a way to integrate it--or at least make a simple habit of indulging it--is best. They say that "you always want what you can't have." Well, it also happens that "you don't always want what you can always have." That's where to look for relief, oddly. If you keep diapers handy and make it easy for yourself to indulge the need for a diaper as soon as it comes along, you'll find yourself a lot less preoccupied with diapers. Strange but true. Or at least that's been my experience.

Figure out what diapers give you, what feelings, comfort, safety, etc. If you can find a way to meet these needs with other things, you won't have as much of a desire for diapers. Suppression won't work because the needs are still there. I see this kind of thing as a door to something else. You can't lock it; you have to go through and understand yourself more deeply if you want to move on from them.

Based on experience it's never going to go away. You can find other things but eventually it will come back. You're better off becoming comfortable with that fact and becoming better about not taking part in them. I find coming in sites like this and being able to talk about it enough for me most of the time personally, but for you it may be different.

I know of no one who has ever been able to do this. Asking for a way to not be a dl is like asking for gay conversion therapy. It doesn't work and does more harm than good. Now if it was a diaper fetish you could probably find a way, but not as a diaper lover.

Sorry but you're just going to have to learn to accept this is a part of who you are. And being a dl doesn't have to be a hinderance as long as you are able to find the right ballance for them and not fight it.

And heck, incontinent people find ways to make diapers work in their life, and we have no say it or way to limit them. Also given most other dl's have too, I'm sure you can as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back