Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do Firefighters Wear Depends?

Default Do Firefighters Wear Depends?

Do real firefighters wear Real Fit briefs or any sort of adult diaper? I just saw this advertisement last night and it certainly leaves that impression. The video shows a really hot looking young firefighter just pulling up his pants over his Depends Real Fit briefs as if its just a normal part of his day.

I'm not buying it but I can dream, can't I? Are there any firefighters here who can share some insight about this ad? I'm thinking it's just another marketing ploy from Depends.

Well, it does say he was "compensated for his story" rather than that it was a fictionalized account, so it seems likely that he's a real guy who uses the product.

Well, Depend isn't advertising to the ABDL community, try advertise to the people who consider bladder leakage and incontinence to be an inconvenience they have to manage.

So yes, I'm sure there are firefighters who wear Depend Underwear to manage their medical condition.

MassIncon

no. I have several firefighter friends. 99% of their time is spend sitting around a fire house. They head out for a call when it comes in. There's nothing about the job that would require a diaper. Secondly, any job that required a diaper would not find depends to be sufficient.

The commercial isn't trying to suggest that firefighters wear diapers, but that this "regular joe" does and it's no big deal and his incontinence (which must be super mild if he gets by with those crap products) doesn't slow him down in his job.

MassIncon

They could make a commercial of me getting ready for my banking job pulling my suit pants up over a full mat tape on diaper "as if it's just a normal part of my day" and that's all it would be. It wouldn't suggest that bankers all wear diapers.

There is another commercial with the same guy where he says (paraphrasing) "I can do my job without distractions such as bladder control". There are many men, including myself, who have occasional issues. I will be going back to work in a few days and will be wearing pads. If they don't work for some reason, the underwear is an option. The Northshore pull ups are quite sweaty in the heat.

That said, when a firefighter is on the job for hours, do they wear protection? Or do they "tag team" where one unit relieves another so they can drink fluids and take care of other business?

I thought it had more to do with all the clothing and equipment they have on them, which also makes me think of football and hockey players.

This is a little interesting, My initial thoughts was no. As they wear particular clothing that doesn't catch fire and keeps them cool. I take it from the video he is a front line fireman (I can't watch the video now) Interestingly can anyone answer if he covers structural fires or forest fires?

I would suspect a firefighter would need some physical fitness for being able to carry weight and not get ill at the first spec of smoke inhalation (that is have breathing illnesses). While a bladder issue isn't critical it I would suspect there was some liabilities to it.

Quote Originally Posted by isnotavailable88 View Post
    I would suspect a firefighter would need some physical fitness for being able to carry weight and not get ill at the first spec of smoke inhalation (that is have breathing illnesses). While a bladder issue isn't critical it I would suspect there was some liabilities to it.
    The one test I recall reading about is having to lug 50 lbs of firehose up and down a few flights of stairs in a very short period of time. The reason there are so few women firefighters is some of the physical tests you have to pass are very demanding on your strength.

I'm a fire fighter, and no, its not common at all to see any firefighter wearing a diaper or pull up. I've been to many long structure fire calls and if you need to pee you just find a semi private area to pee, if you got to poop, well that's up to you what you do, the gear to put on and off isn't really that complicated. I've been at calls where #2 nature called, I've actually used the bathroom of the house that was on fire, it was in a section that had little smoke and obviously not on fire.