Looking for advice on M4 replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they stretch at night too. If the plastic pants were snug it would help. Or were snug undies over the diaper.

Your waist is also a big factor in what diaper is best. Someone here mentioned that the ABU Simples outperform the Confidry 24/7's. Yes and no. In raw capacity, yes they do. However , if you are a 34-36" waist like myself, the Confidry fit is superior to the ABU fit as the ABU medium is too small and the ABU Large is so big that it doesn't fit my body well and leaks all over the damn place. That's my biggest beef with the ABU Simple and Space lines, for guys like me in that waist range there's no good fit option. The Tykables also had great fit, and had the better absorbancy of the ABU's, making them my go-to choice.

It will be very interesting to see how the new Tykables perform, if what I've heard is true and they have the great fit plus more absorbancy, they may be the new diaper to beat. I'm anxiously awaiting my first shipment.

- - - Updated - - -

Also - I know people sh1t all over the non plastic M4's, but I REALLY like them. They are so much cooler than the plastic, they treat my skin better, they barely crinkle at all and they're so much less irritating (the cloth vs. the plastic) that I see why Pampers et cetera switched to the cloth back years ago. I wore a cloth backed Abena under my basketball shorts last night to bed and it was super comfortable and performed well. Just my $0.02

bambinod said:
You're just going to have to lower your intake before bed or go with thicker diapers. I would rate 247 as 'high capacity' only in the "medical diapers' category. Try a case of ABU Simple those rate "medium/high capacity" in the "abdl diaper" category, which is significantly better.

I wear BetterDry and have no problem. I was just trying to give the Dry24/7 another chance and no go.

With the BetterDry, I drink whatever I want at night and my bed is dry every morning.

WBxx said:
Has anyone tried Abena’s level 4 cloth backed? For nighttime, I’m wondering if the cloth backed with a snug plastic pant (which I currently wear) would have similar functionality, fit and sensation as the M4?

yes. I hate them, and all other cloth backed styles. they stretch so much during the night that they're falling off by morning.

BetterDry or ComfiDry would probably be the best bet.

Wellness Superio can be good, but they are thinner, but perhaps if you boost them.

Personally I would reccomned Rearz Inspire+ InControl if you ca get those covered or assisted with.

Really depends on your body shape though. BetterDry, ComfiDry, and Northshore simply do no work well for me, but plenty of other that rave about them.

Unfortunately I don't know of anything that compares to the wicking of Abena. I've had those things take the urine all the way from the front to almost the rear waistband. Nothing else seems to want to do that.

ProudPaddedBro said:
Also - I know people sh1t all over the non plastic M4's, but I REALLY like them. They are so much cooler than the plastic, they treat my skin better, they barely crinkle at all and they're so much less irritating (the cloth vs. the plastic) that I see why Pampers et cetera switched to the cloth back years ago. I wore a cloth backed Abena under my basketball shorts last night to bed and it was super comfortable and performed well. Just my $0.02
I used to be just completely anti-cloth-like with my diapers, I just refused. It's the material the majority of them go with, and unfortunately that included Abena, I liken it to dryer sheets, it's just not adequate. But I have since tried diapers like the Seni line and ABU's Preschools, and Bambino's Magnificos(which, were it not for the crazy price point would probably be my favorite diaper, it'd be a miracle to get those at $1.67 a diaper, I'd buy nothing else if they could do that) and I've come to really enjoy that backing, it's a lot closer to the Pampers style backing and I think it does show why those brands made that switch. It's superior. But most adult diapers just failed completely to replicate it until recently, and I think a lot of diaper users just have a bad taste in their mouths from that.

MarcusP said:
OP here again. I just recieved and tested 24\7 and northshore mediums. The 24\7 fit much better, and just felt more secure with the waistband and higher rise. Also, the 24\7 held 5.3 lbs of pee vs 3.1 lbs for the northshore. Also, I woke up this morning with a totally saturated northshore, and a wet bed. The 24\7 holds throughout the night. So I guess that is my answer. I ruled out betterdry because it is too new and dont know how long it will be around.

Two days ago I went to bed in a mostly dry 24/7. I woke up to a fully saturated diaper, and my bed pad was saturated as well. The pad had also leaked onto my bed all the way up to my shoulder. I have a mattress protector though, so it was just a matter of laundry (and a shower). I have also just started to switch over to betterdry too. These things have yet to leak on me even a little. Absolutely amazing. Most likely they have grown in popularity and they weren't able to account for the increased demand. Doubt they are going away anytime soon, just have yet to ramp up stocks to meet the increased demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back