5. Little
  6. Carer
  7. Other
What's the best butt cream out there?

~Rob

RainbowDash728 said:

~Rob

There's going to be a lot of differing opinions on this I'm guessing, so here's mine.

Been using Desitin "Maximum Strength" Original Paste for a good while now.
It's had, and continues to have, a decent record with me so far. Keeps the rashes at bay most of the time, good enough for me :p

Sure there's better stuff out there, like the mystical "Triple Cream"(not paste) if you can get it.
But I know I can head a block down the road and get a tub or tube of the Desitin/A+D paste if I need at basically every store near me.

IMO
Desitin works good enough for me, might work for you too. If A+D offers something else I'm missing like a different scent or more/less zinc then whatever floats your boat.
It's whatever your preferred brand or scent is and there's plenty out to try. Might want to give the choices you can easily access a try first like A+D or Desitin since they're at basically any store like Walmart, Kmart, Walgreen's, Etc.

I use Bordeaux butt paste, works great, can get a lots of places too...

RainbowDash728 said:

~Rob

That would be a prescription for Triple Diaper Cream. Not to be confused with the over the counter triple cream, this stuff works awesome. Way better than any over the counter stuff.

But if you can't get that for any reason, skip any of the various ointments. These work based on providing a barrier so your skin won't get worse, but do very little to heal existing damage. You will want to get
an actual cream that will absorb into your skin to heal it.

A good one is Desitin Creamy (not the original Desitin, which is an ointment). Big difference.

Bigbabybret said:

Me too. Make sure to get the ORIGINAL versus the "all natural" variety. It doesn't stink to high heaven like Desitin or A&D.

I've tried a good deal many, I used Desitin for a while, and Boudreaux's butt paste for a while, but Aquaphor has overtaken them all and is part of my daily diapering routine. My rash issues have decreased considerably since I started using it.

Are any of them less messy or easier to get off your hands than Desitin?

We used aquafor with our kids and it seems to do the best job of clearing any kind of rash. Best part is that it doesn't stink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NovaDL said:
Are any of them less messy or easier to get off your hands than Desitin?
We use Butt Paste on our kid & it works well & cleans off your hands easily I think.

I used Desitin when i get a rash.

Jonnythepony said:
There's going to be a lot of differing opinions on this I'm guessing, so here's mine.

Been using Desitin "Maximum Strength" Original Paste for a good while now.
It's had, and continues to have, a decent record with me so far. Keeps the rashes at bay most of the time, good enough for me [emoji14]

Sure there's better stuff out there, like the mystical "Triple Cream"(not paste) if you can get it.
But I know I can head a block down the road and get a tub or tube of the Desitin/A+D paste if I need at basically every store near me.

IMO
Desitin works good enough for me, might work for you too. If A+D offers something else I'm missing like a different scent or more/less zinc then whatever floats your boat.
It's whatever your preferred brand or scent is and there's plenty out to try. Might want to give the choices you can easily access a try first like A+D or Desitin since they're at basically any store like Walmart, Kmart, Walgreen's, Etc.
Thank you for the help! [emoji4]

~Rob

Bigbabybret said:
I don't know that one I'll have to look it up! [emoji6]

~Rob

Slomo said:
That would be a prescription for Triple Diaper Cream. Not to be confused with the over the counter triple cream, this stuff works awesome. Way better than any over the counter stuff.

But if you can't get that for any reason, skip any of the various ointments. These work based on providing a barrier so your skin won't get worse, but do very little to heal existing damage. You will want to get
an actual cream that will absorb into your skin to heal it.

A good one is Desitin Creamy (not the original Desitin, which is an ointment). Big difference.
Do you need a prescription from a Doc or no?

~Rob

willnotwill said:
Me too. Make sure to get the ORIGINAL versus the "all natural" variety. It doesn't stink to high heaven like Desitin or A&D.
Really!? [emoji50]

~Rob

Mauxx said:
I've tried a good deal many, I used Desitin for a while, and Boudreaux's butt paste for a while, but Aquaphor has overtaken them all and is part of my daily diapering routine. My rash issues have decreased considerably since I started using it.
It's that good? [emoji54]

~Rob

cm90210 said:
We used aquafor with our kids and it seems to do the best job of clearing any kind of rash. Best part is that it doesn't stink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ooo that sound soo good.

~Rob

RainbowDash728 said:
Do you need a prescription from a Doc or no?

~Rob

Yes, for the triple diaper cream. And it's worth it too. This stuff has actual medication and a skin steroid in it that makes it work WAY better than anything you can get over the counter. Comparing Desitin to triple diaper cream is like comparing asperin to vicodin for pain management. Its in a whole different league.

It also washes off real easy with plain soap and water too.

I never liked cream, special baby powder and special wipes are what i use. But if I had to choose one it would be desitin, that's what wife wanted for the girls and no rashes, and if for some reason you can't change right away and do get a rash, desitin clears it right up

I use sudocrem, it works wonders and also deals with the occasional itching on the scrothum which at least for me happens quite frequently

Sendt fra min BTV-W09 med Tapatalk

I use pinxav. Pronounced "pink-salve". You have to ask for it at the pharmacy but you don't need a script for it. Doesn't stink and wipes off easily. I use it daily to keep rashes away. With desitin and alike I still get rashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back