Thick padding, more bulk

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaisyDoo

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi - could anyone recommend a diaper with super thick padding please? I'm looking for the kind that would make a real big round shape underneath plastic pants, although I guess cloth are best for bulk and thickness?
Thanks guys!

ABU Space is very good in the disposable category. In cloth, I can't really help you there.

Double or triple up the diapers and you will automatically increase the bulk.
Cloth diapers are best for uniformly building the all around shape.
Start with small and gradually step up the sizes to achieve this effect.
I think you are trying to replicate the Michelin Man in rotundress.
Disposable diapers tend to be just loin cloths with crotch containment and
are not so much a show and tell type diapering like cloth.

It helps to have a slightly bigger plastic diaper cover to fill out especially
with ruffled butt trim.

Wearing clothing over the bulky diapers would be defeating to the extent
that of hiding the bulk i.e. pants compressing that bulk whereas with a skirt
or dress would emphasize the Michelin Man rounded shape better.

DaisyDoo said:
Hi - could anyone recommend a diaper with super thick padding please? I'm looking for the kind that would make a real big round shape underneath plastic pants, although I guess cloth are best for bulk and thickness?
Thanks guys!
They aren't cheap but the rearz safari are pretty thick

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The thickest disposable out there is Betterdry/Crinklz. They start out moderately thick, and swell up huge when wet.

bambino magnifico is very bulky on :)

Wear a cloth one and put a disposable one over it.

True! Bambino diapers are pretty thick too

- - - Updated - - -

PhoenixGirl said:
bambino magnifico is very bulky on :)

yup, and i think they're cheaper than the ABU site?

If we have similar tastes, the best looking "thick diapers" are actually a few layered diapers with stuffers/boosters underneath. I think they tend to round out the padding a bit for that nice puffy shape :)

My favorite is ABU Little Pawz. Rearz safari is good too. Both will swell enormously when wet and have huge capacity.

There used to be a person that sold up to 26 layer cloth diapers. Shame he got out of the business :/

FeliDaKitten said:
There used to be a person that sold up to 26 layer cloth diapers. Shame he got out of the business :/
They were actually poorly made. The person didn't sew all the layers in to the diaper and would cause shifting that pretty much ruined the diaper when washing/drying. This comically huge diaper is comically hard to clean. Because of the sheer thickness, most layers don't get cleaned very well at all. While the idea of a futon between your legs is attractive to some of us.

There's easily other alternative methods out there for this. That are far better than the diaper and AIO cloth diapers that are mostly gimmick.

This multitude of layers is consisting of...
1 adult cloth diaper
12 Gerber Prefolds
2 Fuubuu inserts (Their Velcro diapers are terrible)
2 Toddler prefolds (that are way better than Gerber)

While putting it together can take some time, the end result is a fully customizable diaper made as thick as you wish, that's easier to clean and reduce foul odors.

Yes you will waddle worse than a duck!
bc7700050760b58166cf428b66a423c2.jpg
5b6308651e0b807f2334a5876b5dba6f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am a fan of ABU Little Pawz. Will swell enormously when wet. You can double up for thickness. If you are going for my waddle you should consider spreader pants/a waddler onesie.

With that much bulk a common diaper pin ain't gonna do the job !
Will need a strong belt with a crotch piece otherwise the 'hole she-bang is going to fall down !
And even more so when wet loaded - doubt that one would want to do number 2 !

But oh the rhapsody of being contained in an oversized Michlien man diaper waddling strolling in the park !

babylock1 said:
With that much bulk a common diaper pin ain't gonna do the job !
Will need a strong belt with a crotch piece otherwise the 'hole she-bang is going to fall down !
And even more so when wet loaded - doubt that one would want to do number 2 !

But oh the rhapsody of being contained in an oversized Michlien man diaper waddling strolling in the park !

Lol.

I use Snappi and Boingo fasteners to put them on. They work great. Believe it or not they don't sag at all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back