Abena X-plus Platic Back being discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickyKeys

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I received an e-mail on my Rearz newsletter that Abena Denmark has apparently confirmed that they are going to be "winding down" production of the plastic backed versions of the X-Plus. Anyone else heard anything about this?

Yep if you look at save express main page in the news: "Der Hersteller Abena stellt das Produkt Abri X Plus M4 und L4 mit Folie zum 15.Sep. ein-" (translation Abena discontinues the product with plastic backing from 15 september)

Awww, guess I'll have to buy a few packs then to stock up then take my business to another manufacturer. Their loss really. Tena realized this and came out with their all plastic Active fit after seeing sales going down.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

If this news was 4 years earlier than today, I would have been devastated, but since this time some many new brands have entered the market and are much better than what abena is putting out now, so if the company wishes to retract in a market that's hungry, go for it, make unwise business decisions.

I just bought 2 cases got them yesterday. But why do they want to screw up a good thing?

This is a little like Groundhog day. They have threatened to suspend production of the plastic backed M4 for years now. I suspect that it is a strategy to promote sales of that particular brand. I would say, wait and see. It is like pampers4U already said, there are some excellent replacements out there.

Well I guess I will have to go to the Dry 24-7 or DC amor now. shameful that Abena is discontinuing this fine diaper. That is unless Kimberly Clark decides to up their game on the Depend Fitted Brief line I could only hope. or Proctor & Gamble with Attends up their game. Who will fill the void from this dumb decision who only knows.....

They never a good fit anyway and the tapes were rubbish, I don't know if they've changed in the last 5 years but I didn't like them.

bernd11 said:
This is a little like Groundhog day. They have threatened to suspend production of the plastic backed M4 for years now. I suspect that it is a strategy to promote sales of that particular brand. I would say, wait and see. It is like pampers4U already said, there are some excellent replacements out there.

Yeah that too, they even once DID stop for a few months before bringing them back.

Yeah, I feel as though this is the boy crying wolf...but we'll see. Like pampers4U said, if this had been a few years ago it would've been much worse news; if the M4 disappears I'll just move onto the new Tena Slip Maxis (which are great) and Rearz brand diapers.

They tried that before. Gary from Xpmedical got them to keep making medium and large. They said if sales stay strong they will continue. But Gary is no longer at the helm. Maybe the new folks will fight to keep them.

The cloth like ones always got loose for me. I always come back to arena. After trying others. Tykables are my second fave.

Fuck me, I've been searching for an adequate replacement for some time due to fears that this was eventually going to happen. It's too soon though, I have not found a product with the right price-to-function ratio to take their place for me as of yet. I guess I'm going to be redoubling that effort. They've been my go-to diaper for so long now.

Guess another one bites the dust for me. It's almost as devastating as when I walked into Walmart years ago and discovered they'd ruined the Assurance brand diapers, :(

Mauxx said:
Fuck me, I've been searching for an adequate replacement for some time due to fears that this was eventually going to happen. It's too soon though, I have not found a product with the right price-to-function ratio to take their place for me as of yet. I guess I'm going to be redoubling that effort. They've been my go-to diaper for so long now.(

Exactly, I’m getting M4’s delivered for $1.05 apiece. I’m not aware of another diaper with similar capacity that is as reasonably priced. Anyone have a suggestion?

Mauxx said:
Fuck me, I've been searching for an adequate replacement for some time due to fears that this was eventually going to happen. It's too soon though, I have not found a product with the right price-to-function ratio to take their place for me as of yet. I guess I'm going to be redoubling that effort. They've been my go-to diaper for so long now.

Guess another one bites the dust for me. It's almost as devastating as when I walked into Walmart years ago and discovered they'd ruined the Assurance brand diapers, :(

I feel for you.I hate when I find something that works. And it disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back