What Should I tell my parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
babymike1985 said:
Just be honest, your family will love you no matter what, as far as friends go you can either not put a diaper on that night or just open up to them too, that would definitely tell you if they really are your friends though that's for sure. My true friends accepted me even before I had to wear from accident. Honesty is going to be your best bet here.

I believe so too. I initially thought what MarcusP said. it's only a white lie. Which it is and I still think that is a valid and justifiable option. However in my case i think it might be easier to tell them. So far haven't had to explain myself and hopefully won't have to. But I think I can convince them to accept me or at least tolerate it if I have to to.

SweetPrincess said:
...We all need acceptance and I know I am an adult I don't need other people to tell me that...

No we do not. Letting the "tribe" influence our thoughts and behaviors is not the answer. We are intellectually independent self-sufficient beings of free will. Self-acceptance is all that is necessary - even in a societal vacuum.

Kenn said:
No we do not. Letting the "tribe" influence our thoughts and behaviors is not the answer. We are intellectually independent self-sufficient beings of free will. Self-acceptance is all that is necessary - even in a societal vacuum.

No I disagree. Self-acceptance is good to have yes but try living alone for 10 years without talking to a single human, you'd go insane. We need human interaction and more importantly what comes with it; acceptance. Why is it when you go on a date you are thrilled by all the things you have in common? is it because you both find these things acceptable? Maybe even see both of yourselves doing them together? knowing that you have something in common is a type of acceptance as it subconsciously reinforces who you are. Just take a look at this site. If self acceptance is all that is necessary why does this site even exist?
I believe what you call "tribe" acceptance is almost nearly as important as self acceptance of course for some more than others this will vary but generally I feel it is still incredibly important.

Last edited:
Option 1 for sure, I ending up telling my mom this way and she was very accepting.

SweetPrincess said:
No I disagree. Self-acceptance is good to have yes but try living alone for 10 years without talking to a single human, you'd go insane. We need human interaction and more importantly what comes with it; acceptance. Why is it when you go on a date you are thrilled by all the things you have in common? is it because you both find these things acceptable? Maybe even see both of yourselves doing them together? knowing that you have something in common is a type of acceptance as it subconsciously reinforces who you are. Just take a look at this site. If self acceptance is all that is necessary why does this site even exist?
I believe what you call "tribe" acceptance is almost nearly as important as self acceptance of course for some more than others this will vary but generally I feel it is still incredibly important.

I have never identified with any tribe - not even family. I am not a joiner. My wife is all that I have needed for the past 45 years - we have no friends. Growing up I was friends with two individuals in succession (the first one moved out of state). There was nobody after high school until I met my future wife in my junior year in college.

Perhaps this is unusual because my wife and I are unique. You do not know what we are...... yet.

Kenn said:
I have never identified with any tribe - not even family. I am not a joiner. My wife is all that I have needed for the past 45 years - we have no friends. Growing up I was friends with two individuals in succession (the first one moved out of state). There was nobody after high school until I met my future wife in my junior year in college.

Perhaps this is unusual because my wife and I are unique. You do not know what we are...... yet.

I'm the same way, no friends just me and my wife. As introverts we are just like that. The fewer contacts we have, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back