Tykables now taking orders for there new / improved diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pampers4U

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi all, I just received an email saying that tykables company is now taking orders for there new / improved diaper.
They seem very excited, extra absorbency, new soft cloth like tapes with cloth like landing zone, improved larger waistband (both front and back) same great fit with the majority of the diaper being there soft plastic backed material.
What they did not say is that the diapers are instock, they also don't have any pictures of the new product, so I would believe that there not in there distribution warehouses yet either. Perhaps the shipping container has arrived to the mainland and is now waiting to be cleared, or the bulk majority of the diapers are in transit from the shipping yard to there warehouse.
I'm going to hold off on ordering until I see some pictures and know that they are instock and making shipments. I'd hate to order then find out it could be 2,3, or 4 weeks until they are ready to ship.

I don't want any crossing of the streams in my diapers. Plastic backed should be all plastic and clothlike covers should stick with hook and loop tabs and I'll ignore them.

I wish Tykables well with their new product but I don't see myself buying any. I hope they will have other products that aren't any sort of hybrid.

It sounds like another cheap knock off, of the tape landing zone. Once a crappy diaper always a crappy diaper.

pampers4U said:
Hi all, I just received an email saying that tykables company is now taking orders for there new / improved diaper.
(snip)
What they did not say is that the diapers are instock, they also don't have any pictures of the new product, so I would believe that there not in there distribution warehouses yet either.

Oh dear. Tykables is starting to sound like the pre-Casey ABU, back from the grave and selling vaporware again. Apparently the message "DIAPER PREORDERS SUCK ASS!" wasn't loud enough for all to hear. If you're going to take money for something that doesn't exist yet, at least man up and call it a crowd-funding campaign...or a bailout...or something. Sheesh.

Trevor said:
I don't want any crossing of the streams in my diapers. Plastic backed should be all plastic and clothlike covers should stick with hook and loop tabs and I'll ignore them.

I wish Tykables well with their new product but I don't see myself buying any. I hope they will have other products that aren't any sort of hybrid.

Yeah. I feel similarly. I do like the Bambino Magnifico, but would prefer an all-cloth design. I suppose I should be encouraged, though. These annoying, neither-here-nor-there "hybrid" designs are an acknowledgement by the diaper companies that cloth-preferring ABDLs do exist, albeit not in numbers that would justify a wholehearted embrace. We'll get there. :)

Cottontail said:
Oh dear. Tykables is starting to sound like the pre-Casey ABU, back from the grave and selling vaporware again. Apparently the message "DIAPER PREORDERS SUCK ASS!" wasn't loud enough for all to hear. If you're going to take money for something that doesn't exist yet, at least man up and call it a crowd-funding campaign...or a bailout...or something. Sheesh.

Yeah. I feel similarly. I do like the Bambino Magnifico, but would prefer an all-cloth design. I suppose I should be encouraged, though. These annoying, neither-here-nor-there "hybrid" designs are an acknowledgement by the diaper companies that cloth-preferring ABDLs do exist, albeit not in numbers that would justify a wholehearted embrace. We'll get there. :)

I'm surprised that the numbers aren't there. I thought cloth-backed Cushies sold well. Maybe not.

I like the design and, at least for myself, don't have a strong cloth-backed vs. plastic-backed opinion. I'd like to at least see actual pictures of the diapers though, not just the design. The actual, physical product, in a bag or on a display, or spread out so we can see the cut, or on a model. Right now it's just a drawing. If they do actually exist, I might try them though. Variety is the spice of life after all.

Back in year 2000 pampers made the switch from a all plastic diaper to a hybrid of cloth and plastic, the main body was cloth with the top landing strip and wings were plastic, I use to fit in baby diapers back then and absolutely thought those were the most comfortable diapers I ever tried on.
Now this is opposite, but I'm not discounting them until I try them.

They priced them to much for me. Sorry im not paying close to 2.00 a diaper.

Trevor said:
I'm surprised that the numbers aren't there. I thought cloth-backed Cushies sold well. Maybe not.

I kind of thought so as well, but if I work backwards from the products being offered right now, I have to wonder. I think we're in that transitory state where the road ahead is obvious but the manufacturers are still sort of in denial.

Cottontail said:
I kind of thought so as well, but if I work backwards from the products being offered right now, I have to wonder. I think we're in that transitory state where the road ahead is obvious but the manufacturers are still sort of in denial.

As it was presented, they wanted to do a V2 of Clothbacked Cushies but something didn't work out right. I presumed this led to Preschools, which while nice don't seem to scratch the itch in quite the right way for some I know.

After spending sometime on this forum and reading their are only a few factories/machines probably producing the majority of ABDL Diapers I do wonder if these will be Magnificos with Snuggies art?

Argent said:
After spending sometime on this forum and reading their are only a few factories/machines probably producing the majority of ABDL Diapers I do wonder if these will be Magnificos with Snuggies art?

I don't think so, the way that they describe the tapes doesn't sound like magnificos

pampers4U said:
I don't think so, the way that they describe the tapes doesn't sound like magnificos

I wonder about the tapes though... 3M makes almost 100% of the adhesive diaper tapes on the market right now. "Hook and loop fastener" was developed by NASA, but is best known by the trademark Velcro. But that would fit well into their product line.

Most of the diaper tapes I see are the single-use ones (in varying widths, but length is consistent, leading me to believe it's all the same line from 3M) or the double-use tapes, all identical in size and look, which again screams "3M".

The thing with the Magnificos is I haven't seen those tapes anywhere else before. The tape and the landing pad material seems identical to some cloth-baked baby diapers I've seen recently, leading me again to believe it's the same product that's been retooled a bit. Since this may be a magnifico exclusive, it might have bene made-to-order for bambino. If that's the case, the manufacturer may not be allowed to use it on their other customer's products. But we might see something with the same function.

Whatever the case, I think the magnifico tapes are much better in design, performance, and feel, than the ones used by ABU. Sorry guys, they've got you beat. The tabs are rounded, no wrist-poking corners, there's a small guard border on them even, and they're soft-backed. The tape panel seems more supple too but that may be my imagination. The stretch of the side panels works surprisingly well without seeming too "artificial". I've tried the ABU velcro diapers, and they really can't compete with the magnifico on any front besides cost.

Cottontail said:

The diapers do exist... As we put in our newsletter and blog post we just finished the final production run and are waiting for the diapers to arrive. We have a small quantity being shipped Air freight right now to us and we will be doing a proper photo and product photo shoot of the final production product once they arrive next week. The Ocean Freight just takes longer to arrive to Chicago.

I'd probably give it a shot, I enjoyed the Bambino hybrid diapers, it's just the insane price point that keeps me from getting them regularly. If Tykables has something similar at a price point closer to $1.67/diaper then I'd be very interested.

Hey Todd, thanks for the heads up on the arrival date. But yeah, about that earlier email I sent, it just felt a bit off because the in store price of Overnights jumped from $25 to $35; whereas John-Michael had previously told me the reason for the higher online price was for shipping and handling. Still am going to buy Tykables, but a bit less frequent.

todaler said:
The diapers do exist... As we put in our newsletter and blog post we just finished the final production run and are waiting for the diapers to arrive. We have a small quantity being shipped Air freight right now to us and we will be doing a proper photo and product photo shoot of the final production product once they arrive next week. The Ocean Freight just takes longer to arrive to Chicago.

How's the schedule looking? I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures before placing a order.

silentdreamer1996 said:
But yeah, about that earlier email I sent, it just felt a bit off because the in store price of Overnights jumped from $25 to $35

The instore price is the same as online, but it includes the local and state sales tax; plus the shipping to get it to the store. The product still has to be shipped, even if it is to the store and not to your house.

- - - Updated - - -

SO far so good. We will have some at Folsom and the container is set to arrive in the states the first week of October and probably get to Chicago the second week. New product photos should be up by the end of next week if not sooner.

todaler said:
The instore price is the same as online, but it includes the local and state sales tax; plus the shipping to get it to the store. The product still has to be shipped, even if it is to the store and not to your house.

- - - Updated - - -

SO far so good. We will have some at Folsom and the container is set to arrive in the states the first week of October and probably get to Chicago the second week. New product photos should be up by the end of next week if not sooner.

I'm pretty hype about this. When the Size 3 gets in I want to order some, ^__^

Mauxx said:
I'm pretty hype about this. When the Size 3 gets in I want to order some, ^__^

Same here. If I have enough money that is. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back