Ever heard of EGOSAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayeyeplease

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I saw an ad on craigslist for 1/2 a case of egosan breifs for $30. I've never heard of them tho so don't know if it's worth it.

I never heard of them so I looked at Amazon. Looks like they're about $2 each for pull ups but look like they are a good product.

Scaramouche said:
I never heard of them so I looked at Amazon. Looks like they're about $2 each for pull ups but look like they are a good product.

Crap that's expensive. Not even the most absorbent diaper ever (betterdry) costs that much. And pulkups are known for not absorbing much of anything.

Slomo said:
Crap that's expensive. Not even the most absorbent diaper ever (betterdry) costs that much. And pulkups are known for not absorbing much of anything.

ComfyCare.net is out of large BetterDry....or close to out...no longer selling by the case. Best you can get in large is 30 for $69= 2.3 each.

I am highly skeptical of Comfycare ever getting more once their stock is fully depleted.

The cheapest I can find them elsewhere is Rearz, with shipping still almost $2 each. We really really need Northshore to work out a deal to become a US distributor.

MassIncon said:
ComfyCare.net is out of large BetterDry....or close to out...no longer selling by the case. Best you can get in large is 30 for $69= 2.3 each.

I am highly skeptical of Comfycare ever getting more once their stock is fully depleted.

I thought betterdry was a popular and good-selling product? Why would they be discontinuing it?

That sound like another case of "just on time shipping". As a customer I have to say I REALLY hate this business model.

Egosan appears to be an Italian company (Santex). Don't see any US outlets.

Bought a pack of the briefs a few months ago for the gf seeing she can't stand plastic backing And they seem to work well I haven't tried them personally the Velcro is very strong and they seem to hold quite a bit it's a high quality cloth backed medical grade diaper

The manufacturer of Egosan also has a product called Flufsan, which is a AiO diaper, pretty decent product.

I think for BetterDry to succeed in the long term, it must find a place in the nursing home/home care market. Which should be pretty easy given the price/performance ratio of the product. But you do have to make an effort. Pushing it only on a target site like comfycare.net won't work. They need a separate business site that is strictly incontinence oriented. But until that happens, it will be a fragile product with a limited life. Comfycare has limited options, unlike, say Bambino which sells it's diapers in other outlets. Saveexpress sells their product along with Rearz and all the other niche brands. Clearly, these expanded markets are necessary for success. But CC is just a distributor, so they have to work expansion in a different way. And that would be Nursing homes and home care. That's my 2 cents.

ArchtopK said:
I think for BetterDry to succeed in the long term, it must find a place in the nursing home/home care market. Which should be pretty easy given the price/performance ratio of the product. But you do have to make an effort. Pushing it only on a target site like comfycare.net won't work. They need a separate business site that is strictly incontinence oriented. But until that happens, it will be a fragile product with a limited life. Comfycare has limited options, unlike, say Bambino which sells it's diapers in other outlets. Saveexpress sells their product along with Rearz and all the other niche brands. Clearly, these expanded markets are necessary for success. But CC is just a distributor, so they have to work expansion in a different way. And that would be Nursing homes and home care. That's my 2 cents.

Confidry, Northshore, and a slew of other successful diapers are only sold online. Sometimes only one one or two web sites.

How many outlets a product has doesn't necessarily mean they will be successful or not. Having a good and reliable product sold at a good price does. And betterdry has that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back