Cheapest plastic backed diaper for wearing every night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMissPink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Hey everyone,
I have decided I want to try to wear a diaper to bed every night or at least most nights. I was wondering which diaper that is plastic backed would be the best in terms quality and cost. I don't have a huge bladder so I doubt not having the most absorbent would be a problem. However I have tried diapers like the tena slip that have Velcro tabs and when I wake up the tabs have slid off sometimes entirely off the diaper. The depends tabs worked better than the tena at staying on though I would still rather not buy depend as they are well depend and cloth backed which I prefer plastic. I live in Australia too but any opinions form outside Australia would be helpful too.

SweetPrincess said:
Hey everyone,
I have decided I want to try to wear a diaper to bed every night or at least most nights. I was wondering which diaper that is plastic backed would be the best in terms quality and cost. I don't have a huge bladder so I doubt not having the most absorbent would be a problem. However I have tried diapers like the tena slip that have Velcro tabs and when I wake up the tabs have slid off sometimes entirely off the diaper. The depends tabs worked better than the tena at staying on though I would still rather not buy depend as they are well depend and cloth backed which I prefer plastic. I live in Australia too but any opinions form outside Australia would be helpful too.

Northshore here in the states sells their own brand which is reasonably priced. They have free samples, or at least I was offered some. I took a look at their website and it doesn't look like they ship to Australia but you can chat with them online and see. Maybe if you go through Amazon like I did they will ship there.

Tranquility ATN
Confidry 24/7
ABU Simple or Space or Preschool
Bambino Diapers
Northshore

these are your best choices

SweetPrincess said:
The depends tabs worked better than the tena at staying on though I would still rather not buy depend as they are well depend and cloth backed which I prefer plastic.

I do not know if they have made their way to Australia yet, but Depend has recently changed back again from cloth to the plastic backed.

LittleICme said:
Tranquility ATN
Confidry 24/7
Bambino Diapers
Northshore

Thanks good range there unfortunately the shipping is crazy expensive when searching on ebay lol A shame you can't get them in Australia with the exception of ABU of course but they aren't really an economy diaper.

MandyBear said:
I do not know if they have made their way to Australia yet, but Depend has recently changed back again from cloth to the plastic backed.

I have no idea either all I know is that these https://www.amcal.com.au/depend-briefs-for-men---women-medium---10-pack-p-9310088005257?cm_mmc were cloth backed when I tried them.

Last edited:
I don't think this will help you in Australia, but a cheap plastic back diaper in the states is xp medicals A+ level 4

pampers4U said:
I don't think this will help you in Australia, but a cheap plastic back diaper in the states is xp medicals A+ level 4

A+ also come in level 3 which is quite a bit cheaper than 4. (the 4's have gone up quite a bit in price since they were first introduced) Bear in mind the A+ have no front or rear elastic, and NO leak guards. They do wick and absorb well however, and have a silky soft shell that (except for blue microdot labeling) is all-white. The one-chance tapes are VERY impossible to move.

SaveExpress carries MyDiaper in all-white. Those are similar to (regular, not overnight) Tykables in fit and thickness.

and wow... they carry quite a selection now I see. Even bambino magnifico?
https://www.saveexpress.de/de/inkontinenz-einweg?p=1

Last I checked, the cheapest way to order mydiaper is direct from saveexpress germany.

bambinod said:
A+ also come in level 3 which is quite a bit cheaper than 4. (the 4's have gone up quite a bit in price since they were first introduced) Bear in mind the A+ have no front or rear elastic, and NO leak guards. They do wick and absorb well however, and have a silky soft shell that (except for blue microdot labeling) is all-white. The one-chance tapes are VERY impossible to move.

SaveExpress carries MyDiaper in all-white. Those are similar to (regular, not overnight) Tykables in fit and thickness.

and wow... they carry quite a selection now I see. Even bambino magnifico?
https://www.saveexpress.de/de/inkontinenz-einweg?p=1

Last I checked, the cheapest way to order mydiaper is direct from saveexpress germany.

Apparently in Germany I am Australien haha However I will admit they are the cheapest I have seen but the shipping price is 55 Euros for 3 packs of the white version of my diaper! that's more than the actual product. But hey good to know if I move to Germany. I've just been browsing Independence Australia site it's hard to find plastic backed diapers but I did find molicare super plastic back and Vlesi. So I am going to try them for now but still interested in others opinions too :)

LittleICme said:
Tranquility ATN
Confidry 24/7
Bambino Diapers
Northshore

The Comfidry, ABU, and Bambinos can be spendy though. I have heard great things about them and I'd like to try some of those but they may not be in the price range you're hunting for. The Tranquility ATN are reasonably priced though and perhaps Northshore as well, but I'd have to look at more of Northshore's selections.

Littles Down Under(or Down Under Care if you don't want ABDL nappies), Independence Australia.

Are our comments really meeting your need? You say you want a lower absorbency cheaper diaper in Australia, and we are offering you high absorbency ones from america. My best opinion if it's cheap you want and not necessarily absorbency is to look for medical supply website in australia that have like hospital brands that are poly or plastic.

GuybrushT said:
Are our comments really meeting your need? You say you want a lower absorbency cheaper diaper in Australia, and we are offering you high absorbency ones from america. My best opinion if it's cheap you want and not necessarily absorbency is to look for medical supply website in australia that have like hospital brands that are poly or plastic.

I was thinking the same thing. In the US, I'd have decent suggestions for low-end diapers but I have no idea of what's available or different down under. Ask ABDLs about diapers and it's hard not to get high capacity answers. Here, Depends Protection with Tabs have reverted to plastic backed, which sounds like it would make the OP happy but I don't know if that's going to happen anywhere other than here.

PaddedDeist said:
The Comfidry, ABU, and Bambinos can be spendy though. I have heard great things about them and I'd like to try some of those but they may not be in the price range you're hunting for. The Tranquility ATN are reasonably priced though and perhaps Northshore as well, but I'd have to look at more of Northshore's selections.

The NorthShore Supreme Lite is the less expensive option of our plastic-backed briefs and a lot less bulky than the Supremes. Unfortunately, we don't have a distributor in Australia yet.

GuybrushT said:
You are right. While I appreciate it all I am looking for something that doesn't have to be as absorbant but plasticed backed and a little cheaper than premium diapers like abu or bambino.
My independence australia order will now come in two parcels as one the molicares has been put on back order. They should of let me know before I bought as I just wouldn't have bought. It could be weeks before I get it.
However I did find the white plastic backed betterdry on littles down under for 128 for 60 diapers so that seems alright and something that is in my range. Comes with free shipping too.

LittleICme said:
Tranquility ATN

Definitely the best for what you're asking for,, and super cheap! About $0.70/diaper.

PullupAndy said:
Definitely the best for what you're asking for,, and super cheap! About $0.70/diaper.
I don't think we can get Tranquility ATNs in Australia, I've been wanting to try/find a pack for ages.

Normally independence Australia are very fast at there orders. I'm in SA regional and 2 days delivery. Moli superplus are ok there quite good with boosters I use Lille classic maxi booster from independence. Vlesi aren't great but everyone is different. The best economy plastic back I have ever used are the wellness superio from littles downunder but they don't stock them anymore sadly. The tykables price wise are reasonable but last time I checked there not available so I'm yet to try. Lately I'm just using abu both littlepaws and lavender both awesome and price isn't terrible if buying buy case. We are lucky in Aus lately to have such a great choice in nappies, not many years ago the choices were dismal. I also used to love the tena Slip maxi even though they were cloth but the new version are crap sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PullupAndy said:

that avatar looks suspiciously like a WishBoard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back