• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hello everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollerCoastin

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My name is Nick. I am currently between jobs but I love to play music, especially in marching bands, wherever I can. But I also love astronomy, specifically deep sky astronomy! I aspire to be a roller coaster engineer and I'm working hard at it!

I joined because I am a budding DL but I'm very insecure about it and I wanted some advice and to join a support group to help me accept who I am. I look forward to meeting new friends! Let me know if you ever want to chat! =D

RollerCoastin said:
My name is Nick. I am currently between jobs but I love to play music, especially in marching bands, wherever I can. But I also love astronomy, specifically deep sky astronomy! I aspire to be a roller coaster engineer and I'm working hard at it!

I joined because I am a budding DL but I'm very insecure about it and I wanted some advice and to join a support group to help me accept who I am. I look forward to meeting new friends! Let me know if you ever want to chat! =D

Hi Nick! Welcome! I like roller coasters, too. I've only done Six Flags so far. And Disneyland. What ones have you done? I know Disney has Imagineers to design their rides. Is that what you want to do? Mechanical Engineering?

What parts of being a DL are you unsure about? Just wear and go is what most people here say.

I was raised in New England so I've been to Canobie Lake Park and Six Flags New England lots of times! My favorite has always been Canobie, even though I grew up in VT XD. I've also been to Disney World and Seaworld a couple of times! Yes, Mechanical Engineering is my passion.

As far as being a DL, first you need to understand that, in a lot of cases, parents were very hard on their kid. That wasn't the case. I've always been extremely hard on myself to the point where it could be considered oppression! I'm gentler on myself nowadays but being a DL is something about myself I'm struggling to accept. I discovered being a DL about five years ago and I've been struggling ever since. Generally I fight the urge to wear extremely hard and whenever I do wear, I usually call myself a freak. And I end up telling myself very negative things like no one could ever love me because I'm a DL. I'm just looking for some advice on how people came to terms with being a DL.

Right now I'm trying to tell myself I am who I am and that I can't change that but I'm still struggling a bit and want some advice/support.

Sorry if I was repetitive XD, I do that a lot. But on a brighter note, I am looking into Imagineering, I think it might be really fun! I'm also absolutely dying to get out to Magic Mountain, I REALLY want to do some of the rides they got over there! I know we (New England) stole Deja Vu from MM but I'm more interested in rides like X2 and Tatsu! =D

Sorry, I din't reply with a quote, I'm new...

No need to respond with quotes. Usually used for responding to intros and long threads where you're responding to someone further up the chain.

I rode katsu and X2. :) I haven't really been east of Colorado. I did go to Disney World once where I rode Space Mountain for the first time.

Coming to grips with being a DL or AB is a common problem here. That and keeping it a secret from parents and spouses. I started out as just trying a baby diaper that didn't even fit and then eventually stumbled here where I found out I was far from alone. I left for a year because, like you, I was down on myself and was afraid of what would happen if I got caught by my wife or friends. Now I am wearing openly because I just had surgery and leakage is a 24/7 problem. Hopefully, it will go away. Believe it or not I do hope that.

So I'm sure others will chime in on how they came to accept themselves. I hope you have been looking at all the threads especially in the DL area. LOTS of information and individual testimonies. We are a support group and will help you in your acceptance in any way we can!

Welcome to the club! This April I was tired of feeling funny and weird about my ABDL side and I had to admit the AB part was real. That was hard to accept but I was so tired of these negative feelings (I'm a self harmer so I know all too well about those demons) and constant fear of people finding out. My wife has always been cool with it although non-participating. My huge worry throughout life was of my older sister finding out and running it through our little family rumor mill. My main fears are of rejection and abandonment, which makes living as an ABDL risky but ignoring and suppressing these feelings is far more detrimental to me and I've spent far too many years killing myself over this harmless thing. I should have been placing my shame on the self harm but I was putting it on poor Tommycombs instead.
What's helped me is thinking about one of the only people that actually built me up and made me feel like I had value. That was a teacher I had in high school that was so accepting of everybody. She died in 2011 and it hurt bad. I know she would accept me and this part of me and that I had to be more like her. No shame, no guilt. Repeat that to yourself. All the time. I do.
Now about labeling yourself a freak? I do that too. Freak is one of my favorite personal insults so I've been working on accepting that society would find me freakish and move on. Who cares? So I'm weird. I can't help it and I'll always be weird so it's time to stop being so sensitive about it and try to see it as a funky, positive thing. To hell with what the normies might think. What do they know?

Tommycombs said:
Welcome to the club! This April I was tired of feeling funny and weird about my ABDL side and I had to admit the AB part was real. That was hard to accept but I was so tired of these negative feelings (I'm a self harmer so I know all too well about those demons) and constant fear of people finding out. My wife has always been cool with it although non-participating. My huge worry throughout life was of my older sister finding out and running it through our little family rumor mill. My main fears are of rejection and abandonment, which makes living as an ABDL risky but ignoring and suppressing these feelings is far more detrimental to me and I've spent far too many years killing myself over this harmless thing. I should have been placing my shame on the self harm but I was putting it on poor Tommycombs instead.
What's helped me is thinking about one of the only people that actually built me up and made me feel like I had value. That was a teacher I had in high school that was so accepting of everybody. She died in 2011 and it hurt bad. I know she would accept me and this part of me and that I had to be more like her. No shame, no guilt. Repeat that to yourself. All the time. I do.
Now about labeling yourself a freak? I do that too. Freak is one of my favorite personal insults so I've been working on accepting that society would find me freakish and move on. Who cares? So I'm weird. I can't help it and I'll always be weird so it's time to stop being so sensitive about it and try to see it as a funky, positive thing. To hell with what the normies might think. What do they know?

Thanks so much! I've already been feeling a little better after being on the site and joining the community! I know I'm weird, all my friends tell me I am and yeah, I don't mind. We're all weird, but that's what makes us individual and unique!

Welcome to the site i hope you have fun talking with everyone. Also i hope one day ill be riding on a rollersoaster that you have designed. Best wishes to your future endeavors.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

As a HUGE fan of roller coasters, I am so lucky to meet someone who will someday design them. My Fav park is Cedar Point in Ohio. My one request to you, Mag Launch! I want to see Mag launch used on all the big rides. Such a thrill to be thrown back in your seat as you are launched up a hill - usually the most boring part of the ride with chain systems.

Anyway, welcome, welcome (see I repeat myself too). It takes some people a long time to accept diapers as a normal part of who they are. When you see all the harmful/destructive habits some people have, diapers don't seem so bad. It's ironic that those harmful/destructive habits are often more socially acceptable than something as innocent and cute as diapers, but c'est la vie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you so much!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much! I've already been feeling better since I joined. You must be psyched for Steel Vengeance! I'm still in the New England area so I'm hoping to get out to Cedar point next year!

As for Mag launch. Do you mean like using magnets to launch you or like a mag lev. Launch like the trains over in Japan. I've designed some crazy stuff in my time but I've never done that! If you mean just using magnets look up Linear Induction motor (LIM) coasters, it's quite popular! You just see the heavy duty hydraulic systems on rides like Top Thrill Dragster and Kingda Ka because that system is better for super high power launches at incredible rates. Ex: Top Thrill Dragsters hydraulics system can catapult a 20 ton train filled with people up 420 feet at 120mph in only 4 seconds! Kingda Ka can do relatively the same. 20 ton train filled with people up 456 ft. at 128mph on only 3.5 seconds!

I'm a total roller coaster geek =D

I mean LIM coasters like the Dragster at Cedar Point. I have seen a couple other coasters that use it, but yeah, 128 mph in 3.5 sec, that's what I'm talking about!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back