Adult Diapers with a Cooling Sensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWolfEmperor

Contributor
Are there any out there that have the same cooling sensation as the kids training pants?

It's a chemical that reacts to moisture and I know they use it to condition children to know when it's time to go potty. But I replicated the feeling with medicated powder once and if they made an adult diaper like this, I'd buy stock.

Reactions: Canadianfalls
None that I know of.

My opinion is that adult diapers are for those who can no longer control their bodily functions and may not even have the mental capacity to know when the urge arises or when the wetting or messing already happened. I have been in a couple of mental health facilities (visiting) and the residents have no idea what is happening to themselves or around them. Having looked around recently for adult diapers and pullups, I have seen no mention of such a substance. All I can suggest is contacting places like Bambino and see if they know of any additives like a powder to add before putting a diaper on.

Could use the anti Ben-Gay instead of heat it has a cooling effect. or really out there in left field Dry Ice ? LOL or they could make a plastic pocket on the outside of the first layer of plastic and invent a flexible ice pack that you could slip in there with a chemical compound that stays cold for 16 hours before it looses iits effectiveness. just rambling thoughts from the nose bleed section.

xpluswearer said:
Could use the anti Ben-Gay instead of heat it has a cooling effect. or really out there in left field Dry Ice ? LOL or they could make a plastic pocket on the outside of the first layer of plastic and invent a flexible ice pack that you could slip in there with a chemical compound that stays cold for 16 hours before it looses iits effectiveness. just rambling thoughts from the nose bleed section.

Gold bond powder has that effect. Apply enough, and when you wet the powder you will know it.

Slomo said:
Gold bond powder has that effect. Apply enough, and when you wet the powder you will know it.

Are you being serious or funny? I have used Gold Bond medicated and even when dry can cause a stinging sensation.

Scaramouche said:
Are you being serious or funny? I have used Gold Bond medicated and even when dry can cause a stinging sensation.

I would think Erythritol would avoid any stinging sensation
It's a sweetener that is endothermic when dissolved in water (Has a cooling effect).

Bought some in 2014 and completely forgot to try adding it to a diaper. From what I tasted it definitely got colder.

Think it was this thread that prompted me to research it. Someone suggested Xylitol that this article clams it has the strongest effect but I've not tried it to be able to vouch for it.

You can buy both from Amazon.

Scaramouche said:

Serious. And sting??? Nah, just a tingle when you use it. The same tingling and cold feeling you get when you wet it too.

If it stung everyone when they use it then nobody would buy it. You must have some seriously sensitive skin.

Reactions: Canadianfalls
I'm not too sure about dumping some of the things listed in a diaper but something to safely cool off the diaper area would be really nice.

What's funny is that I tried writing to a diaper manufacturer to see how much it would cost to have a diaper like that made.

No reply, though.

While it's not disposable diapers, have you tried snap-ez.com? Their AIOs are just a larger size of their toddler training pants, with their adult sizes lined with microfiber instead of a "feel wet" cotton velour. Because these are made to order you can request them to be made with the cotton instead. I haven't tried them out but mine will be shipped later this week. :smile:

I sort of picture some sort of diaper cover with cooling tubes of circulating liquid. But the whole thing would likely be too bulky and eat batteries like candy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back