Why am I still constipated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the alfalfa capsules with copper as an added source of fiber. I think taking one each meal or every other meal if that works well enough. It is great fiber and great for dugestion. The Kix, frosted mini wheats and the raisin bran cereals are the best boxed cereals I've seen. The fiber is high compared to the carbs. I go by the percentage instead of the grams since a body requires a lot more carbs than fiber anyway. I had to eat tons of extra fiber until I added extra water to my diet now mu fiber is ok but I'm used to eatimg healthy so don't have to think about it.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

I heard of those alfalfa capsules, I have been using them few years ago when I had problems with my digestive system and had to keep my diet on point. They are very good sources of fiber indeed, so if anyone wants feel free to try them. Also what I have found to not feel constipated or fight this is balancing your diet well, actually eating a lot of junk food may be helpful in this situation due to that they pretty much always make your stool "loose", probably because of how "bad" they really are and your body is throwing them away ASAP.

Today I've had cheerios for breakfast, for lunch I made myself a sandwich with chicken and salad with seeded whole meal bread, for afternoon snack I had a apple and later I grazed on a few sweets (candy), for dinner I had a Chinese meal (chicken and sweet corn soup with egg), (curry spring roll), (salt and pepper ribs) and for Main I had a sweet and sour pork with pineapple and peppers and onions for evening snack I had an orange.

I've had a mix between orange squash and water to drink and with my orange I had milk

Another thing you could try that my mom and grandparents did was put ground up flax seeds in there yogurt, i never developed a taste for them and therefore dont swear by them or pop right up in my head when talking about constipation there are some things in the family that never made it to me like pickled herring and flax seeds just couldnt enjoy them .

Pineapple is very good for you and digestion ,most meat tenderizers are either derivative of pineapples or salt , I actually (am about to start a controversy similar to pineapple on pizza) like cheeseburgers made with sharp cheddar cheese , pineapple,hot chili peppers , and teriyaki sauce on wheat rolls .
Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Angelic said:
I'm not eating too much, I'm 8 stone 4, I'm no means overweight

- - - Updated - - -

I eat what I get put on my plate, my parents make my dinners and buy my cereals

- - - Updated - - -

But yes I should eat more greens but I've tried talking to my parents and they just fall back on their old ways

- - - Updated - - -

Also with cutting carbs I thought you had to eat carbs every meal

- - - Updated - - -

How do I eat vegetables if my parents won't make me vegetables to eat? Do you have any ways around it, I don't really want to explain that I'm constipated to them!

Perhaps buy ready made salads from the supermarket? or fruit with water?

I did buy a ready made salad

Angelic said:
What's cilantro, roughage and zucchini?

Cilantro is coriander; roughage is fibre, and zucchini is courgette. :)

if you aren't hydrated enough fibre can make back up worse... to the point of serious issue that can require medical attention.

I'm seem to be better, I only need to go for 1bowel movement a day buts it's easier to pass and I've been getting my 5 a day most days and been having a bit more protein too

I guess I'm cured now, i do not get stomach cramps as much anymore.

Zucchini is courgette btw.

I hope you get some improvement with the changes you are making.

I think some of us just suffer from this - and while we can improve it a bit with diet, exercise and plenty of water don't beat yourself up if it doesn't improve that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back