Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMissPink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
So the other day I bought some Tena pull up pants from my local pharmacy and when she rings them up at the counter she asks if I have a loyalty card. I reply no and she then asks if they were for me or for someone else. (like seriously why would you ask that!? such an invasion of privacy!) I of course was not going to admit to a bunch of people around me that they were for me and lied. She then pressured on about well did the person who you are buying them for have a loyalty card. And of course I replied no because there is no other person. So leaving that situation I am pretty pissed.
Now coming of of that I then the next day go to a different pharmacy to buy some except in a smaller size as the mediums fit alright but I think small would fit better.
Then again like the other store the cashier asks if I have a loyalty card I reply no and again she pushes and says does the person you're buying them for have a loyalty card. This time I didn't even say they weren't for me they just assumed which is good I guess but that meant I had to lie again and say "no".
Now I get why they push for the card because people who have to buy these would buy them on a regular basis and they want the best for their customers but seriously if I said no I said no! It's none of your business who I am buying them for or for whom they are even for. Just makes me not want to buy in store anymore.

I think that the cashier was asking if they were for someone else was because you can often get points added at a later date if you have your card with you. I use Lady Tena pull-ups all the time btw,,, never seen a small size though, only medium and large. I'm in UK btw.

You're probably right Pete67, and while the cashier meant no wrong, I can easily see how uncomfortable this situation can be for the customer.

The length of the conversation should have been, do you have a loyalty card? Nope... ok then

Yes they track everything you buy....everything. Sometimes it's good, other times creepy. I don't mind getting a $3 off abreva coupon, but to get coupons for enemas and suppositories is weird, let alone for incontinence products.

Then again a free jar of peanut butter, money off mac n cheese and cereal is nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's one thing I noticed while I was in the US for a few months, people would ask me for a loyalty card and then they'd be like do you know if your mom would have one and I'd be like my mum is 3,500 miles away I'm not from the country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not get a loyalty card? I have one for my pharmacy and I get points that eventually leads to money off of a future purchase. I know some don't like being tracked but at least in my case I get very little "specific" e-mails like 10% off ic supplies.

Don't be afraid to lie. No I don't have a card. They are for my sister (little?) and she doesn't have one either.

Pete67 said:
I think that the cashier was asking if they were for someone else was because you can often get points added at a later date if you have your card with you. I use Lady Tena pull-ups all the time btw,,, never seen a small size though, only medium and large. I'm in UK btw.
Yeah that's how it works but I never bothered to sign up to one. Like I said earlier I can understand why they would want to ask as regulars who are incontinent would save money.

diapernh said:
The length of the conversation should have been, do you have a loyalty card? Nope... ok then

Exactly I see no reason to push especially on sensitive issues that really are kind of personal. The fact that they asked me who they are for really annoys me. It's like when I was collecting a parcel from the post office once and the clerk asked what I was buying....oh yeah you know just some adult diapers! Thanks for asking! Like I would ever say that. Some people have no respect for privacy.

Scaramouche said:
Why not get a loyalty card? I have one for my pharmacy and I get points that eventually leads to money off of a future purchase. I know some don't like being tracked but at least in my case I get very little "specific" e-mails like 10% off ic supplies.

Don't be afraid to lie. No I don't have a card. They are for my sister (little?) and she doesn't have one either.

I am thinking I might. Just their sign up process is in store which means I get to go in store to talk to people I really don't want to. Just wondering what kind of questions they ask? Probably just as privacy invading.

I can sympathize with the cashier on some level because they probably get lectures from their supers if their card quota is down.

Still, I've said this to managers at stores where I'm a frequent shopper. The customer would be more loyal if the cashiers would learn to get off the script.

SweetPrincess said:
I am thinking I might. Just their sign up process is in store which means I get to go in store to talk to people I really don't want to. Just wondering what kind of questions they ask? Probably just as privacy invading.

Name, address, phone no., e-mail address, date of birth, etc.

Scaramouche said:
By the way welcome back you have been missed .

And I agree its a invasion of your privacy this comes from my right leaning independent stance. On the Retail worker stance its a way to get money off your purchases and to take advantage of flash sales etc etc.

Scaramouche said:

I've had one now for several years now. I save several pennies a month with mine. Including my Always Discreet pullups.
Btw welcome back

xpluswearer said:
By the way welcome back you have been missed .

And I agree its a invasion of your privacy this comes from my right leaning independent stance. On the Retail worker stance its a way to get money off your purchases and to take advantage of flash sales etc etc.

Thanks. Good to be back amongst friends. Also, in regards to my card, I only get e-mails about weekly specials and coupons for money (%) off. Probably an invasion of privacy, but just a minor one for me.

Now when the grocery store use to have cards...

ok, well i think its because they want you to buy a case not ,one pack, depending on where you are.
Also, I have a very noticeable condition. So i'm not afraid to say there for me, even though i'm a young person.
And if they can't well too bad. But people do look at me strange if i buy goodnites or baby diapers because i do not look old enough to have kids.

thefurealfriends said:
ok, well i think its because they want you to buy a case not ,one pack, depending on where you are.
Also, I have a very noticeable condition. So i'm not afraid to say there for me, even though i'm a young person.
And if they can't well too bad. But people do look at me strange if i buy goodnites or baby diapers because i do not look old enough to have kids.

As you note - "too bad" for them. I think today more non-diaper people are realizing with commercials and advertisements that more older youth and adults are wearing protection and maybe not waking up in wet sheets at night is a nice situation to have and if wearing diapers / plastic underpants helps you meet that situation they should be happy for you.

For those folks that wonder if it is a fetish: wow, I know I have better things to accomplish each day than wondering who has a fetish with furry animals, wearing untypical undergarments for the age of the person buying, or what sex magazines someone buys, etc. I recall the first time I bought plastic underpants when I was around 12 or 13. My heart was racing and the only way I was able to do it was by logically telling myself the counter woman was not going to grab me and shout out to everyone what I was buying and ask me where my parents were (ha). And in actuality it was a very non-distinct event, even standing in line with several other people with my Gerber large vinyl plastic underpants evident in the light blue box as I held them and then placed them for that "long ride" on the conveyor belt to the cash register lady. They actually worked great for me at a time I did not understand wet-dreams and thought I was having small accidents wetting again at night. Dry pajamas and no wet spot on the sheets was very satisfying as my plastic underpants contained it well.

SweetPrincess said:
So the other day I bought some Tena pull up pants from my local pharmacy and when she rings them up at the counter she asks if I have a loyalty card. I reply no and she then asks if they were for me or for someone else.

I've had this happen to me as well. I was anxious enough just being in the store buying diapers. I'm a big fan of self checkout lanes but they don't have them at the pharmacy. When they asked if they were for me or someone else I'm pretty sure i turned bright red as I was extremely embarrassed. I lied and said they were for someone else and they asked if the person I was buying for had a card. My anxiety level spiked and I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I'm sure I made some unintelligible sounds and turned deeper shades of red before paying in cash and practically running out the door.

I totally understand your frustration.

These days I only buy online.

SweetPrincess said:
Yeah that's how it works but I never bothered to sign up to one. Like I said earlier I can understand why they would want to ask as regulars who are incontinent would save money.

Exactly I see no reason to push especially on sensitive issues that really are kind of personal. The fact that they asked me who they are for really annoys me. It's like when I was collecting a parcel from the post office once and the clerk asked what I was buying....oh yeah you know just some adult diapers! Thanks for asking! Like I would ever say that. Some people have no respect for privacy.

The best you can do is call the corporate office and complain at what they are doing.
Then tell them how you feel.
They may change there policy.
Sence all there store's are doing it.
Just say they are driving you to buy on line with someone else.

I've got to the point now that I'll admit they are for me. I don't care if I'm judged or whatever. Most people assume it's because I need them and change the subject. I've only had one or two people ask about my needing them and I just keep it very vague. In a sense I do need them for comfort. I think if we all act like it's normal it would help it be more normal.

DLRob said:
I totally understand your frustration.

These days I only buy online.

Yeah I would too but occasionally I like the convenience of buying it and getting it immediately. Also don't have to pay for shipping.
foxkits said:
The best you can do is call the corporate office and complain at what they are doing.
Then tell them how you feel.
They may change there policy.
Sence all there store's are doing it.
Just say they are driving you to buy on line with someone else.

Yeah I was going to but I never ended up doing it I should of and if I dare ever get someone from the post office ask me that again I will. I shouldn't have had to feel like that it made me want to slap him across the face for being so rude. I mean of all places a post office should know not to ask that question!

just a dumb clerk without common sense. No need to make such a big deal about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back