Status
Not open for further replies.

Slomo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I've been dealing with a urethral blockage for a couple of months now. My urologist just did a contrast xray on my urethra, and found the blockage is right by my prostrate. As such, he is going to need to do a partial TURP (Trans Urethral
Resctioning of the Prostrate). This is just so he can get to my blockage and then section it out. (It's not too long so I won't need a graft- thankfully).

So, has anyone else gone through a TURP surgery? And what kind of recovery did you go through?

I just had my prostate removed due to cancer. I did a lot of research on the internet and found out enough information that I knew exactly what to expect before and after the surgery.

Yeah, I am going to need some time to do that research myself. Thought I'd "go straight to the horses mouth" though.

There could be similarities. I'll answer any questions best I can.

***Update: A quick look shows quite a different procedure. Mine was a three hour laparoscopic surgery. Yours will be up the urethra and into the prostate. Only things in common are pain and "Cathy" the catheter.

Last edited by a moderator:
my dad had a turp procedure. they will place an irrigation catheter until it runs clear, IE all the bleeding stops. and then they take it out and send you home. I think it was just overnight in the hospital, maybe 2 days tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back