Possible bowel incontinence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophiaa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I don't think I have "incontinence" 100%, although for some reason I find it quite difficult to hold on from going to the toilet? At times I feel if I just stood their I would literally mess without much effort, sometimes it's worse than other times.

Any ideas what this is about or what is causing it?

Sophiaa said:
So I don't think I have "incontinence" 100%, although for some reason I find it quite difficult to hold on from going to the toilet? At times I feel if I just stood their I would literally mess without much effort, sometimes it's worse than other times.

Any ideas what this is about or what is causing it?

Note without more info and details (which will probably be too much info for us here anyways). You should probably talk to your doctor about it. And waiting or putting it off isn't going to make it any better. Put it off long enough, and it can get worse too.

This said, try strengthening your anal sphincter muscle. Just clench it as tight as you can for ten seconds. Do this several times a day too. After a few months you should notice it's easier for you to hold it.

Let me add to Slomo's comment that diet may have a lot to do with it as well. Have you changed anything lately, like more dairy in your diet? More grain? More caffeine?

You know I have this too. I'm not sure what it is but I have occasional bladder leakage and I've taken on to just wearing diapers 24/7. Whenever I feel the urge to go i let go. However my bowels think that's ok too. Every time I feel the urge to go I'm scrambling around to make it to the toilet and if I'm having loose bowels forget about it because there it blows! I've been told to try kegel exercises for as long as I've had my urinary issues but that does not work at all. For me I'm just accepting my incontinence as it progressively gets worse.

podmuse said:
For me I'm just accepting my incontinence as it progressively gets worse.

Don't accept it. See a doctor. There are many, many things that can cause this and some can be treated with meds.

I wan in a skiing accident when I was 10 and I lost pretty much all control over my bowel and bladder, I would definitely go see a doctor if your having problems holding it in, I would try exercises to strengthen your sphincter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back