Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Recently located a medical supply store nearby. It's a town over which leaves me with some barrier or safety. I was wondering if anyone have experience ordering from just a normal store? Do they ship your order to the store itself or to your home?

Most stores are pretty flexible. They can arrange you for delivery or you can pick it up there.

Would it be a problem that I'm not actually IC or in anyway someone who truly needs diapers or just medical supplies in general?

They're not actually going to check to see if you're incontinent.

Unless diapers become a new delivery system for heroin, we're all quite safe to order or buy diapers from whoever we please without fear of scrutiny.

How would the store know whether you are incontinent or not? The only real way would be for your own behaviour to out yourself as a fetishist, if that is what you are.

From the store's perspective, you are a customer willing to pay money for their product. So long as no laws are being broken, that probably ends their emotional involvement.

In fact there are quite a few medical supply stores that realize that a decent part of their diaper business is DL related.

JDCH said:
How would the store know whether you are incontinent or not? The only real way would be for your own behaviour to out yourself as a fetishist, if that is what you are.

From the store's perspective, you are a customer willing to pay money for their product. So long as no laws are being broken, that probably ends their emotional involvement.

you know, some stores actually do check for this. i once found a store that sells abena diapers and when i tried to order, the site said i have to attach a photocopy or a number of some sort of a medical supply card. that was just ridiculous. so i gave my money to another store instead

Alexia said:
you know, some stores actually do check for this. i once found a store that sells abena diapers and when i tried to order, the site said i have to attach a photocopy or a number of some sort of a medical supply card. that was just ridiculous. so i gave my money to another store instead

That's probably less about being a DL and more that the store in question is a wholesaler that is paid primarily by insurance companies and medical supply stores.

They said they would order anything I want but I'm not to sure what I want

That's the first I've ever heard of a store doing that. I can certainly understand why you would choose to spend your money elsewhere.

From the store's perspective, it's not a winning formula. Suppose the customer is truly incontinent, the degree of incontinence doesn't matter, but s/he has chosen not to seek a medical remedy. The store would turn a potential sale away because the customer did not have a note from a doctor? It's not as though incontinence products are by prescription only.

Not suggesting your comment is untrue, just having trouble getting my head around it.

Again, some stores only get paid through insurance companies and medical supply stores.

I don't understand the whole concept either but it's nothing discriminatory. It'd be the same thing if you bought your diapers from Costco or BJ's.

It was a flop in the end. There wasn't even a store where it said there was. Now I need another way to get diapers shipped in while still keeping my family in the dark

KryanAshford said:
It was a flop in the end. There wasn't even a store where it said there was. Now I need another way to get diapers shipped in while still keeping my family in the dark

Staples (the office supply store) carries a surprising line of medical products including molicare diapers, at a fair price. Order online for in-store pickup, as they don't usually keep them in stock in the stores.

If getting to a FedEx or UPS shipping center is an option, you can have them hold packages (usually for free) so you can then pick them up in person. I just did this with my order from Bambino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a FedEx store or a UPS store here.

What do they carry at Staples?

KryanAshford said:

Wait, I'm confused... If there's no store, who is the "they" who told you "they" could order anything you wanted?

I called the number I found on google maps and I asked them what I could get from them, but in the end the store I "found" on Google maps wasn't even at the location it was showing. The number I called was for a place in Kentucky

Alexia said:

Maybe it's something to do with purchase tax/VAT.

The store requiring a medical ID is probably defrauding medicare or insurance companies or maybe both. I am normally not cynical about such things, but this seems so prevalent these days.

KryanAshford said:
Recently located a medical supply store nearby. It's a town over which leaves me with some barrier or safety. I was wondering if anyone have experience ordering from just a normal store? Do they ship your order to the store itself or to your home?

Can you just pop into Walmart or a pharmacy? you could always write down what you want, then read out to the clerk so it looks like you are buying for someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back