Ordering from a medical store

Status
Not open for further replies.
KryanAshford said:
I don't have a FedEx store or a UPS store here.

What do they carry at Staples?

Not a store, a distribution facility. If you can get deliveries from them, then both will have a facility that's usually within an hour's drive.

Some places still charge tax on diapers ,unless you prove they are medical need, but most of the time these days diapers are exempt.
Finding a medical supply that doesnt have exclusive contracts with two limited brands and has or will get whatever you want is the holy grail of business find a good place like that post it ,big insurance has made getting diapers a very profitable racket for stores.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Tetra said:
Some places still charge tax on diapers ,unless you prove they are medical need, but most of the time these days diapers are exempt.
Finding a medical supply that doesnt have exclusive contracts with two limited brands and has or will get whatever you want is the holy grail of business find a good place like that post it ,big insurance has made getting diapers a very profitable racket for stores.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Yeah, and when they are a medical need you get the cheapest crap available. Figures.

Most stores do shipping or you can pick it up there if you want to. Some stores like Walmart have big selections of diapers, whether they're medical or not I wouldn't know. But you could always search the brand to check if they're medical ones. I don't see you not being incontinent a problem at all. Cause the people who work there wouldn't really need to know. Or they'd think you're buying/ordering them for someone else in need if they know you aren't incontinent. There isn't anything wrong with liking medical supplies in general.

I agree, there is nothing for you to worry about either if IT or not. Incontinence products are not prescription only and it's not their business to seek additional information, you can buy whatever you want and whenever you want and nobody should bother you about that. As many people said here, they can ship it home or you can get it personally at the store, possibly they also ship in other ways, so if you want to stay anonymous that would be the best way to do so, but you have to check if they offer such shipment, after all this stuff isn't a big deal, so there is no point getting paranoid over it though I order online straight to my home for most of my time, I had my fair share of checking local stores therefore I'm ordering from hexa & co now as they probably have the most competitive prices/quality ratio right now.

JDCH said:
That's the first I've ever heard of a store doing that. I can certainly understand why you would choose to spend your money elsewhere.

From the store's perspective, it's not a winning formula. Suppose the customer is truly incontinent, the degree of incontinence doesn't matter, but s/he has chosen not to seek a medical remedy. The store would turn a potential sale away because the customer did not have a note from a doctor? It's not as though incontinence products are by prescription only.

Not suggesting your comment is untrue, just having trouble getting my head around it.

They would be medical wholesalers. They exist, they usually supply a lot more than just incontinence stuff though, usually DME in general. If the site is incontinence aid specific usually it's just because the company decided to split their divisions out into separate parts for whatever reason. But yeah they exist. Usually they are just online though and don't have a public storefront or anything like that.

They just deal with insurance only and don't take payment directly from the consumer and then will bill the consumer later whatever the insurance doesn't cover (sort of like how a doctor's office works).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back