Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ordering from a medical store

Question Ordering from a medical store

Recently located a medical supply store nearby. It's a town over which leaves me with some barrier or safety. I was wondering if anyone have experience ordering from just a normal store? Do they ship your order to the store itself or to your home?

Most stores are pretty flexible. They can arrange you for delivery or you can pick it up there.

Would it be a problem that I'm not actually IC or in anyway someone who truly needs diapers or just medical supplies in general?

They're not actually going to check to see if you're incontinent.

Unless diapers become a new delivery system for heroin, we're all quite safe to order or buy diapers from whoever we please without fear of scrutiny.

How would the store know whether you are incontinent or not? The only real way would be for your own behaviour to out yourself as a fetishist, if that is what you are.

From the store's perspective, you are a customer willing to pay money for their product. So long as no laws are being broken, that probably ends their emotional involvement.

In fact there are quite a few medical supply stores that realize that a decent part of their diaper business is DL related.

Quote Originally Posted by JDCH View Post
    How would the store know whether you are incontinent or not? The only real way would be for your own behaviour to out yourself as a fetishist, if that is what you are.

From the store's perspective, you are a customer willing to pay money for their product. So long as no laws are being broken, that probably ends their emotional involvement.
    you know, some stores actually do check for this. i once found a store that sells abena diapers and when i tried to order, the site said i have to attach a photocopy or a number of some sort of a medical supply card. that was just ridiculous. so i gave my money to another store instead

Quote Originally Posted by Alexia View Post
    you know, some stores actually do check for this. i once found a store that sells abena diapers and when i tried to order, the site said i have to attach a photocopy or a number of some sort of a medical supply card. that was just ridiculous. so i gave my money to another store instead
    That's probably less about being a DL and more that the store in question is a wholesaler that is paid primarily by insurance companies and medical supply stores.

They said they would order anything I want but I'm not to sure what I want

That's the first I've ever heard of a store doing that. I can certainly understand why you would choose to spend your money elsewhere.

From the store's perspective, it's not a winning formula. Suppose the customer is truly incontinent, the degree of incontinence doesn't matter, but s/he has chosen not to seek a medical remedy. The store would turn a potential sale away because the customer did not have a note from a doctor? It's not as though incontinence products are by prescription only.

Not suggesting your comment is untrue, just having trouble getting my head around it.