Status
Not open for further replies.

CookieMonstah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So I was flying home from Newark yesterday and I had a lot of stuff in my bags. I had been away for 2 and a half months working on a summer camp and wasn't sure where I had put everything.

So I get to TSA security, I have two bags, one gets through okay, the other is stopped and I'm like uh oh what's happened, I've never been stopped by the TSA. This is where it gets awkward, the bag that was stopped had a diaper in it I was going to change into. This was not just any plain white diaper, it was an ABU Barebum diaper with colourful prints all over it.

So one of guards pulls me over and is searching through and immediately he sees the diaper as it's at the top of my bag. As he's rummaging he lets the diaper peak out the top for others to see. Anyways turns out I had left baby lotion in my bag and it was over the limit for liquids. I totally forgot I had put it in there as I had so many different bags to pack. I told the man it could be thrown away and then I was free to leave.

I was a little agitated but I knew if I started to show signs of stress then it would attract attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If any passersby saw it, they probably didn't immediately recognize it for a diaper. If they did...well...you should congratulate yourself for making their visits to the airport more...colorful. :)

I've had a few over-the-limit bottles of stuff confiscated by the TSA. I don't fly a lot--maybe twice a year on average--but this last year I bought myself a travel kit full of TSA-sized bathroom supplies so that I never have that problem again. I'm not sure who came up with the term, but a local radio personality here in the Seattle area refers to the TSA as "security theatre." And I think that's exactly what it is. It's been demonstrated many times that getting weapons and other things past them is easy.

But not baby lotion!

CookieMonstah said:
This was not just any plain white diaper, it was an ABU Barebum diaper with colourful prints all over it...So one of guards pulls me over and is searching through and immediately he sees the diaper as it's at the top of my bag. As he's rummaging he lets the diaper peak out the top for others to see.

To the untrained eye, a colorful diaper is probably just assumed to be for a baby. If I saw something large with a print on it and I didn't know about the AB world, I would probably think it's a changing pad of some kind. Also, I'm sure TSA agents have seen much stranger things.

CookieMonstah said:
. Anyways turns out I had left baby lotion

That reminds me of a joke from jeff dunham where burbank TSA mistakes lotion for millitary grade plastic explosives. So i guess it could have been far worse

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah other people might think the diaper is for a baby but when you're travelling alone it's a bit awkward.

CookieMonstah said:
Yeah other people might think the diaper is for a baby but when you're travelling alone it's a bit awkward.

"Mom" might have already gone through TSA or is lagging behind.

Scaramouche said:
"Mom" might have already gone through TSA or is lagging behind.

Oh yeah haha good point

There are what is called binary explosives that look like water and are perfectly stable seperated but as soon as they come into contact kinda like epoxy mixing the hardner in, but about 1 ounce of this stuff will imediately go boom when the two parts contact and will easily level a house down and you don't want to be near it .

I had a friend who accidently made it thru TSA with a fully loaded .40 calibre , when he sat down on the plane it dug into his side, despite him being honest and admitting his mistake and notifying the stewardess, they boarded the plane with a SWAT team cuffed him up and threw the bookcase at him( because of course some TSA agents got realy embarrassed).

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

You can't act embarrassed or nervous or it would give them more reason to be suspicious

Tetra said:
There are what is called binary explosives that look like water and are perfectly stable seperated but as soon as they come into contact kinda like epoxy mixing the hardner in, but about 1 ounce of this stuff will imediately go boom when the two parts contact and will easily level a house down and you don't want to be near it .

I had a friend who accidently made it thru TSA with a fully loaded .40 calibre , when he sat down on the plane it dug into his side, despite him being honest and admitting his mistake and notifying the stewardess, they boarded the plane with a SWAT team cuffed him up and threw the bookcase at him( because of course some TSA agents got realy embarrassed).

Was it not in his pocket? Surely the detector would pick up on that. Also that's messed up he was in the wrong when he informed the stewardess but the TSA missed a lethal weapon which is why the TSA was made

Tetra said:

His biggest mistake was owning up, so long as he was not a threat the easist thing to do would be to just keep his mouth shut and continue his journey there is not a search on the way out and he already Got it through security successfully At that point there really was no Consequence he brought it on himself.

On a side note why the hell did he have his gun holstered to him on the way to the airport???!!! I dont go anywhere without my 1911 but if i know i have to take it off i just dont holster it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

As someone that works day-in-day out on airport property, and am involved in aspects of security---I promise you, this is nothing at all to worry about.

TSA has seen the likes of things like you wouldn't believe. A diaper would barely register on the 'wtf?' Richter scale around these parts. You would not BELIEVE the kind of highly, highly illegal things people regularly try and bring through airports, some of which are incredibly dangerous. A diaper is neither. If they even remembered finding it at all--the least you can be sure of is that you probably made that poor guy's dull day a tad bit more exciting.

Tetra said:

The only people made safer by gun control are criminals and tyrants. The airlines were much safer when everyone was armed. Now they are cattle cars full of defenseless sheeple. In a free society, if a terrorist tried to take over a plane they'd be dead a moment after announcing their intentions. It's a good thing that I have no chance of ever going anywhere (due to the fact that I'm a disabled worthless piece of garbage), because I wouldn't get on any public transportation unless I was well armed. Of course I'd also prefer to be the pilot.

I think people need to stand up for their rights and get rid of the gestapo. But I realize that's never going to happen because the majority of people prefer to be controlled by others.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PaddedMikey said:
The airlines were much safer when everyone was armed.
Having people with firearms on an airplane is be a horrible idea given that they might have had a drink to many so their judgment is impaired and even if it weren't their coordination would likely be hindered causing untended casualties and damage Overall alcohol and firearms should not mix especially on an aircraft.

Another issue with having armed civilians on a plane is the likely hood that they will not make the right call or have the proper training to handle a firearm under pressure. They also have a chance of not having hollow point ammunition which decrease the likely hood of penetrating the body of the plane.

Also given the heat of the moment people might mistake other with firearms as the bad guy.

flash890 said:
alcohol and firearms should not mix

I couldn't agree more. Alcohol is very dangerous, it's the most destructive drug known.

flash890 said:
Another issue with having armed civilians on a plane is the likely hood that they will not make the right call or have the proper training to handle a firearm under pressure.
As if the gestapo does.

flash890 said:
They also have a chance of not having hollow point ammunition which decrease the likely hood of penetrating the body of the plane.
Actually hollow points will penetrate the fuselage just fine. Any armed citizen should know to only use frangible ammo on a plane. Also guns aren't the only way in which people should be armed.

flash890 said:
Also given the heat of the moment people might mistake other with firearms as the bad guy.
Only when the rest of the populous is so dumbed down by the government halls of indoctrination (i.e. the government daycare centers, i.e. public schools). Also, history shows that the gestapo are most likely to do that, not the armed citizens.

Those who don't know history, condemn us all to repeat it.

Let's face it pre TSA as in 911 a bunch of degerates with box cutters took 4 planes and many lives , but our answer to that has been make sure only true sneaky criminals can get there weapons of mass destruction on planes, in a lot of ways I don't have ideas on what the right answer is ? I know the SAC of the sky Marshall program and he is confident in his guys ,but it's still a freaking lottery as to is one on board to defend the passengers , in a majority of recent nuts on planes cases it was passengers who gave am a good beating and duck taped them or strapped them down with belts , yes most of the these people were not trying to take the plane down ,but we really need something to defend ourselves and planes with better than cokes cans and plastic mini liquor bottles , MacGuvire may be unavailbe during the next in flight emergency ,and having our hands tied is not the answer so where is the balance point between nothing and something very dangerous that could go really wrong instead of right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back