Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awkward Moment With The TSA

Default Awkward Moment With The TSA

So I was flying home from Newark yesterday and I had a lot of stuff in my bags. I had been away for 2 and a half months working on a summer camp and wasn't sure where I had put everything.

So I get to TSA security, I have two bags, one gets through okay, the other is stopped and I'm like uh oh what's happened, I've never been stopped by the TSA. This is where it gets awkward, the bag that was stopped had a diaper in it I was going to change into. This was not just any plain white diaper, it was an ABU Barebum diaper with colourful prints all over it.

So one of guards pulls me over and is searching through and immediately he sees the diaper as it's at the top of my bag. As he's rummaging he lets the diaper peak out the top for others to see. Anyways turns out I had left baby lotion in my bag and it was over the limit for liquids. I totally forgot I had put it in there as I had so many different bags to pack. I told the man it could be thrown away and then I was free to leave.

I was a little agitated but I knew if I started to show signs of stress then it would attract attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If any passersby saw it, they probably didn't immediately recognize it for a diaper. If they did...well...you should congratulate yourself for making their visits to the airport more...colorful.

I've had a few over-the-limit bottles of stuff confiscated by the TSA. I don't fly a lot--maybe twice a year on average--but this last year I bought myself a travel kit full of TSA-sized bathroom supplies so that I never have that problem again. I'm not sure who came up with the term, but a local radio personality here in the Seattle area refers to the TSA as "security theatre." And I think that's exactly what it is. It's been demonstrated many times that getting weapons and other things past them is easy.

But not baby lotion!

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonstah View Post
    This was not just any plain white diaper, it was an ABU Barebum diaper with colourful prints all over it...So one of guards pulls me over and is searching through and immediately he sees the diaper as it's at the top of my bag. As he's rummaging he lets the diaper peak out the top for others to see.
    To the untrained eye, a colorful diaper is probably just assumed to be for a baby. If I saw something large with a print on it and I didn't know about the AB world, I would probably think it's a changing pad of some kind. Also, I'm sure TSA agents have seen much stranger things.

. Anyways turns out I had left baby lotion

That reminds me of a joke from jeff dunham where burbank TSA mistakes lotion for millitary grade plastic explosives. So i guess it could have been far worse

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah other people might think the diaper is for a baby but when you're travelling alone it's a bit awkward.

Yeah other people might think the diaper is for a baby but when you're travelling alone it's a bit awkward.

"Mom" might have already gone through TSA or is lagging behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
    "Mom" might have already gone through TSA or is lagging behind.
    Oh yeah haha good point

There are what is called binary explosives that look like water and are perfectly stable seperated but as soon as they come into contact kinda like epoxy mixing the hardner in, but about 1 ounce of this stuff will imediately go boom when the two parts contact and will easily level a house down and you don't want to be near it .

I had a friend who accidently made it thru TSA with a fully loaded .40 calibre , when he sat down on the plane it dug into his side, despite him being honest and admitting his mistake and notifying the stewardess, they boarded the plane with a SWAT team cuffed him up and threw the bookcase at him( because of course some TSA agents got realy embarrassed).

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

You can't act embarrassed or nervous or it would give them more reason to be suspicious

Quote Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
    There are what is called binary explosives that look like water and are perfectly stable seperated but as soon as they come into contact kinda like epoxy mixing the hardner in, but about 1 ounce of this stuff will imediately go boom when the two parts contact and will easily level a house down and you don't want to be near it .

I had a friend who accidently made it thru TSA with a fully loaded .40 calibre , when he sat down on the plane it dug into his side, despite him being honest and admitting his mistake and notifying the stewardess, they boarded the plane with a SWAT team cuffed him up and threw the bookcase at him( because of course some TSA agents got realy embarrassed).

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    Was it not in his pocket? Surely the detector would pick up on that. Also that's messed up he was in the wrong when he informed the stewardess but the TSA missed a lethal weapon which is why the TSA was made