Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do people who don't like diapers, end up like them after wearing them long enough

Default Do people who don't like diapers, end up like them after wearing them long enough

This is question I always thought of, I have heard stories of this, what is your thoughts?

Assuming you're not talking about people being forced to wear, I imagine some people get used to it at least.

Yea, I wonder what people would think of using them for convenience .Probaly think it disgusting, even though urine is sterile

There are a lot more incontinent people than ABDLs. I think we'd hear from more of them if all incontinent diaper wearers came to like them. I'd imagine for most of them, the closest they get to liking them is appreciating that they're not leaking all over. It's like asking if people like their crutches, wheelchairs, or having to go around with a cane or a service animal. They help make things better but most people aren't going to actually like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    There are a lot more incontinent people than ABDLs. I think we'd hear from more of them if all incontinent diaper wearers came to like them. I'd imagine for most of them, the closest they get to liking them is appreciating that they're not leaking all over. It's like asking if people like their crutches, wheelchairs, or having to go around with a cane or a service animal. They help make things better but most people aren't going to actually like them.
    I will go with Trevor, I am sure they all have their preferences and know what is good on the market or what is best for them. But given the choice they rather not have to rely on it all. They are happy that it works, because without them their life quality will be much worse off.

We have a number of incontinent members on this site who have grown to like their diapers, from what they've said in various threads. There are some who have embraced regression to make having to wear diapers a little more acceptable psychologically. Everyone is different.

Absolutly I learned to enjoy being in nappies and now couldn't be happier and don't regret being incontinent at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    ... I'd imagine for most of them, the closest they get to liking them is appreciating that they're not leaking all over. It's like asking if people like their crutches, wheelchairs, or having to go around with a cane or a service animal. They help make things better but most people aren't going to actually like them.
    I am IC and at least in my experience I couldn't have said it better. The only thing I can add is that I have found a few small silver linings to having to wear diapers 24/7. Specifically it's great for large sporting events to not have to wait in long lines for a dirty bathroom and miss some of the action. It's also nice to not have to stop frequently on long drives to find a bathroom. Like Trevor (and my signature line says) I appreciate my diapers.

You get used to wearing them after a while, and changing is part of getting dressed just like putting on shoes and socks. Some guys wear boxers, some wear briefs, and some wear diapers or training pants.
    Last edited by chuck; 26-Aug-2017 at 16:36.

As @Trevor said, I appreciate diapers, to the extent of actually liking them now, though they are a bit of an annoyance from time to time. If you asked me would I be in diapers if I didn't needed them, it would be a bit more difficult to answer. @Padded53 said some wise words here, not having to use dirty bathrooms when being out and about well that's one advantage....
    However if I never developed a need for diapers e.g. becoming incontinent. I would not have known their advantages AND disadvantages since I would never had looked in that direction.....in fact before I became incontinent, I actually didn't know adult diapers existed in the first place and in the various forms you can get now I know now, and absolutely no knowledge about either AB or DL's......
    Even when I started wearing diapers it was a steep learning curve figuring out what level of protection I needed, how to prevent dreaded diaperleaks, not smelling of wet diaper etc.