sucking thumb VS pacifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

neaendr

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I do not suck my thumb since I was 3 or maybe 5 years old, but I re-try it once or twice during my adolescence and tonight to write this thread.

And I come to this conclusion:
Sucking my thumb is 1000 times more relaxing and introspective than pacifiers.
It relaxes me completely and plunges me into a state of incredible plenitude that I can not reach with any type of pacifier that I have been able to try ...

In fact I can find again the position of my thumb in my mouth (with my index finger placed like a hook of my nose, and my thumb deviated on my mouth) exactly like when I was a child. The sense of comfort is not comparable with pacifiers. I extremely rarely used my thumb (my adult teeth making it quickly uncomfortable and an hard finger with bones would be dangerous for my teeth on the long-term)
But the difference and the mental state it plunges me into is so strong comparing to paci, that I wanted to talk about it here. Do someone else feel the same?

I sucked my thumb ever since I was weaned off a pacifier when I was a baby, it's only now I have adult sized pacifiers that I've stopped sucking my thumb.

I love my pacifiers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have sucked my thumb ever since I was a baby (except for a couple years in the Army). I have 3 or 4 pacifiers that I use occasionally but they never satisfy me like my thumb does.

I've tried falling asleep while sucking both; I fell asleep only once with my thumb, and only a couple times with my pacifier. These days, I only prefer my pacifier, and only when I'm awake and playing video games or something of the sort. So, no more thumb for me.

I tried sucking my thumb once, seeing how I lack the ability to get a pacifier... but my thumb never has a very good taste to it. :c

I am both thumb and pasifer.

It not long before I sucking away on one of them.

I like both but I prefer binkies because it leaves both my hands free to cuddle or play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Of course, i do like my pacifiers too, the feeling is just different and offer another sort of comfort) Thank for your responses folks :) . The different experience and opinion on this topic are interesting to read. :smile1:

I suck on my pacifier. I tried using my thumb but it doesn't feel right for me, so I usually sleep with a paci in my mouth every night (they're on a clip that's always attached to my onesie). It calms me down whenever I'm at home.

Even though I tried using my thumb, it wasn't the same as a pacifier. I am not sure if it calms me down or makes me excited. I just love sucking them while in little space.

I prefer to suck on a pacifier, mainly because I paint my nails a lot (so I don't want to get any nail polish in my mouth..) and because it makes me feel more little overall.

Personally, I'm a thumb kind of guy, I've sucked my thumb ever since I was small and I need to have one of my stuffed toy's ears/arms up against my nose, it ain't comforting if I don't have the animal's ear or arm.

I didn't suck my thumb when I was a baby. I sucked my pinky as a preschooler. Maybe I learned that from cutting teeth. I mostly kept it in my cheek. Then as I got older and teeth fell out it would leave a hole a good size to rest my finger in. So sucking my thumb while it does give me some good feelings in my gut, my mouth says ewe gross. Pacifiers work much better for me. Maybe sucking my finger could work but my nails are so long and if I cut them I'd worry about any weird taste hiding under them.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

I sucked my thumb until I was 10 ish, and was forced to quit by my parents. And when I was an baby, I never took to pacifiers and preferred my thumb. But as a teen I always remember really wanting a pacifier and enjoying them.

when I started exploring my little side, I got back into using my thumb and to me it's alot more comforting than a paci. But I only suck my thumb if I don't need need both hands. If I'm drawing or on my computer I use a paci.

However, I still can't fall asleep with either in my mouth, but I'm working on it!

I prefer pacifier, my teeth make the thumb-sucking a little uncomfortable. But my paci is always with me during the night ^!^

I sucked my thumb as a kid, but I do a lot of things by hand now and wear scented lotions. I may stick my thumbnail in my mouth, but that is all.

I actually turned to my binkie and blankie after a particularly stressful day this week and was better able to fall asleep

I never really sucked my thumb as a kid but I like to now. Like OriginalT mentioned, I too would like to fall sleep while sucking my thumb but haven't been able to do it yet. Haven't tired a pacifier as an adult, didn't even really use one much as a child but I would like to try it as well.

I honestly can't remember the last time I sucked my thumb. It was many years ago.

Since the day I got my paci I haven't looked back. It's my stress-relief item mainly, but it does help me feel more little.

Hah, I may just try my thumb one day for comparison purposes...

I prefere paci - both hands I've free. And use it for a sleep, mostly it doesn't fall out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back